User Tag List

Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
Like Tree1671Likes

Thread: November 2018 Frugal Chatter Thread (Remembering...)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

My friend came over yesterday morning so that I could teach her how I save money on groceries. I sent her home with a list of places/websites to get coupons from, and a sandwich sized baggie with coupons that would be useful for her. She signed up as my referral on Caddle. She already had Checkout 51 and , but she never uses them. I sent her home with food too.
    Her 2 groceries bags contained 3 fresh toothpaste, 3 French’s mustards, 1 box of pasta, 2 boxes of pop tarts, and a spaghetti squash from my garden. Doing this cost me absolutely nothing.

I stepped out to NF last night to use some new offers and repeat a deal before the sale ended.
    Bananas - 25c Caddle
    9x $2 French’s specialty mustard - $21 Caddle = +$3 and 9 bottles of mustard for the food bank.
    Bulk offer 100pts/$1 nought dried cranberries, almonds, pecans = 2,700pts
    Last edited by Angela273; Fri, Nov 9th, 2018 at 09:44 AM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

It’s a PD day today, so I have all the school aged kids. Dh took ds to return all of our recyclables to SARCAN this morning. I got $65 and gave the change to our children. The kids put their coins in their piggy banks.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

working at home today, I like to get an early start on my day since I save the commuting time and then can be done by 4. since I typically get home at 7 this is a luxury. Still feeling pretty run down, everyone at work has been sick and so far I have avoided it, but I think its taking its toll. I am going to take a break to make tea and see if that perks me up, I have hit my coffee quota for the day.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

angela -so nice to show your friend the in's and outs of couponing plus a bag of stuff

just cleaned my stove -now I can see in -lol
    maybe I shouldn't have as my lower back is a tiny bit sore ,so I had the heating pad on for a bit

hubby and I just moved our 10 year old chair put to the garage for to put out on the nov 23 as I called it in for the bulk pickup which is free ,our new lazy boy is coming tonight hubby will be happy (he is picking it up with my son to save the delivery fee )

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Yesterday Dh was late getting home from work. He had stopped at Canadian tire for a couple things for his truck and SCOPed both items. Over $20 in savings on an extension cord and windshield wiper.

Earlier in the week I posted a wanted ad for a felt Christmas tree for the kids. I just received a reply from a lady. She is going to give me hers when she digs out her Christmas decorations in a week or two. She’s even going to deliver it. What a great surprise.
    Last edited by Angela273; Fri, Nov 9th, 2018 at 06:41 PM.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

I went to Walmart and spent 10.55$ there was no cashiers open at all which is strange so I had to use a self checkout which is foreign to me. The fricken machine wouldn’t take my money kept spitting it back out. The attendant walked over trying to help and it did it for her to. I wanted to give up but I folded it a different way and it took it. Today it’s raining yet again and it’s freezing outside burr. It was colder yesterday waking up to -3C in my apartment. Today it’s no better a little warmer inside yet the hallways are to be less than desirable.

I have a package in customs said via amazon online tracking, probably obtain it either Monday or Tuesday. Then the last order is lost in Hong Kong postal service with no tracking information other then left the facility. And I thought Canada post was bad for loosing things.

I am out and about I forgot to send this... might bring something cool to show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Live, Love, Laugh

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

So much for being done early, I worked straight through to 8 pm. Dominos to the rescue. Made the older son pick up to save delivery and we are at out next free one. I had leftovers. The Christmas parties start soon and I have gained a bit of weight this year since my dad died so pizza is not on my menu. But I love it.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

took my mom to the bank , and while she was there i hit the dollerstore. i picked up a few things for my desk project.
    did a quick run into town for prices on tires. Hubby needs to do more research .. quote was just over 1100. oy.

plan is to work on desk project , my middle child needed to do a art project for school last year, and took a old wood desk ( good will under 20 but .. solid oak.. ) and drew on it. it now lives in my family room. i plan on using it as a bill paying center. also .. plan on focusing more on coupons ect. so it wil house the printer. ect. i need to clean it.. ect. and get all stuff orgainzed. i am positive it will help me be organized with this. i have a plan. and i will be able to have everything in one place.. that will at least help my peace of mind.
    i might go over and get more stamps today as well. hmm. or just hit shoppers for thier 20x points day. i do need a few things, so that would be good.

