User Tag List

Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast
Like Tree1671Likes

Thread: November 2018 Frugal Chatter Thread (Remembering...)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Was notified of a small refund to my credit card for an overcharge while riding the tube in London last month. Even though it was a small amount it is nice to know I could sort it out after the fact, online and from another country. Kudos to the Transport for London website. We have had a decidedly unfrugal few weeks with DD-we moved her to a new apt in Vancouver as the original landlady turned out to be awful-and unfortunately my DD has had mulitple infections following the removal of her wisdom teeth 5 months ago-necessitating mulitple dental visits, anitibotics, $ etc. I will be taking her back to the surgeon here in Calgary when she is back for Xmas and looking for a permanent fix. On a positive note my friend paid me $300 to look after her 4 boys last weekend-this will be my spending money for a trip to Argentina next week to visit my sister.
    Last edited by lizzie bargain; Wed, Nov 21st, 2018 at 04:50 PM.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

So today I got paid and I did a big spend and bought myself my own Samsung galaxy tab E lite. For a good price at Walmart. Then bought myself a stylus for it and a bigger sd card. I am getting used to it but right now I put it down to type on here.

I been out 6 times today since 3:30am it’s now 5pm. I think I am slowly crashing. I did sleep 8hours though. I walked 11.2km I am going to feel this totally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

11.2 km .. that is alot. hugs. rest.

ok. youngest had her appointment in town, .. we needed gas.. we used a gc my mom had given us. .. did the shell offer for shop the block. and across the street was rexall. spent 25.00 used 20.00 worth of airmiles. for the 2nd offer.
    2 down ... 5 more to go .....
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

good morning all.
    caddle and co 51 have videos. co only has 1 .. but its there at the bottom
    it is -19 withthe windchill. i am not ready for this . to cold

i should take the kids to the library for story time.... might. not sure. depends on how cold i feel
    i might do my chapters shop as well. i am a tad.. grr on the shipping options. .. if i wanted to go to the store.. i would do it. i want it shipped to my home. yes, i am being a child.
    on that note.... i need a tea.
    or Swagbucks
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning! BRRRRR! Let DS sleep in a bit since I was going to drive him to school so he wasn't waiting for bus in the cold. (just incase it was running behind).

Tonight we tidy up the house and finish all laundry and pack for our weekend away. I will pop out for some groceries (clementines for sure!!)
    Giseledta and Ciel like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

yes brrrr

I just cleaned the fridge glass shelves -threw out the romaine last night 6.30 this morning took a break and chatted with daughter at 8.15 on her commute to work for 20 minutes

just cleaned out 2 bottom kitchen cupboards put the dishtabs and all chemicals up on my kitchen counter in the corner as almost 1 year old cara is coming tonight and she opens every cupboard -she is curious ,she is a child that doesn't sit still -hard to believe she is one on Saturday -we are having pizza with son /family then going to ashlyn's basketball learning camp at 6.00 p.m
    gee it feels good to clean cupboards -some items I don't use much in cleaners I am putting down the basement ,plus extras

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

My package I ordered yesterday says it’s in the depot in my home town on the Canada post website. Hopefully I am home when they deliver. But then again they have been delivering between 2:30-3:30pm with the the back log. It made everyone waiting for their check yesterday very angry.

Because I have a household account with someone else but I forgot they were there for the longest time with the PCO. But that’s okay I don’t mind as long they don’t use my points I won’t kill them. Well they spent money yesterday at superstore and it says 182.50$ and got 1,200 points. Now I am like 10points away from getting 20$ in points. But I saw sunrype juice for 24x for 3.77$ at no frills my neighbour said she give me money if I got her some juice as well. I think I will get a flat then share with her. They also have oceans tuna on sale for 99 cents it’s not the good kind I like which is albacore but I was definitely interested in it. That flyer starts Friday.

Petsmart has their Black Friday sale of 50% off of tidy cats litter and 47 cents a can of fancy feast. It says in the flyer I got also there was 2 for 15$ for a tray of cesar dog food x12 so 24 for $15 equals 63 cents each. Talk about a score there where they had signals on for 10 for $8 which is not worth it at all. I don’t know if this flyer is the same for everyone but check out your local newspaper to see if it’s in there.

