User Tag List

Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast
Like Tree1671Likes

Thread: November 2018 Frugal Chatter Thread (Remembering...)

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

well finished my first day of babysitting -cara was a tiny bit clingy,but could be her teething -gave her breakfast and hubby got Ashlyn off on the bus at 8.30 but then she cried she wanted nana so off I ran across the street with Ashlyn while hubby watched cara ,cara slept from 11.15 til 12 .45 so I did laundry for son washed and dried one load tried to lie down as I was up at 3.30 a.m but couldn't sleep -its so much fun reading to her ,playing with her ,seeing her say ohhh when she looks at balloons leftover from her party -I gave her my pear and half of a banana to Ashlyn and her much fun bonding with my granddaughter's

well this month we are making less money -I knew it would decline I was hoping after xmas -so I will watch what I spend from now on -no cyber Monday shopping for me
    Last edited by coupon girl; Mon, Nov 26th, 2018 at 04:36 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Today was a long and busy day. I’m tired, but it was productive and the kids had fun. Today was a no school day, so I had a couple school aged children that would typically be at school. We made a Christmas tree craft this morning. Then they played Playdough. Lunch was chicken nuggets, french fries, and red grapes. While the younger children napped, the older children played a variety of board games. Towards the end of nap time I put together two shepherd's pies. After the kids were mobile again, we baked a pan of my healthier monster cookie squares, filled by the shepherd’s pies. Dh has been working about 1hr longer each day, for the last while. It’s not a lot, but it adds up. It was nice to have a hot meal ready when he walked in the door.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Im happy i made homemade burger patties and put them in the fridge yesterday. When i got home from work i put them on a cookie sheet and cooked in oven so i could shovel driveway. Lots of leftovers for the boys tomorrow. Off to have a quick shower now and planned movie night snuggles on the couch

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

I went out to my appointment and after we went to Burger King and got the 2 for $7 deal on original chicken sandwiches and I wanted a pop so I paid 1.39$ for soda fountain drink of cherry Coca Cola. Then went to dollarama and bought a whole tonne of things. Then went to Walmart and picked up 3 pack of Lysol wipes, 3 pack of ziplock medium freezer bags, case of wild cherry Pepsi, 2 packages of crunchy caramel donuts, and a package of fruit twizzlers.

Canada post was legislated back to work for tomorrow but they had been striking in my town since Friday. I am waiting on several parcels and one that says it arrives tomorrow I am crossing my fingers and toes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by greentires4me; Tue, Nov 27th, 2018 at 12:54 AM.
    Giseledta, Natalka and barbis9 like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

it is cold out. we are being hit with cold and snow. not alot od snow.. but alot of cold .

laundry was transfered.. so i have a load to put away this afternoon.
    i have all the rest of the Holiday bins up.. jut need to put stuff out ect.
    i should call for donations pick up. have several items.
    found out what hubbies raise will be.. so i can do a budget for going forward.
    oldest might go look at a house.. there is one for sale here that is a reasonable price. her BF is not a fan. but man... he is 27 and still living at home. he needs to start growing up.. at the least maybe this will lead to them having some serious conversations about the future.

currently i am stuggling on what to get my middle child for Christmas. all the y really need or want is cash. and i am stuggling with what to do . they are pretty mininalistic. and i am actually pretty happy about that. . clothes are a no. and they dont eat out anywhere. sigh.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

@Giseledta Does your middle child have a sweet tooth? A tin of their favourite treats or home made treats might be appreciated.
    Giseledta, Natalka and barbis9 like this.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good morning! We are under snow again and it keeps coming! Thinking I will go home at lunch and do the driveway.

Tonight- Laundry is a must! Haven't done any since I returned home from being away.

Will tidy the livingroom and maybe move the tree up tonight. We can decorate tomorrow night. Then Thursday night I can start wrapping gifts. I am way behind schedule
    Giseledta likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

I live with a noisy neighbour who wears boots in their house and clunks around in them at all hours of the mornings. I have gone to management verbally and written a letter. This morning I was woken up at 2:30am after I went to sleep at 10:30pm. I am exhausted. I pass out every so often only to be woken up by the fricken person after 30mins. My next door neighbour called down to management and they said “if it’s not to our liking we can move” wtf what is that suppose to mean? If I cannot get any sleep or woken up and it’s detrimental to my health then I should move? Yeah like I should move because someone is or isn’t being respectful of people who sleep? I have had it I think I am going to get the RTB involved and maybe the media go to the media they would have to do damage control and they wouldn’t like us very much. They play with fire well I can throw it back at them just as easily.

