User Tag List

Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast
Like Tree1671Likes

Thread: November 2018 Frugal Chatter Thread (Remembering...)

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

@Angela273 it's good you were given another option, but I know how tough it is when deciding to go on a new medication. I'm sure you will do your due diligence.

@lilo0003 I hope, too, that your son stops having migraines.

My son started getting them at six years old, as well, and his pediatrician said the same as yours. We had hope because a nephew of mine who had them as a child, did stop getting them as an older teen.

However, this wasn't to be for our son - he is 27 now. He gets classic migraines, and can often spot the signs when one may come, so takes steps he knows may ward it off. Oftentimes, this does work, but not always. I feel so badly for him to be stuck with this.

-----

Hope everyone has a splendid Sunday!
    Last edited by Natalka; Sun, Nov 25th, 2018 at 10:43 AM.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

morning all hope everyone that suffers with migranes ,can control them -I had one in my lifetime I was under a lot of stress with my dear mom (in and out of hospital,passing out at home when she was in an apt etc ) I got it at work and it was blinding I don't know how I drove home (someone should have drove me) but I stayed in bed all day and night

woke up at 3.30 this morning gee I wish I could fall back asleep like hubby ,so easy for him ,last day to relax before I babysit on Monday 6.00 a.m to 3.30 p.m

just got an email my 2 items ship to store indigo are in so may go pick them up its around the corner 10 minute drive

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I SCOPed 3 varieties of Old El Paso taco kits at WM this morning.
    $2.97 scanned price, $2.88 posted sale price = $0
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

LILO and Natalka. I do not remember a time before migraines. I remember crying from the pain in early elementary school. Doctors refused to even try migraine preventatives until I was 18yrs old. I still haven’t found a migraine treatment or preventative that works for me. It can be disheartening.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

my moms alarm went off again.. we found outit wasone of her cats. so at least she can sleep well. then we went to C tire. got the stuff. home now. i am tired. will go out and do the front deck soon.

found a few more coupons while i was getting veggies. and got another 2.25 on co51 should cash out again.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

ahhh angela -I feel for you ,it must be dishearting at times

I need to get a few groceries will have to wait til tues /wed

popped out to get my ship to store items at indigo ,then bought 2 storey books for the older grandkids

then went into bed/bath and beyond and got 6 pkg of really nice grey faceclothes 17.99 on for clearance for 7.29-20%off cpn=6.51 or 1.06 each

also went into micheals and got a transparent roll 8.50-55% off cpn=3.82 I just ran out after years of having about 8 rolls I got for .99 cents

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

The rental of Dh’s thing was extended, so he just got paid another $60 for it.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Next Saturday is dh’s work Christmas party. We are each supposed to bring a $15 gift for the Chinese gift exchange. I kept the cost down.
    Gift #1 - box of turtles (SCOP) + $5 Tim’s Card
    Gift #2 - 2 Terry’s Oranges ($4 after Sale & Points @ NF) + $5 Tim’s Card

I’m bringing a baked cheese loaf to the potluck supper. I SCOPed the crackers to go with it I also bought most of the ingredients on sale.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

I went to shoppers and no frills this morning for separate things.

I went and bought a cheesecake by someone asking me to buy it for them it’s a presidents choice one with cherries on top. I also picked up at no frills was AA batteries a 20pk for $8 and cheesecake bites for 6.99$ with the other cheesecake for $8.49. I used my saved points for it and paid the 5.84$ left over.

At shoppers I bought this cutest little Christmas tree that lights up for $9.99, 3 Christie cookies for $1.99 each, knock off turtles for $9.99, ziplock containers for 3.49$, 2x toffee small chocolate boxes for $2.99 each and a amazon gift card because someone else wanted me to buy something for them. I earned 495pts. Nothing to write home about but the tree is something I wanna see how it turns on other then the top try on button.

