• 2 Post By calculator
  • 3 Post By maple7
  • 1 Post By calculator

Thread: Rexall Pharmaplus (ON, gta) Jan 25 - 31

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Expired on: Fri, Feb 1st, 2019
    Heh, I flubbed last week, thinking the air miles deal was good...THIS week, the $10 coupon may be worthy and get me outta the Hall of Shame...Hall of Lame? Make a game? Dress for fame? Dress for shame? ooops, back to the beginning...
    Attached Images Attached Images                                        
    This thread is currently associated with: Pharmaplus, Rexall PharmaPlus
    couponlady, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    Want to buy me a coffee? You can! But, you don't have to! In fact, I encourage you not to. ('Cuz postage is ridiculous). But, if you insist on it...well, you can drop a buck, or two, here: paypal.me/cyn88canada I emphasize, you do NOT have to -- a coffee icon tossed my way is gold. + =
    Illegitimi non carborundum!!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Jackpot flyer! 99 cents Vim cleanser and bleach-must stock up next week and enjoy the customer appreciation tasting event too. Monday--I'm there!

Thanks @cyn88canada ! Big batch of iced coffee via video for you!
    JadeAngel, barbis9 and cyn88canada like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

Ty

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    barbis9 and Ciel like this.
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Does anyone know if they give 20% off cosmetics on Tuesdays (55 and older)?
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@barbis9 There's nothing specifically said about cosmetics except if it might fall under the "some exclusions apply" catchall phrase. https://www.rexall.ca/special-promotions/seniors-day
    Sunday there's a bonus 100 AM wus $50 or more on beauty/cosmetics!
    barbis9 likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    Does anyone know if they give 20% off cosmetics on Tuesdays (55 and older)?
    I'm pretty sure they still do, I haven't done it in at least a year though so don't know for sure. I stopped shopping there on Tuesdays because they wouldn't take the $5 survey coupon with the senior's discount (system blocks it). Occasionally I would get a less experienced cashier that would enter it as a manufacturing coupon thinking it was a system problem. My experience is a year old though. FWIW, the Carp 20% off discount (they give out free memberships some days) on Rexall products does work with the $5 survey coupon.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

So I just found this out: if Rexall is offering their own promotion (e.g. $10 gift voucher, $5 survey coupon), and you are also using manufacturer's coupons, it doesn't work like it does at Shoppers. That is, if the promo requires that you spend, for example, $50, and you have $51 worth of product but $20 in manufacturer's coupons, they won't accept the survey coupon, or provide you with the gift voucher, or anything else that is what I think of as 'their own' promotion. If there's an Air Miles promo for which you hit the minimum spend before coupons, you'll get the miles, but you won't qualify for Rexall's own promo. Crazy! And totally not in keeping with the 'if you accept coupons then they get treated as cash' idea.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by calculator View Post
    So I just found this out: if Rexall is offering their own promotion (e.g. $10 gift voucher, $5 survey coupon), and you are also using manufacturer's coupons, it doesn't work like it does at Shoppers. That is, if the promo requires that you spend, for example, $50, and you have $51 worth of product but $20 in manufacturer's coupons, they won't accept the survey coupon, or provide you with the gift voucher, or anything else that is what I think of as 'their own' promotion. If there's an Air Miles promo for which you hit the minimum spend before coupons, you'll get the miles, but you won't qualify for Rexall's own promo. Crazy! And totally not in keeping with the 'if you accept coupons then they get treated as cash' idea.
    The survey coupon in your example should have worked ($51 (before tax)-$20=$31 which is more than the required $25 to use it). But yes, they base their giftcard promos on subtotal and manufacturer coupons are taken off before the subtotal.

Ocassionally you'll find a cashier that will give you the gift card voucher anyway, especially if you are close to the spend level.

I try to stay away from gift card promos for this reason at both Rexall and Shoppers, too much wasted time if they don't work. Yesterday Shoppers had the movie ticket deal if you spent $75, whether you got the tickets using $20 in coupons is left too much in the hands of the cashier.
    barbis9, Ciel and calculator like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by maple7 View Post
    The survey coupon in your example should have worked ($51 (before tax)-$20=$31 which is more than the required $25 to use it). But yes, they base their giftcard promos on subtotal and manufacturer coupons are taken off before the subtotal.

Ocassionally you'll find a cashier that will give you the gift card voucher anyway, especially if you are close to the spend level.

I try to stay away from gift card promos for this reason at both Rexall and Shoppers, too much wasted time if they don't work. Yesterday Shoppers had the movie ticket deal if you spent $75, whether you got the tickets using $20 in coupons is left too much in the hands of the cashier.
    Whoops, apparently I can't subtract at 3am
    I wonder if Rexall's head office is aware of this. It would be so easy to avoid the issue if they were a bit more transparent.
    maple7 likes this.

Thread Information