not sure about supper i will figure it out. and i have housework to do . lots to keep me busy
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Snow flurries for two days (long flaky swirls yesterday that was slushy; powdery snow bits today). Yesterday I made a coffee cake and will admit I ate all 12 pieces yesterday. I'm wallowing-I found out I do have a stage 1 breast cancer and while I thought I was ready to hear it could be that (10 minutes after hearing the news, I was about ready to cry but managed not to--it helped to browse and shop afterwards), my head's needing a few days of comfort and figuring out what do I do. So, cake (I am trying to avoid caffeine as well, farewell cola)!
    I noticed two of my usual personal products contain soy products and since I'm also estrogen and progesterone receptor positive, well I'll be looking for new products soon. Taking Emergen-C each morning since Wednesday-I feel I need that vitamin C and other support it provides since all those gray skies days came along with the standard clock change. Checked my AirMiles accounts-the bonus 10AM from the Emergen-C buy are not yet in my account but I can count on them next week for a $10 redemption (Sobeys or Rexall), which will be the 2nd one of the year (yes, I've been chasing survey points plus signup bonuses in 2018 to get to that 95 pts levels).

Raked some leaves yesterday (also to ensure sidewalks would not be slippery with wet leaves) and got an earful about needing to leave some around the flowers. Well, someone else can take the time to do that but there are plenty of leaves left for the wind to still blow everywhere and I like not having to rake oak leaves in the spring out of flowerbeds. Monday, I finish with more raking and see if it's time to do one more mulchfest and then park the mower when it's out of gas.

I'm glad to hear other SCers are encountering SCOP at Cdn Tire. What I am marvelling about it is that means the stores have not obtained the correct price cards from HQ, so customers are seeing the old shelf prices but the system scans the new prices via product UPCs. Last week, I bought the store brand soap pump and it too was the wrong price but I did not say SCOP just that the shelf price was 20 cents less, so cashier did a price override. I left the matter at that because I remember 2x dealing with staff about the larger soap refill, a pricing matter only seemingly resolved in Sept after my second visit (when I learned from a different staffer about the price cards), not after my first July encounter. My local store had an ownership change within the last year, so I'm not sure if that might be connected with the slow price card changes on the shelves (outside of advertised flyer specials).

My room is ready for the guest that might be lodging elsewhere this weekend. However, it's ready in case another change in plans occurs. It's rather windy this afternoon, sure to affect flights arriving in Toronto today. I rather like the spare floor space, most things crammed in the closet plus about 4 piles downstairs. Will need to see what else I can pare down next week. It was worth the effort to launder the comforter and pillow-sleep was fast last night!
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Any RBC customers still using bankbooks-get them updated before Nov. 15! The bank won't update books from the 15th. I'll have to ask Mom to update hers at the counter (since she will have a tax credit from yesterday or today in the account). I had an issue last time at the ATM with the toner being out for the update (but there are impressions to read, if the book is tilted just so).

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Wendy's small fries with sea salt on Thursday night was my initial dinner. Then I had something else at home.
    Found a 10 cent can on the walk home and returned it. No walks yesterday.
    Today, I found 2 Monopoly game stickers from the person(s) leaving takeout packages on the street. The game ends tomorrow but instant win food prizes can be redeemed until Dec. 2 and codes must be entered online by Dec.2.(hmm, there's a reward for every 10 properties entered online--must be a new feature?).

Longo's has its Holiday issue online. I'll pop into the store to see if the physical copies (with calendars?) are available. There's a cannoli zuccato recipe that sounds yummy (if you have made zuccato cake, you know how rich it can be). On the link, the issue is the last one on the right in the top row. I also noticed this week that the store carries decaf Twinings English Breakfast tea (the 20ct pkg), so that is one more grocery item to add to my list (Fortinos carries a big box only).

Think I have figured out the rest of the gift ideas for a birthday person and will get one of them today. Then start on the gift bag! Happy thought!
    Last edited by Ciel; Sat, Nov 10th, 2018 at 02:34 PM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Hugs Ciel Many hugs. Stage 1 is highly treatable many prayers.
    or Swagbucks
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

ok, forgot to mention.
    So i have a areogarden. cool little thing. bought it off a online yard sale for 10.00 from a friend . the refil pkgs are 20.00 at ctire. for a 6 thing, mine hold 3. so that is a win. i have herbs, lettuce, and a refillable set. so i am totally set for the winter. and the dc kids love watching tthem grow ... so win win.

just finished shoppers. 20x points day. spent 64.00 got 24 990 pts back so pretty good. back to 400.00 my kid can use for groceries. since they are in school for 4 years, then we have the other one going .. i better get better with points. lol
    or Swagbucks

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Hugs Ciel so sorry to hear
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

hugs ceil -thoughts are with you

Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread Information