User Tag List

Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast
Like Tree2081Likes

Thread: January 2019 Frugal Chatter thread (New Year, new calendars)

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening Everyone,
    Well not a lot got done today, I think I over did it yesterday as my back was quite sore by the time I went to bed. It felt better this morning but I found it did not take long today for those little pains to start to let me know it was time to rest.

I made a new meal for dinner tonight, we had some spinach to use up so I made Creamy Tomato Spinach for dinner. It was good but a little acidic for me, I think next time I will add a pinch of sugar to the tomatoes and Mom suggest maybe a few Chili Flakes to balance it out. As always a bonus I found another vegetarian meal I can put in our rotation. Don't get me wrong I like meat but I do enjoy vegetarian as a break but usually Mom says the meals are not filling so when I can find one she approves of, I am happy.

Today I roasted off a pan of Cauliflower I cut up yesterday but did not get roasted, I am thinking this will become a soup later in the week. As well I made Rice to go with Eggroll Stir Fry I made yesterday which means there are now 4 lunches in the fridge packed and ready to go for the week.

Other than that it was just a little bit of tidying up and here and there, nothing large tackled but I am good with it. Each night I feel like my sleep is getting a bit better, with less waking up and less time awake when I wake up so I am hoping if I keep moving in this direction maybe this week I will have more ambition to tackle some small projects after work.

Hope everyone has a wonderful night, I am going to enjoy a nice cup of spiced apple tea and watch some TV until bed time.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

@lilo0003 they did have Canadian eggs when I was there on the start of sale day. I always feel though if one wants real Canadian eggs find a local egg farmer their brown and not dyed white. They usually sell $2-$3 a dozen depending on the hen Banty eggs are the most delicious but more expensive. Usually they can give you a deal if you bring your own cartons and more you get usually cheaper they are a dozen. Can u tell I grew up in ALR when I was a kid?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Live, Love, Laugh

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good Morning! Cold one here today.

I had a fun weekend and nothing got done at home. Tonight I need to start laundry and will grab groceries on my lunch break since it is cold out it can sit in the car for the afternoon.

I filled up with gas since it was 89.3 out of town and stopped at that Walmart and bought a 5 pack of underwear for $5! I thought it may have been an error but it rang up correctly. Can't get underwear for $1 pair anymore. So expensive now!

Can't wait for next weekend...they just go by way to fast.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

We always have eggs in our fridge. A staple in our house!
    Giseledta, Ciel, list465 and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

morning all.
    i had eggs for breakfast....all this egg talk. lol.

ok. down 2.2 lbs . little steps.
    menu plan for the week made. we are having beef dip sandwiches. and veggie sticks for supper tonight.
    i was going to make a low carb cheeseburger soup today.. but i am not feeling it.

i might go up to the dollar store and get a few things for a gift for another provider... she is having a hard time. i was thinking of https://mamapapabubba.com/2017/01/18...lay-dough-kit/

i am going to take it a bit easy tonight. i do have some mending to get done. so i might do that. hugs to all
    Natalka, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Not a lot will get done tonight as we are going out for Mom's birthday. We will try the new Mexican Restaurant a few towns over. From the reviews I have read everyone says it is better then the one in Main Street, which is okay, so I am excited.

After dinner we will also do out grocery shopping since we are out anyways. I really do not think we need much other than some fresh fruit and veg to get us through the week. I must say I noticed with Mom being out of town this weekend I ate a lot more vegetables. I find in general I do tend to consume more vegetables than Mom but I can see why. Like last night I was going to make a Salad but dinner came together quicker than I anticipated, when I said something about throwing together a Salad Mom answer was nah let's skip it. I did not mind as I had already had a salad with my lunch but I do see how I consume more vegetables.

Last night I was trying to come up with a bit of a meal plan, so far the plan is:
    Sunday: Creamy Tomato Spinach Pasta
    Monday: Dinner out for Mom's Birthday
    Tuesday: Chicken Shepard's Pie (I have leftover Chicken in Mushroom Gravy I will use as the base and top with Mashed Potatoes)
    Wednesday: Roasted Cauliflower Soup (Cauliflower is Roasted in the fridge just need to bring the coup together)
    Thursday: ???
    Friday: ????

Not sure about the end of the week yet, but I have a few days, might see if I can find a new recipe to make one of those nights.

Hope everyone has a great day
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I had change in my pocket when I was paying for gas (used change/bills in wallet) so I bought 2 x $2 scratch tickets. I won $10 on one and $4 on the other lol. Will cash them in and keep the money

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Chicken Shepard's Pie (I have leftover Chicken in Mushroom Gravy I will use as the base and top with Mashed Potatoes)
    It's not particularly important, but since many people seem to be unaware of it, just as a point of information, shepherd's pie is traditionally made with lamb, thus the name. The beef version Canadians are more familiar with is actually called cottage pie. No idea what it should be called when made with chicken.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

I made unscheduled trip to the hospital last night for my back I am in sheer utter agony atm. The doctor wouldn’t even investigate he said last year’s X-rays I am fine there is nothing to worry about. Oh and take my gabapentin that will help with my sheer and utter back pain. I was like “you got to be kidding right you won’t even investigate and your giving me a shot that’s it. Your an A-hole! Every doctor is the same here all you care about is my file I have here and not treating the patient with dignity and respect. Maybe I should make a formal complaint.” Then he was like “they gave you the shot your free to go home.” It was 12am in the mornin/night and there was no way home I didn’t have my bus pass with me so in sheer utter agony I walked home. I got home just before 1am. The night time staff asked me what happened i told them and he was like they didn’t call you a cab I said no. And he was surprised I walked all the way home it was roughly 14 country blocks. Which are long and if they were city blocks it would be about 30blocks. usually it takes me 30mins to walk home from the hospital but it took me an hour or so.

