User Tag List

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree1671Likes

Thread: November 2018 Frugal Chatter Thread (Remembering...)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

thanks guys!!!

wednesday. ok, garbage and recyles out.
    i need to pop out donation items. they tend not to pick up till later but i should have them out for the 8 am time frame they like. lol.
    today is a park day. and pinecone hunt. i have crafts to do with them

i am tempted to make my life easier and start Christmas crafts a bit easier. not sure . i have a pd day on fri. i should finish up some Fall stuff....

theraphy for youngest tonight. not sure how that is happening, but i will figure it out.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

giselta-i save bath puffs and every year put one in my hairdresser basket -lol I much rather like face cloths

just finished my hairdresser's basket (every year she gives me the large basket back so I can reuse it) I spent 22.34 on all the items in it ,last year spent 19.33,so not bad I have 12 items in the basket candle,body wash, puff,hand lotion etc an 2 pairs of socks -haha plus I always give her a 10.00 Walmart gift card with the basket -a little extra as she is a neighbour from years ago when I was a teenager

woke up at 6.30 this morning a lot better

angela -aren't the small ones funny when it comes to food ,Sebastian used to love the roasted potatoes my daughter made with breakfast ,now he doesn't maybe it's the texture ,his daycare feeds them organic foods and he never use to eat that much ,now he eating chickpeas ,hummus and enjoying more food he is 26 months now
    Last edited by coupon girl; Wed, Nov 14th, 2018 at 08:23 AM.
    Natalka, Angela273, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning! DS had to be to school early for a school trip (to watch a hockey game in Toronto! A fun day!) so I came into work 30 mins early.
    I thawed a whole chicken overnight and it is in a baking dish in the fridge ready for the oven.
    I didn't have my planned pork roast in the slow cooker but wanted to stick to my no take out plan, so I found sausage in freezer my sister gave me, made perogies and green beans and the boys ate it all up! I also cooked up 2 small bags of fries (there was a bit leftover in each) to get them out of the freezer. I will cook a pot of rice while the chicken is cooking too. Still have cooked carrots in fridge so that will be the veggie.

I cleaned the kitchen last night and continued on laundry. I have one bin to put away and the load in the dryer. Will toss another load on tonight to keep up on it. (Have bedding to wash)

Fridge is looking a little empty but we still have lots to use up so trying to be creative.

Have a great day everyone!
    Ciel likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Tomorrow is payday so planned out the action plan. I set up most payment to happen already. Put the money on my credit card to cover our hockey weekend away next weekend.
    I also paid $300 on my 2019 property taxes! I am really trying to go into 2019 with credit on everything and continue to build them. My envelope that I started at the start of 2018 putting $10 in a week is going well. Will appreciate the $520 cash ready to start Jan 2019. I also have 2 bags of change for a Walmart stock up the fridge/freezer in Jan 2019 (since I can put change in the self checkout. I have $43.61 in one bag and $153 in another! Really looking forward to a frugal/well planned 2019!
    Angela273, Ciel and coupon girl like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

well got invited to son's for supper chicken breasts and roasted potatoes and veggies

I will give cara her birthday present as my daughter-in-law isn't opening presents at the swimming pool on the 24th ,yes we are having pizza and salads ,then going swimming in the local pool as she reserved it ,50 people will be there 19 kids ,my son and his wife have a lot of friends/co-workers with 2 or 3 kids

picked up a troll puzzle for Ashlyn from Dollarama yesterday which I will give to her today
    Natalka, Angela273, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Tomorrow is payday so planned out the action plan. I set up most payment to happen already. Put the money on my credit card to cover our hockey weekend away next weekend.
    I also paid $300 on my 2019 property taxes! I am really trying to go into 2019 with credit on everything and continue to build them. My envelope that I started at the start of 2018 putting $10 in a week is going well. Will appreciate the $520 cash ready to start Jan 2019. I also have 2 bags of change for a Walmart stock up the fridge/freezer in Jan 2019 (since I can put change in the self checkout. I have $43.61 in one bag and $153 in another! Really looking forward to a frugal/well planned 2019!
    You have a change slot at your local Walmart self-checkout? I thought they were debit/cc only. Lucky you!
    Do you ever go to Metro or a CT with a coin machine and use the receipts to shop there?

The local Fortinos has debit/cc only self-checkouts. Even the Eastgate Fortinos store checkouts are cashless now (they allowed cash 5 years ago, a real lifesaver when I got $100 bill as payment for cleaning work but I did not have time to line up at a bank on Friday afternoon-bought pop and a few things to break the bill at self-checkout!)
    Last edited by Ciel; Wed, Nov 14th, 2018 at 04:26 PM.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Random fun found in a New Balance e-mail-the chance to select colour and trim elements (15 in total) on the customized models of shoes with Swarovski crystals. Realized I was designing on a men's pair and switched to women's. Largest size is 11! However I don't have $379 and change before taxes. I liked the blingy shoe design!