I had a 2 1/2 hour nap and woke up to my enter phone ringing it was someone I was expecting. But thought they were going to ring my cellphone oh well. It’s been on and off again day of waking up and falling asleep. I wish I had some pop or something to drink I have energy drinks I cannot drink because they give me heart palpitations. I guess I gotta go to the corner store and pick up something to drink. Someone wanted me to go to the liquor store before I fell asleep but I forgot and I got a rude awakening when I got a phone call saying I was a crappy friend then they hung up. Oh well I rather be a crappy friend then a broke friend. Since they wanted me to go on my dime but maybe falling asleep was a good alternative then going. I am going to see if my neighbor wants a pop too..laters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Giseledta, barbis9 and Ciel like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

we have rain all day. all day.
    lots of rain
    i found all my Christmas books, the dc kids will be happy.
    i am going to make a small soup with supper left overs from last night. and roast beef is supper. hubby is stopping and getting boots and a winter coat. supper will be easy. its going to be a long day.
    or Swagbucks
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning! We survived our weekend away with the hockey team. @Giseledta- I guess we were near you? We were in Exeter. My friend with the twins came to visit at our hotel which was nice (they are living in London now )

I noticed on the Foodland sign in Exeter that ground beef was on for $1.99LB. then I went to the Independent to look around and they had it for the same price. When we were heading home I went to Independent and bought 5 family trays and the total came to $50.01 so I redeemed $50 in points When we got home I cooked 5Lbs into taco meat. Made a tray into burger patties and packaged the rest for the freezer. We now have a full freezer with a great selection of meat!

We woke up to snow today. Temperature is +1. Maybe rain later/freezing so we will see what happens.

Have a great day everyone!
    Natalka, Ciel, coupon girl and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

I am just outside of London. I was born in Zurich.
    or Swagbucks

Trading Score
    39 (100%)

@ coupon girl, Good Luck on your first week of Babysitting!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    my moms alarm went off again.. we found outit wasone of her cats. so at least she can sleep well. then we went to C tire. got the stuff. home now. i am tired. will go out and do the front deck soon.

found a few more coupons while i was getting veggies. and got another 2.25 on co51 should cash out again.
    Glad you both now know! Hope there was no visit from fire dept or alarm company (those are pricey visits).
    barbis9 likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Knowing how today's weather would be, yesterday I set out for can walks in the afternoon! Stopped into Value Village to look at coats, turtlenecks and random stuff. Found a $10 bill (when I made a detour in one area thinking I saw a silver can next to a small chip bag-joke's on me, silver thing was folded down two inches of a large chip bag!) nearby after I finished browsing and carried on with walk. Bought some groceries with the bill (other ideas were get something at VV, buy a treat at Tim Hortons, bank the bill, or get the tape at Cdn Tire). Did another walk within 1/2hour of getting home and found lots of containers!

Yesterday, I had made a 3-egg omelet (split in half for each portion with some seasonings) for the guys' breakfasts and cooked the 11 strips of bacon from a classic cut package (save 4 strips for Mom). Boy, those strips really shrink after broiling. I roasted the 4 small acorn squashes using a Food Network Magazine direction to roast at 475F and I won't char those wedges again! I'm the one left to eat most of them (I added minced garlic and chili pepper flakes to the oil and pepper). However I want to do the recipe with the pomegranate-maple syrup another time.

Today I banked my coins and have November's fee covered. I am thinking it's time to make a trip to Toronto or Mississauga (Simons and Uniqlo are reason enough, plus LTS is in the Heartland Centre area) on Thursday or Friday to get some browsing done without snow on the ground and to take in the Toronto French Book Fair (I've never been able to attend it in prior years, so I'm excited). Also to check out pants and other clothing stores in the Toronto Eaton Centre (I had fun in January just looking and trying stuff on) and The Atrium (and to see the flagship Muji store now that the renovations are done-must see the embroidery station and hankies!). To keep costs down, I'll walk around and skip using the subway to Yorkdale Mall/Orfus Rd area (though I'm tempted--another time). Have to work out transportation costs and realistic clothing costs (three thrift stores are near Dixie/Dundas in Mississauga-that appeals to me too). Not sure if I'll buy a book but I want to see the fair. And pick up a One Toronto Yellow Pages directory too.

Grocery list is being jotted down for staples for Advent plus consumables that have almost run out. I poured out the overly sweet Irresistibles cranberry cocktails into the sink (that my sibling bought for Dad-35g per 1 cup of drink)! I am expecting to hear an earful but that's worse than the 25g of sugar in the Ocean Spray line of cranberry drinks. Even so, I'll visit the Tradition juice site (Farmboy carries it (well, the flyer shows apple-cranberry in the current week) and I saw Tradition's pure cranberry juice being taste-tested last week on L'Epicerie's episode-only 9% of testers picked that juice but that's all it contains).
    Last edited by Ciel; Mon, Nov 26th, 2018 at 03:55 PM.
    barbis9 and coupon girl like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Page 18 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8 16 17 18 19 20 ... LastLast

Thread Information