User Tag List

Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast
Like Tree2132Likes

Thread: February 2019 Frugal Chatter (we love deals)

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    i am so sorry to hear of your moms passing. losing a parent is never easy.
    Thank you for your kind words of understanding!
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Welcome back JasperandChar, so sorry to hear about your Mom
    Thank you SassyAshley
    barbis9, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzie bargain View Post
    J and C-so nice to have an old friend back on our thread-in fact I think you started this one if I remember correctly. My condolences and best wishes for a speedy recovery from your surgery.
    Thanks Lizzie it's nice to be back and thank you!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by avoncallingu View Post
    JasperandChar -I am so glad to see your post! My condolences on the passing if your mum. The year my dad passed ( which, holy smokes! was20 years ago yesterday), my mum got very depressed. She and my brother and I took a trip back to her homeland that summer and that perked her up. Losing a spouse, especially one who has been your partner and companion for many years is very difficult on the one left behind. It's very kind of you to be communicating with him so often. I lost my husband 2 years ago in January and there are still things that I find hard to do without him. (Grocery shopping for example and he used to drive me crazy in the grocery store!)
    I am sorry that you have had to have significant surgery but glad that you feel you are getting good care.
    Do you still have your cottage?

You have been our long time inspiration! Glad you are back!
    These women are incredible frugal shoppers!
    Thank you so much, home care is great! Yes we still have the cottage, the boys lot and purchased a lot right beside our cottage this past October so no more cottage lots for us...phew.

I can't imagine the loss of a spouse a best friend and as you said someone that drives you nuts in a grocery store (lol) hugs to you.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    Welcome back @jasperandchar like others have said you have been missed. Lots has happened but it will soon be like you never left us. @flemeth did you ever find the maple leaf hot dog coupon. I have a few of them but with 3 packages on hand and one one kid that eats them I wont use them before they expire.
    Today the older advised the last frozen pizza was consumed. Lol, thankfully he is on board with the challenge so we will make some meals this weekend to have on hand. The younger son will be making his meatballs as the freezer is bare of those as well.
    thank you lilo it's nice to be back and I've the people as well as the thread!

University Couponer
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

I was going to talk about this yesterday, but has anyone else that shops at RCSS noticed they have "changed" price matching? When I went the other day instead of just pressing the price adjustment button and the new price, the cashier had to go through a short series of menus (First one brought up 5 options, one of which was the price matching, then it went into another menu with stores listed in which the cashier had to select which store was being price matched)

All I can say is this, it will slow checkouts right down if it is being implemented across all stores. It already takes about 30 mins. to checkout when I shop with my friend, and the cashier having to select the store for EACH. INDIVIDUAL. PRICE MATCH would be extremely tedious (It had to be done for each item, even if is the same price match up to their limit of 4). I could see it adding at least another 10 mins to checkout for us!
    barbis9, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Afternoon all,

DH and the boys are gone to get a few groceries which are needed in particular dog food.

I'm enjoying the quiet, the hens are locked up for the night, they really enjoyed the sunshine here today.

Supper is ribs and rice.

My dad is coming over tomorrow with my aunt for a visit, I haven't seen my dad since before Christmas, I mustn't forget to give him his gifts, I'll get the kiddos to put them in his car as I don't want him to get upset as he really doesn't like Christmas.

Enjoy your evening all!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by johnb56789 View Post
    I was going to talk about this yesterday, but has anyone else that shops at RCSS noticed they have "changed" price matching? When I went the other day instead of just pressing the price adjustment button and the new price, the cashier had to go through a short series of menus (First one brought up 5 options, one of which was the price matching, then it went into another menu with stores listed in which the cashier had to select which store was being price matched)

All I can say is this, it will slow checkouts right down if it is being implemented across all stores. It already takes about 30 mins. to checkout when I shop with my friend, and the cashier having to select the store for EACH. INDIVIDUAL. PRICE MATCH would be extremely tedious (It had to be done for each item, even if is the same price match up to their limit of 4). I could see it adding at least another 10 mins to checkout for us!
    @johnb 56788 today I also notice that I was PM sugar with Loblaws and I had 4 sugar and it was done like you said It took a while even though I only had a couple of items

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by saundyl View Post
    Hi all. Been a busy first part of the year.

I truly need to get back to being more careful about spending. We went a little insane since 2017 when we moved and still had the other house. Extra renos extra bills... extra ohh whatever put it on thd card if we need it or yes take care if whatever for your mom/my mom. Now we have 1 house 1 set of bills and being frugal needs to be back in order.

And i will also admit to spending more on craft supplies because it made me mad i wss being careful and soneine was buying 2 packs of smokes every two days (hes offically quitr now its been 62 days n no smoke) clothing because i lost alot of weight.... got rid of too big clothes then got put on insulin and regained 35 pounds. Soooo needed new stuff both ways.

BF is possibly going on strike with the gnwt next week. Scary feeling.

Our oldest turns 18 tomorrow but will likely be doing more grade 12 classes next year as well. Lack of motivation.... Im inclined to believe he's internet/gaming addicted.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
    @saundyl my oldest did ( is in it now) an extra year of high school. He is a gifted kid but gaming and just being lazy caught up with him in grade 12. But now DH and I think it may not have been a bad thing. He has watched his friends struggle in university failing out and spending 20000 or more to do so. He now has a plan and will graduate this year. Has applied to college for a trade and the acceptance letters are streaming in. He did a coop placement in 1st for 4 credits and while it ended up not being the field of study he picked the experience was invaluable. The difference in maturity over the past 4 months has been nothing but amazing.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    sent oldest for the oxyclean. .. gave her 2 for her stockpile. ... i found more coupons... she will try again on monday.

hit shoppers..... had a 20x points offer, and a milk offer, also bough meds.. with a bonus point offer. 2100 points, on a 51.04 before taxes shop .. not bad at all.
    i will be going to metro tomorrow. and doing my shop there.... i dont need much .. but my local foodland has cucumbers for 2.49 ... each.. seriously.. omg. and the bananas looked like.. ick...
    not sure what i am doing for he rest of the day. prob relaxing... might binge watch some show. i have been watching Manifest. its pretty cool.
    no kids are home tonight.

might hunt around ... see if there are any coupons i want.. trading is fun!!
    @gisel dta thanks for pointing out the oxi clean. I would never have noticed it and I had 6 coupons to I am stocked up for a while.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

its a really good deal. glad i could help.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

4 places contacted for coupons.. trying to do a few more.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Just letting everyone who Can PM at Walmart Ontario wide and have the Maple Leaf $2.00 Coupons than can work on the Natural selection Deli Food4less Chatham has it for 2/$5.00 making the $0.50

University Couponer
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by flemeth View Post
    Just letting everyone who Can PM at Walmart Ontario wide and have the Maple Leaf $2.00 Coupons than can work on the Natural selection Deli Food4less Chatham has it for 2/$5.00 making the $0.50
    Unfortunately, the $2.00 Natural Selections coupon is only valid on the smaller packs (150-175g to memory). But even at $2.50 for that size pack, it is a great price (Over $10 at RCSS normally)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by johnb56789 View Post
    Unfortunately, the $2.00 Natural Selections coupon is only valid on the smaller packs (150-175g to memory). But even at $2.50 for that size pack, it is a great price (Over $10 at RCSS normally)
    Thanks @johnb56789 I don't have a coupon so was going by memory now looking back at the $ and cent Thread you are correct

Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 19 ... LastLast

Thread Information