User Tag List

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree1511Likes

Thread: December 2018 Frugal chatter thread

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    So one sunny trip on the calendar for 2019 unless you manage to get another trip during Christmas/New Year's break! You may wish to have that Off device to keep any pesky insects away. Someone I knew who went to a fall Jamaican wedding (there was rain during reception) was about the only guest with Off supplies and that clip-on device. She was very popular with other guests fleeing from the insects.
    Thank you for the tip! I will be sure to watch the summer clearance for an OFF clip!
    Giseledta, Angela273 and Ciel like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

went to shoppers stuck to my list (seniors day) spent 26.28-free (1)tomato I scopped =24.83

then over to library for a few movies I had on hold along with one book

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

Went to the big box store today for their Ashley’s chocolate sale. I bought 2x boxes of Turkish delights, 2x boxes of orange segments, 2x soup cups chicken teriyaki flavour, 2x pasta salad mixes, rockstar, and a cran grape from ocean spray small bottle For 20.40$. The chocolates are directly from the UK and cracked a Turkish delight open to taste it. It reminds me of my childhood real Turkish delight like what my nana used to have. She was from the UK and immigranted here when my dad was 5 and uncle 7.

Anyways I just received a London drugs flyer in my mailbox for today’s mail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Live, Love, Laugh

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Sobeys in the West has a gift card promotion this week. Buy $150 Sobeys gift card & receive 150AM. They haven’t had a gift card deal like this for a few years. I’ll have to read the fine print and stock up. I figure if we can temporarily invest the money in gift cards that I know we will use, then it’s additional grocery savings. It’d give me $78.95 in Air Miles on $750 in cards. I just spent $95 there on two of my monthly prescriptions.
    Last edited by Angela273; Thu, Dec 6th, 2018 at 09:35 PM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Angela - great deal !!!

ok. hubby is finally getting winter tires. this has been a spendy year. a good year. but spendy. i am looking forward to some non spend time this winter.

we have snow today.. so i think a bit of snow painting with the kids is in order. i have some craft stuff as well.
    youngerst has her appointment tonight.. if i dont go .. i will work on the family room.

on her way to work ... oldest will drop off donation items for me. it will be nice to get all of it out. there is alot.

the toronto star did a interesting article about childcare... i sent it on to some friends to get the real info ... as i am getting 2 different stories.. both will be interesting to see how they fall out...
    some of the stuff i am not fond of.. saying you dont have to be a ece, to work a after school program.. as in non of the staff need to be... very intersting stuff.
    Natalka, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    Angela - great deal !!!

ok. hubby is finally getting winter tires. this has been a spendy year. a good year. but spendy. i am looking forward to some non spend time this winter.

we have snow today.. so i think a bit of snow painting with the kids is in order. i have some craft stuff as well.
    youngerst has her appointment tonight.. if i dont go .. i will work on the family room.

on her way to work ... oldest will drop off donation items for me. it will be nice to get all of it out. there is alot.

the toronto star did a interesting article about childcare... i sent it on to some friends to get the real info ... as i am getting 2 different stories.. both will be interesting to see how they fall out...
    some of the stuff i am not fond of.. saying you dont have to be a ece, to work a after school program.. as in non of the staff need to be... very intersting stuff.
    Winter tires are a great investment. I honestly don't know how I commuted all those years without them (with my little ones!!) but it wasn't really a thing years ago. (also your summer tires last years longer so it all works out )
    I was so looking forward to a frugal 2019 and then a destination wedding appeared lol. I am really looking forward to it and happy the boys are coming so it is a blessing in disguise. I wanted to plan a vacation like this but wondered if my soon to be 20 year old would go so this is even better since our entire family will be there including Grandma. Sometimes we just have to go with the flow and know that there was a reason it happened
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Fri, Dec 7th, 2018 at 09:26 AM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

TGIF!!!! School is happening for my DS but to the West of us no bus service. Very light fluffy snow was on the ground. We received a good amount yesterday which I decided to skip the gym and shovel (save gas etc on snowblower)

Last night I felt like homemade mac and cheese so whipped up a quick one. Oldest DS's friend was over so I told him to help himself once it was out of the oven. I had a very small amount and when I went to go grab another bite it was all gone!!!! Guess they liked it haha. Will make it again next week just to have on hand but a bigger pan of it this time.
    Giseledta, Natalka, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    Sobeys in the West has a gift card promotion this week. Buy $150 Sobeys gift card & receive 150AM. They haven’t had a gift card deal like this for a few years. I’ll have to read the fine print and stock up. I figure if we can temporarily invest the money in gift cards that I know we will use, then it’s additional grocery savings. It’d give me $78.95 in Air Miles on $750 in cards. I just spent $95 there on two of my monthly prescriptions.
    We seem to have the same offer in Ontario. I like that the gift card is good at Foodland (which I have in my town) and Freshco (which is in a city I frequent) I have done the offer many times too and it's a great way to get more for your money. I find Foodland will usually have a few good priced items in their flyer (other then that I find them very expensive so don't do regular shopping there)
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

