User Tag List

Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast
Like Tree2081Likes

Thread: January 2019 Frugal Chatter thread (New Year, new calendars)

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

morning all.
    breakfast done. 1 water bottle done. vitamins done.

think i am going to the park.. doing a donation drop off of towels

for those who sb... today is code day. i will try and post over in the right thread.

youngest has theraphy tonight.
    its taco night.
    and my goal is at least 2 bags for donation pick up on monday.
    barbis9, Ciel, list465 and 1 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Happy Hump Day!

Slept in this morning and still had time to start crock pot, put away dry dishes on counter and put all the recycling out to the garage.
    Tonight I will continue on laundry. And clean bathrooms. My oldest needs a lesson on how to clean up after himself after shaving!
    DS has a local hockey game tonight as well which I love to watch!

I have about 3 empty Rubbermaid bins. I think my plan will be to empty shelves in my huge closet completely into the bins then clean the bins out and decide what stays and what goes. Will start that project tomorrow night. I know there are lots of new items tucked in there to post for sale so at least that will get me going on that again.

I love the way Enbridge is doing their bills now (showing actual cost over the past 13 months) Happy to see this January was $40 cheaper then last January.
    Giseledta and coupon girl like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

All our talk about eggs the other day...I noticed my oldest has been making eggs often lately! I bought an 18pk yesterday to make sure we keep stocked up. Cheap and filling! (better then cardboard pizza that he eats up as soon as I put in the freezer)
    Giseledta, Natalka and Ciel like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Last night, I did a second trip out to the library to print off an obituary. Word reached home of someone's passing and just last week I had been thinking of that particular family. Wind picked up again on the evening trek home and even more again when it was after 11pm. Thought we were in for heaps of snow and this morning was just a light covering of powder snow mixed with some fluffy curls of snow. Ms. Sunshine has appeared late this morning-hurrah-running with that good bit of news for Wednesday!

Breakfast today -last bit of cola, four cracked wheat toasts with diced bell peppers, shredded nacho cheese and Italian seasoning from the pizza topping set (too salty). Plus a few kiwi slices which helped to reduce the salt aftertaste. I'm now in love with kiwi fruit and it looks gorgeous as though it could be a jelly fruit candy...
    Two quick loads of laundry in the am plus a third drying cycle for a load from last night that failed to dry the clothing.

Mom agreed to my request to order bed pads online so I've done an order on Well.ca (could not find any Air Miles fields so I guess I won't earn miles) and will have a store pickup. I am hoping the pads will help cut down on the disposables that need binning because the garbage bag is too heavy to lift most times so I drag it to the curb. There's a free mask sample coming along with the order, so I will make sure Mom gives it a try (I still have some of L'Oreal scrub in a jar that I will stay with for winter skin maintenance). Free shipping applies to orders over $35 and that worked for me.

Wonder if Whirlpool's all in one washer/dryer does a better drying job than a separate dryer? Only $2600 before taxes...thanks to Next Home and Condo for the alert that such a unit exists!
    https://www.whirlpool.ca/en_ca/laund...wfc8090gx.html

Tentative plan is to visit Value Village for two more flannel pj bottoms on Sunday. Dad's pj set is ready for the bin (holes and wear) and I have not found flannel tops but he has long sleeve knit tops that are better fitting for him. Talize might be too far for me on Sunday (given the snow forecast) but I'm pondering a Friday visit for the sale.
    Giseledta, barbis9 and list465 like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I was off to a great start left the house at 9 .00 am with 2 bags to donate (one was box of daughter's books,novels).Value Village only gives you a 20% off up to 100.00 paper now -I will miss the 30% off but used my last card up today
    I got 1 sweater and 2 winter thin tops for me cant beat the 2.99-30%=2.09 joe fresh top I got for me ,oh and I found 1.99 -30% 1.39socks that looked long and they fit me.

the best deal was buying 2 puzzles and using the spend 5.00 save 2.00 receipt so I paid 4.50 for 2 puzzles
    Then I got a bathroom rug white with a slate blue trim 5.99-2.00 receipt cpn =3.99 and it looks like it was new never washed either .I spent $29.48(I saved $11.80 in discounts) not bad plus I got hangers for the granddaughter's 1.99,and Crayola new paints and an angry bird colouring book for 2.99-30%=2.09(these will be for easter as they are new)

Oh and I also found a Barbie fridge for Ashlyn 1.99-30%=$1.39 it is so cute

Cashed in my $57.00 cheque for checkout51,so that was nice
    Then on to a local store zarksy and spent $46,they had barlett pears on for .99 a pound and a few other great deals along with their fresh bread /buns and meat

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Afternoon Everyone,
    Made it to the store out of town yesterday. I was only able to get 3 Shampoo & 4 Conditioner as that was all they had on the shelf. They were on sale for $3.99 - $2.00 Coupon plus 600 pts/$3 = 5400 PC Points.