Going to get dressed and see what trouble I can stir up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Was waiting for my furnace cleaning appt when they called to say that someone had no heat, so they rescheduled my appt, not an issue as no heat on a day like today is a definite emergency.

Looking online at Black Friday deals but nothing excites me. Got a parcel today from Roche Posay - I ordered a deodrant and was sent 19 (yes 19!) samples of their products including mascara, several facial washes 50-100ml, etc. Very happy as I always wanted to try their products and didn't know if I would get all these samples. Also Paula's choice came from the USA with a bonus reusable bag. While mail is slow, everything I have ordered so far has arrived.

Frugal day - too cold to venture outside unless necessary - which means no money spent if I stay off the internet 🙂
    Giseledta, Natalka, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

news is saying fed gov will madate Canada post back to work... today...
    or Swagbucks

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    news is saying fed gov will madate Canada post back to work... today...
    Finally! What a backlog around this time of year.
    Giseledta, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    good morning all.
    caddle and co 51 have videos. co only has 1 .. but its there at the bottom
    it is -19 withthe windchill. i am not ready for this . to cold

i should take the kids to the library for story time.... might. not sure. depends on how cold i feel
    i might do my chapters shop as well. i am a tad.. grr on the shipping options. .. if i wanted to go to the store.. i would do it. i want it shipped to my home. yes, i am being a child.
    on that note.... i need a tea.
    Thanks I'll check out the videos now as I always seem to miss them.
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Cooked up rice, chicken and green beans for DS and I to take for our dinner tomorrow night at hotel.
    Went to fill car with gas and went to Canadian Tire. Scop'd a toy for my niece so the $30 toy was $5. Score!! And treated myself to a cast iron pan. I have never owned one.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@greentires4me - woo, Samsung Galaxy tablet! I look forward to your future review on the features and cool things you can do with it!
    @barbis9 -Paula's Choice order! Happy enjoying!
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Yes what a cold morning but Ms. Sunshine was out and I put on my wool-blend knee-highs on and layered my knit mitts over the fleece gloves to make the mid-morning walk to Bennett's Apples. Only acorn squashes (about a dozen) were left at 29 cents/ pound, so picked 4 and got a 1/2 dozen cider donuts and looked around. Saw Stash teas and one had tulsi & lavender so bought it. Had it at lunch with the donuts and cooked rice--must say it's definitely a sort of basil with what I call a soapy lavender aroma and I had to add a packet of stevia after a few spoonfuls of plain tea. Since Mom had company tonight, I put the new tea out with my three Tetley teas on the table before I left.

$2.20 found in containers on my walk to and from the apple store-bought 2 reduced price sliced cracked wheat loaves (toast & tea season!). Found a $2 coin tonight on my way to Value Value (Mom gave me some grocery money) to buy the wool-blend scarf I've been wanting ($4.99). Someone did purchase the box of men's hankies during the 50% off sale! Looked around at patterns-hey, McCalls skorts pattern (circa 1995!) was found and all summer/fall I kept looking at the racks for one I could use as a pattern--happy that the Universe came through for me! Bought an Oasis juice at Walmart (we are out at home). Found a can on the walk to the library-10 more cents in my pocket!
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

ceil -I found 2 mcdonalds stickers last week in a store sitting on a shelf -so I tossed the cups (don't know why people cant put their own garbage away )kept the stickers plus found a beer can in ikea parking lot last week -lol

was up at 4.30 this morning so I online shopped at the bay-in fact this year some stores are not as got of a sale ex the body shop last year was 50% this year 40%,didnt shop my usual gap they did have good sales but nothing great for the grandkids or me

at the bay- I spent $97 but got a pair of much needed track pants for me 22 ,leggings designer ones 15.39 awesome price ,hot socks 4.40 for me ,underwear for hubby had to toss 2 pairs last week -plus bought ahead for the granddaughter's for next year half price leggings and tops 4.49 for top and 4.49 for pants for cara ,velvet leggings 6.00 for cara and got Ashlyn dex 13.00 very warm joggers floral for next year

had fun with the girls last night we had pizza with son/family then went to watch Ashlyn at basketball camp -she is so much better than a few months back dribbling and watching us to see if we are watching and cheering

so put all my chemicals away last night and cara still managed to get into one of my floor plants -grabbing the dirt ,next should would have ate it but we grabbed her up

Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 ... LastLast

Thread Information