User Tag List

Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast
Like Tree1671Likes

Thread: November 2018 Frugal Chatter Thread (Remembering...)

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

well got back from Toronto at 5.00 p.m went there to babysit Sebastian ,daughter made a lovely filling brunch(eggs ,bacon ,roasted potatoes with sourdough bread )has so much fun with him

then popped over to get gas 106.9-yes a deal there and into shoppers for 20times as I really needed toilet paper(was down to 2pkgs )I spent 73.70 and I got 27,500 points

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening Everyone,
    Exciting news I found out on Friday my bro and his gf are getting married. His gf came into my office on Friday and announced "your going to be my bridesmaid and your are now stuck with me forever." I teased her a little and said we all already knew as she put it we were stuck with her.

Now we are all in a little bit of a panic as they will be getting married early January so we have less than 2 months to get everything we need. It is a destination wedding so now I am budgeting Christmas and everything I will need to take on my trip. I need to clean up my room and take inventory on what I have and I will need to buy. I admit I have already been online window shopping a little.

Now on to today, today has been a good day laundry is done, just need to fold the last load. Laundry did not come without some fun, last week when I did laundry the hose connecting the outside of the house came off. I put it back on and re did the tape and I thought it was fixed but today it fell off again. This time when we went to put it back on it came off the back of the dryer so we had to move the dryer and put it back on. It was not an easy task as there really was not room to work but we got it done.

We also re cleaned up the stockpile room. We emptied all of the Rubbermaid totes and re organized them so they worked better for our needs. Initially I put all baking stuff in one tote but then when we needed something we had to dig for it and we had no more room in the tote so we broke it down more putting the stuff we use regularly in a more easily accessible tote. We went from 3 totes and a cooler to 4 totes. I was happy to get this done as it was getting hard to find what we needed.

I am happy with what we got done today but I have to admit I feel like we are a short time limit to get things done before Christmas and I feel like every time I turn around something else is popping up I need to get done before Christmas. I think tomorrow I am going to write down everything I need to get done and see if I can prioritize things.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Ciel-I think I might eat a whole coffee cake too after that bad news!! Good grief!! I hope you are able to get treatment ASAP. Sending healing thoughts your way.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

@Ciel I would have cried initially but after that I am not sure what would’ve happened. Sending you angels to look out for you in the coming days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Live, Love, Laugh

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

@Ciel you will get through this. Stage 1 is very treatable. It is very good news that it was caught so early.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

My second French’s mustard purchase credited to my Caddle account. I redeemed for my second cheque this week for $22.55 from Caddle.
    I also redeemed for another $25 Amazon.ca gift card from Swagbucks.
    I reposted a couple of items that Dh had tried to post. One is now SPPU to a couple we know in town. That will be $80 back in our pocket.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Snow flurries for two days (long flaky swirls yesterday that was slushy; powdery snow bits today). Yesterday I made a coffee cake and will admit I ate all 12 pieces yesterday. I'm wallowing-I found out I do have a stage 1 breast cancer and while I thought I was ready to hear it could be that (10 minutes after hearing the news, I was about ready to cry but managed not to--it helped to browse and shop afterwards), my head's needing a few days of comfort and figuring out what do I do. So, cake (I am trying to avoid caffeine as well, farewell cola)!
    I noticed two of my usual personal products contain soy products and since I'm also estrogen and progesterone receptor positive, well I'll be looking for new products soon. Taking Emergen-C each morning since Wednesday-I feel I need that vitamin C and other support it provides since all those gray skies days came along with the standard clock change. Checked my AirMiles accounts-the bonus 10AM from the Emergen-C buy are not yet in my account but I can count on them next week for a $10 redemption (Sobeys or Rexall), which will be the 2nd one of the year (yes, I've been chasing survey points plus signup bonuses in 2018 to get to that 95 pts levels).

Raked some leaves yesterday (also to ensure sidewalks would not be slippery with wet leaves) and got an earful about needing to leave some around the flowers. Well, someone else can take the time to do that but there are plenty of leaves left for the wind to still blow everywhere and I like not having to rake oak leaves in the spring out of flowerbeds. Monday, I finish with more raking and see if it's time to do one more mulchfest and then park the mower when it's out of gas.

I'm glad to hear other SCers are encountering SCOP at Cdn Tire. What I am marvelling about it is that means the stores have not obtained the correct price cards from HQ, so customers are seeing the old shelf prices but the system scans the new prices via product UPCs. Last week, I bought the store brand soap pump and it too was the wrong price but I did not say SCOP just that the shelf price was 20 cents less, so cashier did a price override. I left the matter at that because I remember 2x dealing with staff about the larger soap refill, a pricing matter only seemingly resolved in Sept after my second visit (when I learned from a different staffer about the price cards), not after my first July encounter. My local store had an ownership change within the last year, so I'm not sure if that might be connected with the slow price card changes on the shelves (outside of advertised flyer specials).

My room is ready for the guest that might be lodging elsewhere this weekend. However, it's ready in case another change in plans occurs. It's rather windy this afternoon, sure to affect flights arriving in Toronto today. I rather like the spare floor space, most things crammed in the closet plus about 4 piles downstairs. Will need to see what else I can pare down next week. It was worth the effort to launder the comforter and pillow-sleep was fast last night!
    Good morning Ciel ..so sorry sweetie to hear your news ..sending you good vibes and my thoughts and prayers go out to you ..Take good care yourself and sending you big 🤗 hugs

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

@Ciel my thoughts are with you and hoping for a speedy recovery. Both my mom and my aunt are survivors and mom is 21 years since diagnosis.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

@Ciel you will beat this! Hugs!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

We woke up to snow yesterday. Was slippery just going to Grandmas to get DS so stayed home once there.
    I have a roast ready to pop in the oven. Going to make dinner now and clean up then it is ready to heat up later. Will get going on laundry too.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

This will be a different Remembrance Day for us. It would have been my aunt’s 60th Birthday, the one who just passed away. It is also my older brother’s birthday. I also have family members who did active duty and are alive, but never the same again.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

just ordered free mittens for one of the grandkids was on my huge honey nut cherrio box
    relaxing today ,laundry ,maybe my puzzle or my book

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

afternoon all . took my mom to the cenotaph , then did the veggie shopping. cashed in 5.00 on co51. should cash out there next week.
    on track for today.. lots of laundry. lots.

i am trying to figure out a craft i want to do for the dc. but the closest fabric store is a hour away. sigh. i might play around with what i have and see how it looks. a lady is selling what i want for 75.00 and honestly i am just to cheap for that.

tacos for supper tonight. kids will love that , and its easy peesey
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

Yesterday I did a shoppers run I bought 4x 2kg of sugar from Rogers for $1.88 each, 3x 2 roll package of paper towels no name 89 cents each and 2 for $5 Monster hydro energy water drinks. I spent 15.88$ and got 255 points.

I usually supply most of the people I know with sugar and they give money for it on payday.

Right now I am doing laundry it’s in the dryers. Someone ruined the dryer with pearls that you use for the washing machine I need to tell staff about it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Live, Love, Laugh

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Went to the gym then grabbed a few fresh groceries. Have boiled eggs for next few days. Potatoes are boiling. Dinner is basically done. And the kitchen is clean. Last load in dryer. 3 loads to put away and a bed to make. A good day!

Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast

Thread Information