Latest in food prep machine news-Ninja Foodi has bigger inserts and does lots! https://www.thestar.com/life/food_wi...-and-easy.html

Wouldn't it be lovely if the Foodi came in the new colours Keurig has for its coffee machines?
    barbis9 likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    just got back from Walmart
    thank to lilo and millie for the cpns I got 11 viles of loreal treatment for free only paid the tax -for my very itchy/dry scalp
    18 boxes of barilla pasta p.m th freshco .99-75=24 I am now set for awhile
    wow spent 28.59 plus had a few other items fresh onions ,carrots ,honey nut on sale 3.89 with juice cpn on box ,I saved $45.50 in cpns -so happy
    I'm reading an excellent book called "beyond soap" that may be of interest to you. Apparently manufacturers change ingredients without telling consumers and change preservatives all of the time. Worth reading, borrowed from the library. It says even products that claim to be gentle with botanicals cause lots of issues. The author is a Canadian dermatologist Dr. Sandy Skotnicki and she lists products that are available in Canada.
    Last edited by barbis9; Wed, Nov 14th, 2018 at 05:21 PM.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

I made lunch chicken strips without breading I marinated them in lemon pepper and thyme, rice in my rice cooker I put in lots of butter, and steamed frozen veggies shredded cheese to put on top. I invited my neighbor and her friend over for it. I bought the chicken breasts at Walmart for $11 there was 8 in the pack. I have lots leftover it’s in the fridge.

Yesterday I had an issue with a meds delivery I was in a meeting with my support worker and missed my drop off. So when I phoned the pharmacy they gave me an ear full about leaving the building and not telling them. So I gave it back to them just as much and said I was in the building but meeting with a support person that I usually meet on Tuesday’s, can always ring 102 if I don’t answer which is the office. But at 8:40pm last night I had to walk out to the pharmacy to pick up my meds. I went to try to call my nurse today and she wasn’t in which really pissed me off. She was the one who put me on this program, and now I am subject to having no social life or a life in general. I always have to be home for the pharmacy to deliver which is real pain in the butt.

I was called for this group therapy session yesterday the orientation is next week and The coordinators decide who is involved with it and who is not.

I get paid next Wednesday it includes our Christmas bonus like 40$ maybe.

I received my federal government mail I was waiting on. And ICBC letter stating I need to renew my licence... but what licence I don’t have one, just a BCID.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    barbis9 and Ciel like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Thought of grabbing a sub for dinner but realized I have leftovers so I am going to eat them. The green bin program has really been eye opening in the amount of food I waste when I give in to cravings. I am trying to avoid Black Friday and cyber Monday deals.
    Natalka, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

just got in at 7.00 p.m from my son,s got to watch the girls being bathed -ahhh so cute

my daughter-in-law loved the clothing I got cara cute hoodie and mickey pants from the gap ,2 pairs of nice thick white socks ,nice xmas theme top from the gap I paid 3.50 for that one in the summer on a clearance rack -lol plus money towards her car seat

barbis9-my doctor gave me prescription shampoo for my scalp which he most likely says I have phorisis,but he also told me to use ~dove baby shampoo or dove baby head to toe which is great -so I wont be buying shampoo for a long time as I don't use the stock pile only hubby ,the dove baby is awesome too
    I will look into that book you mentioned

just finished ~educated~ novel -very good read -hard to believe some parts , but I loved it
    Last edited by coupon girl; Wed, Nov 14th, 2018 at 08:15 PM.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Remember to save you PC Optimum offers.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Just saved my PCO offers for next week. I hate waiting so late because I often forget but then I can see next weeks offers as well so I can choose what to save on each account. It’s a good week.we have all our favourite offers. With a few random ones for good measure.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

shop the block is up . i am checking and watching for offers. i think i got it this year. yes last year was eaiser, but i think i can do it this year.
    we have snow coming.. i need to pop over to the local grocery store for 5 min and grab a couple of items and i will be all good .
    cashed out of co51 late last night.
    and my amount from my cash back visa hit the bank acct. it is apretty little penny . plan had been to do a top up on the rrsp amount. i really should do that. really should . we started late with it and havve lots of extra room to do it. i should do it.. its the responisble thing to do .
    adulting sucks

ok. today. plan is library story time. if so ... i can pop into the grocery store ( with 5 kids....lmao ) and get the needed items.
    co51 has a video .. doing it now.
    will check caddle.
    laundry tonight
    i might just netflix and chill tonight. hugs to all
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    shop the block is up . i am checking and watching for offers. i think i got it this year. yes last year was eaiser, but i think i can do it this year.
    we have snow coming.. i need to pop over to the local grocery store for 5 min and grab a couple of items and i will be all good .
    cashed out of co51 late last night.
    and my amount from my cash back visa hit the bank acct. it is apretty little penny . plan had been to do a top up on the rrsp amount. i really should do that. really should . we started late with it and havve lots of extra room to do it. i should do it.. its the responisble thing to do .
    adulting sucks

ok. today. plan is library story time. if so ... i can pop into the grocery store ( with 5 kids....lmao ) and get the needed items.
    co51 has a video .. doing it now.
    will check caddle.
    laundry tonight
    i might just netflix and chill tonight. hugs to all
    Thank you for the reminder to check out Shop the block. I remember last year there was a coupon booklet at the Shell station. If anyone sees this can you let me know? I see some of the offers are a "scan" coupon. I don't really want to download anything on my phone. But would like to see if I can at least complete 3 offers.
    Giseledta and Ciel like this.

Page 11 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information