Anyway I saw on Canada post website everywhere in Canada the posties are on strike.

I guess I won’t get my packages today.

Giseledta and barbis9 like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

They are i suspect trying to lose weight...
    either that or they are the only collage student who moves away from home and loses weight.... and i know what they spend on groceries... they have food... lots.. and healthy stuff...
    Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    @Giseledta Does your middle child have a sweet tooth? A tin of their favourite treats or home made treats might be appreciated.
    Angela273, barbis9 and SassyAshley like this.
    or Swagbucks
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Checked out the upcoming sale flyers. Wrote out a list but nothing exciting really for us.
    I see No Frills has peameal chunks on again for under $2. We have so many and I am sure they will be on sale again before Christmas since they always seem to be. Will take inventory then and grab a few if needed. I do see cup a soup on in the SDM flyer. Will pick up a few for the food bank. I saw it was on the needed list for our local food bank.
    Giseledta likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Home time! Happy I did the driveway on my lunch. It hasn't snowed since but I think they are calling for it overnight.

I will sort the laundry as soon as I walk in the door and get DS to bring the baskets down to the laundry room for me. I should wait till 7pm to start it but then I might not do it at all.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Oh boy...and I thought yesterday was long... Ot was ok until about 3:30pm and then a chain reaction of events took place...now, 3hrs later...I’m finally getting the chance to sit down for a bit.

Hopefully tomorrow goes more smoothly. I have a dental cleaning in the morning, so I’m hoping everything is good. I’m still planning on taking everyone to the public library after my appointment.
    barbis9 and coupon girl like this.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I hadn’t checked the mail in two days, so I was happy with what I found.
    1x bill
    2x Caddle cheques
    1x Zebra coupons
    1x FPCs from overcooked Kellogg’s cereals - exp Dec 2019, max $6.99
    1x $25 CT gc from redeeming credit card points
    barbis9 and coupon girl like this.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

My postie was back at work today and there was nothing in my box. I went to shoppers and picked up some poligrip for someone and got 660pts. They ended up paying me later today. Forgive me I don’t know what day it is I laid down for a nap and felt better when I woke up at 4:10pm I think I passed out around 2pm or so. I thought today was Wednesday when I woke up and was annoyed it wasn’t. I am not pleasantly feeling that great today. Actually quite sore it was sunny today until 5:10pm with a whole lot of hail. Right now I think it’s sprinkling outside. I am waiting on someone to get home from choir practice. I was going to visit them earlier but I passed out. Right now it’s rather bright in my house with all the lights on. I am going to have to turn them off. To bright for my liking.

I enjoy my tablet it’s the best Christmas present ever to myself.

I was thinking about all those amazon items stuck in limbo with Canada post I have. I met up with my postie today who said they were there she saw them and sorted them but couldn’t deliver them and needed to get out on the road. She loves her job and it tells. I read an article that Canada post this year has made a $144 billion dollars in profit whereas the counterparts to the south took a $4.2Billion dollar loss. Big difference.

Giseledta and barbis9 like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

it is going to be a long, long day.
    i think we might head to the Library.. they have a early years program there.. i am not a fan of the person running it .. but.. i need to get these kids out of the house.

i am thinking tacos. or wraps for supper. something easy

laundry was transfered. so i have aload to fold this afternoon. I am really enjoying this new system i am falling into . thats all from here.

i snet another fb message to pc optimum .. concerning the student discount. my child did a shop at the beginning of the month.. did not get the points.. as they paid with points... fine.. even thought we were not told that .. i can understand. however.. this time they did not pay with points... and did not get the discount. ... the discount btw is paid out with points to the pc card.. we had been told .. students.. got 10% off if they shopped on Tuesdays. so i sent a mesage asking for clarification of the program. 10% is a lot for a student.
    Last edited by Giseledta; Wed, Nov 28th, 2018 at 08:38 AM.
    or Swagbucks

Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 9 17 18 19 20 21 LastLast

Thread Information