My latest $25 Amazon.ca gc from Swagbucks arrived. I just keep adding them to my Amazon account until I need to make another purchase. We plan on buying ds’ high backed booster seat from Amazon.
    barbis9 and Ciel like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    We seem to have the same offer in Ontario. I like that the gift card is good at Foodland (which I have in my town) and Freshco (which is in a city I frequent) I have done the offer many times too and it's a great way to get more for your money. I find Foodland will usually have a few good priced items in their flyer (other then that I find them very expensive so don't do regular shopping there)

breaton crackers are a decent price. i will buy a few.. and cream cheese.. for hmemade cheeseballs. honestly.. my kids can make a meal out of that if they tried. lol.
    i am doing the foodland gcs. .. it will be a nice bump on airmiles. i think i am doing 2 of them . ... and that will carry me a bit. as well.. i have a gc to buy for mil.. but she is getting a 50 .
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    or Swagbucks
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

ok.. can i doa temper tantrum......

Postal strike is over.
    fun.

but purchases made after strike for delivery seem to be in a circle of .. sorry... cant deliver he double toothpicks. land.

adding.. a purchase made and sent to Indigo for pick up.. yep... delayed.. they promised if it was sent to the store it would be in a certain amount of days.. delayed...
    barbis9, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.
    or Swagbucks

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

I got my package from amazon that I ordered on the 22nd of November from amazon it has some chocolate for christmas and my tablet case. The tablet case also came with a little stand and stylus talk about score.

back and front

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Giseledta, barbis9 and Ciel like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@Giseledta -yes, I saw the article in the paper. So many rules about daycares and ON government putting the churn on in many areas of laws. The former French Language Services Commissioner is now an officer within the Ombudsman office. I saw his Dec. 7 commentary via Twitter today about how the changes in offices will impact FLS' staff ability to perform duties under the act while no longer independent.

My library is open for a rare PA program day (it's been really quiet and there's a new puzzle out for patrons to work on!) and thus I have Internet without having to bus to another branch. Postal strike--I placed a pickup in-store order with Staples and I've received two emails tracking the one item from wherever it came from via UPS to the Toronto Staples distribution centre. Then another email that it's on its way to ...? My order indicated I could wait 9-14 days. Rather hoping for news today or tomorrow that the item is in town for pickup. When I got the UPS email that it was delivering the day after I ordered, my first thought was "but I did not pick delivery to home (min.$45 before taxes for free shipping but my total was under that so ship to store I chose)". After a few minutes, I relaxed and figured out the product is on the move in the GTA but not here.

Re: Sobeys AM promotion on the gift cards. Airmiles Shop the Block (ON) has a Sobeys offer valid Dec.6-12 for bonus AM wus $100 but you have to show the offer. Check to see if the West has a similar promo that might work when you chase that $150 gift card offer with bonus AM.

Some of the snow from last night is melted now--quite a chilly night yesterday, but ideal for the town's Village Christmas and tree lighting. I saw a few fireworks as I was walking away from the library. I'm leaving the snow alone as I know the temperatures will be milder on the weekend. Have to check the splashblocks for leaves and also for any snapped branches.

Weekend goals: to finish reading several books on health matters and start a vision board for future goals (university one fine day or year, mobile technology whether laptop, cellphone or tablet) and another one for my 50th birthday. I want it to be golden in some ways and I have to figure out how it will happen beyond really celebrating it in June for a change (warmer month, but I will do something in January). Some walls need dusting and cleaning, so they'll get some time with me as well--every time I go to do laundry and look up, I keep finding more spider silk strands or old webs.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@greentires4me -I recently purchased a jar of rose syrup from a new local deli/tea store that stocks Romanian groceries and the syrup tastes just like rose flavoured Turkish delight without all that icing sugar! Yes, it's a keeper. As a child, I loved the Big Turk chocolate bars. I can eat one occasionally but it is really sweet.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Yesterday's newspaper mentioned a name of a fabric/sewing store (Whitby Fabrics and Sewing Centre) that I did not recognize under the bankruptcy notices section. Found out today that Sewetc. in Burlington closed a week ago and their Whitby store closed in the summer. Had no idea! Most recent post online indicates that some staff will continue on with quilting services and two of them may open a store in the new year. I'll have to revisit the Facebook pages as there were some really interesting Pfaff embroidery items and videos posted.

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread Information