I also grabbed 24 cans of Cream of Mushroom Soup which were on sale for $0.50/each.

Tonight we need to go to No Frills to do our shopping for the week. Mom was supposed to go with me but now she thinks she might have to work late so we will see what happens.

Have a wonderful day everyone
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good day everyone. Hope you all are having a great day
    Well most if the swelling on my face is down. Had my consultation yesterday with the Oral Surgeon and made the decision to extract the tooth tomorrow. Now I have to make a decision if I will have general anesthesia. not one for pain so don't know as yet have until the close today.
    This journey will not be frugal at all because my DH insurance only covers so much.
    I am missing out on all the great deals everyone is posting in the brag thread since I an not going shopping because if the pain. I don't like a good deal natch with coupons go to waste if others can used the product.
    Might also have to pass on the Metro AM deal.
    Now I am going to stop whining.
    Have a great day all

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@flemeth -that is a big deal to get an extraction. Deep breaths and face that healthcare procedure. Hope there is sunshine right now where you are so you can get a big dose of sun!
    Giseledta and barbis9 like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

@flemeth It goes without saying - but I'll say it anyway - that your health is incomparably more important than any deals you happen to miss out on while you're sidelined. And for me at least, one of the key benefits of being savings-oriented is that when unavoidable expenses come along, the money to pay them is there.
    Giseledta, barbis9 and Ciel like this.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

I am totally out of it today and feel like poop. This 3-4 hour
    Of sleep a night deal is not making my life any easier. I went to an appointment today I am obviously struggling with my life and it shows badly. I cannot concentrate and I am humming a lot. I am also isolating myself in my apartment. As well I am in tremendous amounts of pain from my back and hip.

I obtained some money yesterday and today. Treated myself to a yam tempura roll from the local sushi restaurant near my house. I also bought a blackberry spritzer from the health foods store 3 doors down from the restaurant. I picked up another lighter because mine keeps going missing. A couple of flavoured rolling papers that someone asked for.

It’s sunny outside but below freezing. Not entirely what I enjoy for my body to feel better.

I am being pulled in many directions something about therapy starting next week, stopping humming when I am with others, sleeping more then 3-4 hours a night, blood work, leaving my house for a walk every day, someone continuously asking me to get them something when I said no, politics of the building where I live, my support worker never being at work, my nurse being at work once in 3 weeks, a friend in the icu on life support, being in copious amounts of pain uncontrolled by ibuprofen and baclofen now, stepping in dog poop on the sidewalk and having to go to appointments I don’t want to go to.

I have about $5 to my name I will save it to see what’s on sale I think this weekend.

Now back to cleaning the dog poop on my skater shoe..that’s sitting in my bathtub.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

morning all. yesterday felt like a friday... today is going to suck. lol.
    i have 1 family who is late today. i will feed them supper. prob get to the park let the kids run. .

i should work on putting down the christmas tree......lol... maybe... hugs to all
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 3 others like this.
    or Swagbucks
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    morning all. yesterday felt like a friday... today is going to suck. lol.
    i have 1 family who is late today. i will feed them supper. prob get to the park let the kids run. .

i should work on putting down the christmas tree......lol... maybe... hugs to all
    oh you make me feel better lol....Christmas tree still up at our place too . I was going to take it down last night but decided to wait till tonight. It won't take me long I just need to do it!
    Ciel, lilo0003 and SassyAshley like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Thursday finally... Tonight. Tons of laundry to put away. Feed people. Tidy kitchen. Take down Christmas tree. Start cleaning my closet.
    Ciel, lilo0003, list465 and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

hubby mentioned it to me last night... i was like.. when would you like me to find the time.... lmao.
    it will only take me 2 hours tops to get everything down and put away.... but it is not going to happen all at once. ....lol...
    barbis9, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.
    or Swagbucks

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    hubby mentioned it to me last night... i was like.. when would you like me to find the time.... lmao.
    it will only take me 2 hours tops to get everything down and put away.... but it is not going to happen all at once. ....lol...
    I have asked a few times for someone to go get the Christmas bins in basement for me and they haven't so I guess it isn't bothering anyone else. Maybe I should just leave it and see how long it takes them to say something lol

Page 16 of 27 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast

Thread Information