User Tag List

Page 23 of 37 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast
Like Tree627Likes

Thread: Air Miles Shop the Block is Back!!! up to 2000 Air Miles (Nov 15 to Dec 27, 2018)

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

I’ve hit the panic button with STB2018. Main card has.

1) HBC (partial post). 2) Rexall (posted). 3) LCBO (posted)
    4) Shell (posted). 5) Jiffy Lube (posted). 6) Metro (completed yesterday)
    7) Samsung Pay (signed up Nov 19, nothing posted)

Asked son to redeem 85 AM at Jean Coutu in NB. Sent him screenshots of both AM accounts. Explained to make 2 transactions over $10. Show the one card, then the other. He was going with gf. Call me if any issues. Don’t hear anything. Text him, only worked once. I think you sent me the same card. I said did you look at photos? 2 different names when I look at the photos. He responds, I understand now. I panicked. Fully panic mode, right now both cards confirmed at 6 offers. Argh.
    walkonby likes this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Davelikes2save View Post
    I wrote the PLU # on my grocery list. Scanned Metro AM app, redeem AM CM and asked her to input PLU #. She had no problem typing in #. Completed 8 offers on main card, including Samsung Pay which I’m not confident it’ll post. I wish Sobeys would have done a STB CM offer. Thank you Metro.
    Happy last minute STB everyone.
    I'm so annoyed at Air Miles. Why do they have to make it so complicated? Why not set it up so you can redeem everywhere without making people jump through hoops? I don't have a problem with them having specific dates but having some require nothing, others a PLU, others a bar code scan just complicates matters. I went to Metro tonight and showed the cashier the PLU and she immediately knew she had to input it. Boom, air miles are showing on my receipt. With the one from yesterday if it turns out I didn't get the 50 bonus I'll have to wait 120 days to make an inquiry.
    walkonby likes this.

My Tangerine Key is:39626323S1

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Molly View Post
    I'm so annoyed at Air Miles. Why do they have to make it so complicated? Why not set it up so you can redeem everywhere without making people jump through hoops? I don't have a problem with them having specific dates but having some require nothing, others a PLU, others a bar code scan just complicates matters. I went to Metro tonight and showed the cashier the PLU and she immediately knew she had to input it. Boom, air miles are showing on my receipt. With the one from yesterday if it turns out I didn't get the 50 bonus I'll have to wait 120 days to make an inquiry.
    For better or worse, Air Miles is kind of at the mercy of the individual participating companies in terms of how each is willing to integrate the earning and redemption into their respective computer systems. I't not like PCO where all the participants until Esso were from the Loblaw group where head office could simply tell them all they had to do X and Y, and couldn't do A or B.

So for instance, if Metro thinks it's easier for their system to use offers that require cashiers to enter a PLU, what's AM supposed to do? Maybe AM can push some smaller companies to do their offers in certain ways, but AM needs the major companies like Metro and Shell just as much if not more than they need AM. And since Metro already has a separate loyalty program in Quebec, it probably wouldn't take much for them to leave. It seems possible they are already planning to, in which case they could basically ignore anything AM asks them to do that isn't a contractual obligation.

Trading Score
    368 (100%)

Still waiting for Thrifty Foods offer to show up....anyone else still waiting ?
    The only thing that shows up is 3 AM for the shop, no bonus AM.
    Kind of wondering about it as she didn't scan the coupon, she entered a code.
    Why is shopping so complicated !?!?!?
    Last edited by redhdlois; Fri, Dec 21st, 2018 at 11:41 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

I know I asked this before but did any one got the Bonus Airmiles from Global Pet Food credited and the BMO if the completed 35 transaction I am getting very anxious. Since I don’t have a back up plan in place for an 8 shop. Will do Metro for my 7 shop TIA
    Last edited by flemeth; Sat, Dec 22nd, 2018 at 07:10 AM.
    walkonby likes this.

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

No @flemeth , I still see nothing in my AM account for BOM 25x OR the Amex 25x....hmmm, I did 8 offers but unless those 2 show up I will be quite annoyed.

babies teach us acceptance

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Thanks @walkonby I am just keeping my fingers crossed that everything come into place
    walkonby likes this.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by flemeth View Post
    I know I asked this before but did any one got the Bonus Airmiles from Global Pet Food credited and the BMO if the completed 35 transaction I am getting very anxious. Since I don’t have a back up plan in place for an 8 shop. Will do Metro for my 7 shop TIA
    A few possible backups aside from the more obvious ones that could work if any have things you'll buy at some point anyway
    Spend 30+ at Action Car and Truck Accessories (wiper blades?) 4x AM
    Spend 100+ at Staples 25 BAM
    Spend 100+ through AirMilesShops at all but a few of their stores 50 BAM (should stack with Staples)
    Anna Michele likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Thanks @Arjon I don't need anything thing from Staples and can't think of anything to buy at Airmiles shops. Will just have to wait and see I did a chat last night with Airmiles and the rep said I should just keep all my receipts and if I don't get the bonus I can then let the know about my purchases. So will just do that
    Silk, walkonby and Anna Michele like this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    No @flemeth , I still see nothing in my AM account for BOM 25x OR the Amex 25x....hmmm, I did 8 offers but unless those 2 show up I will be quite annoyed.
    I wouldn't worry about those two. I think they run through the end of the month, don't they?

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
    walkonby likes this.

plc
    Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    15 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    No @flemeth, I still see nothing in my AM account for BOM 25x OR the Amex 25x....hmmm, I did 8 offers but unless those 2 show up I will be quite annoyed.
    There isn’t anything that will post related to the credit cards offer. The terms are make 25 purchases in the time frame specified using your card. There is no bonus airmiles associated to the offer. As long as you opted in and made 25 purchases it will count as an offer.
    walkonby and Anna Michele like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@Miss Molly did your Global Pet Food shop add the bonus 10 Airmiles already TIA or just the base Airmiles since you said you got it already

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I didn't get it immediately but maybe after 3-5 days? it was one of the quicker ones to credit. Did they input the code into your receipt when you did the shop??

Quote Originally Posted by flemeth View Post
    @Miss Molly did your Global Pet Food shop add the bonus 10 Airmiles already TIA or just the base Airmiles since you said you got it already

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Yes the did the coupon was scanned. I got the base Airmiles of 2 but not the 10 bonus @bobobee
    I did my shop since we Dec 1
    Last edited by flemeth; Sat, Dec 22nd, 2018 at 12:56 PM.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by bobobee View Post
    I didn't get it immediately but maybe after 3-5 days? it was one of the quicker ones to credit. Did they input the code into your receipt when you did the shop??
    Mine may have been a couple of days after but much quicker than others. They used the coupon.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Page 23 of 37 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 33 ... LastLast

Thread Information