Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree64Likes

Thread: Baby It's Cold Outside -- banned from airplay

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Saw two letters to the editor in the Toronto Star about the song:

https://www.thestar.com/opinion/lett...f-consent.html
    walkonby and dededi like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

A Steel Panther XXX mas song but this will never ever played! Ha https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=KmjHevZOC90

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

CBC Music restores ‘Baby, It’s Cold Outside’ to holiday music streams

https://www.cbcmusic.ca/posts/20733/...s-cold-outside
    walkonby, lilo0003 and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Sask. Rush support ‘Baby, It’s Cold Outside’ with game night sing-a-long

During half-time, “Baby, It’s Cold Outside” lyrics were projected on the Jumbotron and fans were urged to sing along.

Bruce Urban, owner of the Sask. Rush was the one behind the idea to display the lyrics.
    “It’s just a bit of a flirtatious, fun Christmas song and for those people who are sensitive, I get it. I’m all for a movement that talks about proper and equal rights for men and women...but we need to keep in the limits and not get carried away as well,” Urban said.
    Urban said the intent was to poke fun at how overly-sensitive society has become.
    “We thought, we’re going to have some fun with this and show, ‘Gosh, does society need to be so serious over such small things?” Urban told CTV News.

https://saskatoon.ctvnews.ca/sask-ru...long-1.4212375
    Poirot, walkonby and Linda Evans like this.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

San Francisco radio station brings back controversial" Baby, It's Cold outside"

The controversial Christmas song "Baby It's Cold Outside" is back on the air at San Francisco's 96.5 KOIT after thousands of Bay Area listeners demanded its return.Across the country, some said they didn't like the lyrics, which they compared to date rape. One line states, "Say, what's in this drink?" The woman answers, "I ought to say no, no, no sir." The man sings, "At least I'm gonna say that I tried."
    In a statement on Monday, KOIT said that after the station put the song "on hold" on Dec. 3, radio producers were flooded with phone calls, emails and social media posts demanding the song's return. After conducting a poll on its website, KOIT concluded that the vast majority of its listeners consider the song to be "a valuable part of their holiday tradition," and put it back in rotation.
    "KOIT's listeners have spoken, and the overwhelming message is they do want to hear 'Baby, It's Cold Outside' on our station, as they have throughout the years," said Program Director Brian Figula in an email. "More than seven out of every 10 listeners who responded said although some lyrics of the song may reflect a different era and a different sensibility than today, still they love the tradition and history of the song, and want to hear it as part of their holiday season."
    The daughters of both the composer and Dean Martin, who sang the song regularly, both said they were shocked at the negative sentiments; the song is certainly not about drugging women to have sex with them, according to media reports.
    KOIT is owned by Bonneville International Corporation in Salt Lake City, and is a subsidiary of Deseret Management Corporation, a for-profit arm of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Oh this day in age. So many special snowflakes. I'm so sick of all this sensitivity everywhere for such stupid things.
    Midnightly and dededi like this.

Sith Lady and Cool Kid Darth Penguin's Avatar
    Trading Score
    20 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by mkos_29 View Post
    Oh this day in age. So many special snowflakes. I'm so sick of all this sensitivity everywhere for such stupid things.
    Exactly..the number of people who call for boycotts because a coffee shop dares not to have the Holy Snowman of Bethlehem on their cups.

Or the ones who act like are ritually sacrificed every time same-one says "Happy Holidays" .
    francine1985 and dededi like this.

Short answer : no Long answer : NOOOOOOOOOOO!

Welcome to the Penguinocracy..One Penguin, One vote..I am The Penguin..I have the One Vote

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Seth Meyers staff fixed the song " Baby It's Cold Outside " to be palatable for 2018!!

babies teach us acceptance

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information