User Tag List

Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
Like Tree1671Likes

Thread: November 2018 Frugal Chatter Thread (Remembering...)

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

afternoon -woke up at 4.30 this morning ,feeling a little tired but made an appt for my blood work -gonna kill 2 birds with one stone ,my older brother(age 72) from my mom's first marriage lives right near the clinic him and his wife so will pop in to see them and take him some old dvd's of mom's -western ,steven Seagal ones I am not interested in and I will give him a few cpns Folgers's ,smuckers jam ones he can use as they are on a pension

first stop library to return and get my new books -cant wait to read one on the best sellers list that came in for me "educated" is the title

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    afternoon -woke up at 4.30 this morning ,feeling a little tired but made an appt for my blood work -gonna kill 2 birds with one stone ,my older brother(age 72) from my mom's first marriage lives right near the clinic him and his wife so will pop in to see them and take him some old dvd's of mom's -western ,steven Seagal ones I am not interested in and I will give him a few cpns Folgers's ,smuckers jam ones he can use as they are on a pension

first stop library to return and get my new books -cant wait to read one on the best sellers list that came in for me "educated" is the title
    @coupon girl , so nice of you to help out your older brother with coupons. About waking up early, could it be the clock change thingy?
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

@coupon girl let us know what you think of the book Educated. I'm on a long waiting list at the library for it.

Still enjoying raspberries on sale for $1.88 at Food Basics, I dumped a whole container of them in my cereal this morning.....so much for moderation 😂

Less windy today, thank goodness as seeing trees uprooted is a bit unsettling.
    Giseledta, Natalka, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

shwa girl-no not time change thing I just wake up early between usually 5-6.30 every day

had a lovely visit with my older brother -of course he said "long time no see" when I walked in his humour always gets me -but it is true I haven't seen him since may -since he had shingles and I had eye surgery etc
    had blood work done -man my arm is sore oh well

not sure what to have for supper,i will ask hubby what he wants

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

We have been in Vancouver for a few days helping DD move as the landlady at her apt turned out to be a bit of a nightmare. Anyway it has been warm and sunny for the most part -headed home tomorrow. Definitely not a frugal week!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Baking intentions have not materialized into a batch of cookies or coffee cake yet this week. Mom is taking an interest in making a couple of dishes now so I avoid the kitchen except for food or dishwashing.

Books-always good to have a couple of titles around. I'm in the 200s on the wait list for the Educated book but am having occasional success being near the top of some other title waitlists, so there's always something new coming in.

Saw the Sobeys (ON) preview for tomorrow's flyer-$10.99 for Emergen-C plus 10 bonus AM wub 1 (and I have that $4 off coupon). Count me in for that deal, as I need some nutritional support and that vitamin C-plus those 10 pts will put me into $10 redemption land soon-very happy). I was in Sobeys yesterday for a few groceries and enjoyed a tin of the three-bean marinated salad last night (99cents!) plus found the bag of hemp seeds on sale for $6.99.

Mowed over leaves yesterday-very fulfilling activity on a windy day. New layer of leaves are on the ground today but I will ignore them for now.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    We have been in Vancouver for a few days helping DD move as the landlady at her apt turned out to be a bit of a nightmare. Anyway it has been warm and sunny for the most part -headed home tomorrow. Definitely not a frugal week!
    DD is very fortunate to have you to help her out of the rental situation! Hope you enjoyed seeing BC again.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

I went to Walmart and bought a loaf of brown bread and some cordial chocolates for $4.87.

Someone just rang my enter phone looking for my neighbor. we have a deal where they ring and I just say wrong person. Have them figure it out for themselves. There is people here that buzz looking for them and they are not nice people to put it lightly.

So my meds are suppose to be delivered once a day or something along those lines. I should’ve asked my nurse if it starts today I totally forgot to ask that detail. I am starting a new group therapy on the 27th it’s mandatory. It goes till the middle or beginning of March. It’s every Tuesday for 2 1/2 hours in the morning. I guess will not being seeing that person I see every Tuesday. I am not good with change like this.

I picked up something for someone to give to them tonight. They paid for it but I used my thrifty shopping to my advantage and deal hunter knowledge. They gave me $5 extra for my time in getting it, which paid for my Walmart shop.

It’s sunny outside but cold I left the house wearing a hoodie and gloves. I was certainly cold , walking around I think it maybe more like a winter jet stream then a fall one. It’s weird we were super hot summer to super wet-cold fall.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Live, Love, Laugh

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Last work day of the week for me since I took tomorrow off. I have a massage this afternoon which I am really looking forward to.
    Pork chops are in the slow cooker. Will whip up some sides when I get home. Have laundry to put away and continue washing.
    Have a wonderful day everyone~!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I shopped at SDM for work yesterday. 22,780 in points for me. Brings my PC pts total to $508.

I have an offer tomorrow to receive back 25% in points if I redeem 50,000 or over. Pretty good offer in my books since I have an itch to redeem for some Christmas gifts. Will take a look and see if any deals to be had.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

gonna pop over to sobey's get a few items for son/family are coming over tonight for a roast(I had personal offer of points on it 2 months ago)was saving it cant wait made a lemon merigue pie this morning and the merigue didn't peak darn it -it is hit or miss the odd time last few I made perfect

chilly out today see you later

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

i just finished all 3 of the shopper army missions. it was pretty easy to do . I am really looking forward to do that kitkat cabin with the kids at Christmas .
    from reading their payout time is long.. i am interested to see how long, i cashed out for amazon. however.. a long payout, since it is simply going back on to my amazon act is not going to bother me all that much . hmmm.

Did caddle this am , made my costco list , and my co 51 list. just resting for the night.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

well got some good deals this afternoon at sobeys ,mccormicks gravy for .50 each -got 3 pkgs after both caddle and checkout51,,emerg c 10.99-4.00 cpn=6.99 plus 10 airmiles plus other sale items I spent 67.72 got 38 airmiles ,saved 10.00 in cpns 8.75 from checkout51 and caddle

had a lovely roast beef dinner with son/family roasted carrots and mashed potatoes ,plus corn /peas
    and lemon pie -they just left at 7.20 so I am relaxing a bit

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

What a long week, no money spent so no savings to report. Had a lovely dinner out tonight but it was a work event so free for me. I don’t even know what we need for groceries because DH and the kids made all the meals this week. So I may just wait until Sunday to get groceries.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

woke to snow. made a tea.
    theraphy for youngest tonight. not feeling to bad, not feeling to good.. lol. meds seem to be working
    taking my mom to costco tomorrow. list is made. its not big

cleaned out the med cabinet yesterday. will spotless the kitchen today. that its .
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Page 6 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Thread Information