I keep passing out it’s not really sleeping it’s just the pain is so much.

I just went to the bathroom I grabbed a cane out of the closet to use. I moved like a snail on a good day. I unlocked my apartment door and staggered back to bed. Where I don’t know what’s worse standing, sitting or laying. I just want to sleep. the nausea comes and goes.

I don’t know what’s worse being in agony and paying for it. Or breaking my nose on the bathroom door at work in 2011... 9 years after I had a corrective rhinoplasty when I was 17.

No shopping today I have no money.

I don’t think I could do my blood work today to walk and sit there waiting that’s all the way down 224th and I live just off 222nd.

I was disrespected by a another patient apparently where I live is a determent to all working class people of this town I live in. They said I should be ashamed of myself and I told them I am ashamed of living in the same town with someone like yourself whose narrow minded and thinks everyone like myself who live in that building are a determent to society. There is reason why they say this is the hate capital of Canada for reason. Have yourself a nice day!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by greentires4me; Mon, Jan 14th, 2019 at 02:07 PM.
    Giseledta and Ciel like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@greentires4me -hugs to you for your awful hospital experience! May you find a comfortable position to grab some rest in after that long walk and doctor talk. You do you and let others know what you can and cannot do whilst your back is owning the day(s).
    As for the remaining chicken breasts-maybe a quick roast in the oven so you can use the cooked meat for future sandwich filling (chicken salad or as is with veggie toppings).
    Giseledta and barbis9 like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Re: Netflix discussion - I see it more like TV to see on occasion, like weekend tv viewing used to be when there were prime time shows I wanted to see in my teens or early twenties. Thus, finding something I enjoy on Netflix (series) is more like a special event. I don't watch most days of the month but when a series gets my attention, I try to watch as many episodes as I can when I am alone in the am with the tv. Otherwise, the living room gets busy and I don't get the quiet I want for my shows. Also, Netflix is like a newer PBS/Fox TV channel for me-never know what I'll find that I choose to watch. When I accidently picked the Kids account setting earlier this month, I could not find the Marie Kondo show at all. Was not keen on most of the options for Kids viewing.
    Giseledta, barbis9 and coupon girl like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Yesterday-no worries that sky was gray because snow flurries were busy for most of the day. Morning-I had the kitchen to myself for over an hour. Got long grain rice cooked in some beef broth (from a tetra pack), roasted the peeled parsnips with oil and mild curry plus had a half-sheet of red potatoes roasted in oil and green herbs and salt. Made a pear compote from the pears still with some good stuff left (about half the pears had to hit the green bin, they were too far gone) with some vanilla extract. Smells were amazing and conducive to making a cup of hot tea for me near the end!

Did a short walk to cash in containers ($1 back to me). Bought a small Vim cleanser (on sale for $1 at Fortinos) for the basement bathroom. Realized a couple of small household items need restock-time to update the grocery list.

This morning-watched a little morning news and weather, ate breakfast, reviewed flyers and ran one load of Dad's laundry so it could dry while the heat is on. Technically, today is a religious holiday (Happy New Year, Julian calendar celebrants) but there was too much in pails that needed to be moved along to wait one more day. Went to Shoppers, saw a clearance shampoo and moved along. Bought pop (weakness) and 2 x $1 lottery tickets (nothing).

Since Canada Post has new postage rates in effect as of today, I copied and pasted the rates into a Word page (landscape orientation) so I have a new guide. Have not seen a rate brochure in over two years at my local post office so it's best to have a physical printout for future mailings. Need rates to print your own guide? Here they are: https://www.canadapost.ca/cpc/en/per...age-rates.page

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Value Village has a poster that it will have 50% off sale on clothing, shoes, accessories and bed and bath on Monday January 21. That means Club Savers can expect a Sunday preview sale on the same categories on Sunday January 20.
    Giseledta and barbis9 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Went to No Frills. Shopped simple with an eye for deals and food to be used up this week and to add with what we already have. Spent $14.61 (change from stock up envelope)

$1.94 Classico sauce
    1.88 Alcan foil (we were out. Not stocking up like crazy anymore. Buying as on sale and I seem to use it more sparingly)
    .99 Basil leaves (for pasta dish I make)
    1.00 Rosemary leaves (for chicken)
    $2.00 Gherkins (just because they are a nice treat with cheese and crackers )
    $1.47 Stacey baked pitas (on sale and 50% off good till June)
    $1.20 Bananas
    .94 Ace Ciabattia 2 pk (sale $1.88 less 50% sticker because one was cut in half- Good till the 19th)(make garlic bread to add to pasta dinner one night and for the boys sausage dinner another)
    .88 English muffins (for breakfast sandwiches for my DS)
    1.88 Bread

Happy with my little haul and can now plan the meals for the week
    Giseledta, Natalka, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

i love rosemay on chicken. ... also roast potatoes.. hmm.
    Natalka, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Page 14 of 27 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Thread Information