User Tag List

Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast
Like Tree2132Likes

Thread: February 2019 Frugal Chatter (we love deals)

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    @saundyl my oldest did ( is in it now) an extra year of high school. He is a gifted kid but gaming and just being lazy caught up with him in grade 12. But now DH and I think it may not have been a bad thing. He has watched his friends struggle in university failing out and spending 20000 or more to do so. He now has a plan and will graduate this year. Has applied to college for a trade and the acceptance letters are streaming in. He did a coop placement in 1st for 4 credits and while it ended up not being the field of study he picked the experience was invaluable. The difference in maturity over the past 4 months has been nothing but amazing.
    @lilo0003 what trade does your son want to become? Sounds like the extra year has been a really positive experience all the way around!
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Wishing all those feeling under the weather a speedy recovery!

Buses cancelled here today as well.

Super last night was burgers and macaroni casserole. A few meals of leftovers available for lunches.

Tonight's super will be homemade chicken fingers with fries, my eldest's request.

Is the Christmas thread still going? And if so could someone post the link here, pretty please if it's not too much trouble. I starting my stocking stuffers bin shortly after Christmas as I find it's the most expensive part atleast here. This year dh & I started doing each others stocking, it was a nice perk (haha).

I went to the re-use it centre on Sunday with my dad. Got a lovely orange cardigan and a lovely curtain for the cottage.

I have 2 amazon orders arriving today, 1 by puralator and 1 by canada post, some lovely new art pieces for the home.

My personal challenge for the month of February is when I use the oven to make a baked good (dessert) and hopefully fill the freezer with goodies.

Dh is picking up groceries tonight if the weather permits, a few staples that are needed.

Wishing everyone a wonderful day!
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Did a trade this morning for some more glad $5.00 Coupons hopes when it arrives I can catch a sale

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/429448...opping-canada/

That should work RE: 2019 Christmas thread

University Couponer
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by flemeth View Post
    Did a trade this morning for some more glad $5.00 Coupons hopes when it arrives I can catch a sale
    Managed a trade too with @bargaincoupon , my friend will be really happy when these coupons come in to get some cheap "green bags"!!
    Last edited by johnb56789; Tue, Feb 12th, 2019 at 11:36 AM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by johnb56789 View Post
    Managed a trade too with @bargaincoupon , my friend will be really happy when these coupons come in to get some cheap "green bags"!!
    @bargaincoupon is an awesome trader.I traded for some previously and that's what I got the compose bags will buy the same again.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Ontario upcoming sale flyers posted. Some good deals and lots of meal ideas for me for next week!
    Giseledta, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

i am concerned about this rain that is happening now.. it is going to freeze.. tomorrow should be interesting...

my sb is done for the day. i only ended up with 1 dc child.. i was able to get alot of stuff done with her. we had a blast!!!! after she left... i washed the bathroom floor...

my youngest is currently making supper. love , love love. i am just hanging out tonight. laundry at 7 . i suspect tomorrow will be a interesting day... this week ... will be interesting....
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

University Couponer
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Ontario upcoming sale flyers posted. Some good deals and lots of meal ideas for me for next week!
    Agreed, lots of decent deals up so far. Can't wait till the rest come up tomorrow. Have to plan that "super-budgeted" shop for my friend. With about $80 to spend including $40 in points to redeem. We've gotta get as much food as we can with what money she has budgeted. At least there are a few good deals we can score her!

$1 Zabiha Halal Frozen Ground Chicken (NF) W/$1.00 Coupon
    $2.99 Maple Leaf Half Ham (Sal's/Food4Less) W/$3.00 Coupon
    $1/lb Chicken Legs (NF) W/ Hopefully 200Pts/$1 on either of her cards
    $1 Pineapple (NF)
    $15.98 Finish Dishwasher Pods (80pk): W/ MIR Up to $25 (One for her address, one for my address, both packs for her)
    $1.39 Vector Granola (Farmboy Peterborough) W/$1.00 Coupon
    $1 Old Mill Bagels (NF) W/ Hopefully 200Pts/$1
    $0.50 Minute Maid Frozen Concentrate (NF)
    $0.97/$1 Oasis Hydrafruit Juices (WM/NF) W/$0.50 Coupon

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/429448...opping-canada/

That should work RE: 2019 Christmas thread
    Thank you
    Giseledta, barbis9 and Ciel like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

ok. schools are open.. buses are down. wind is insane. i fully expect the schools to close early.

ok. so , i will have full kids today. and youngest will prob be home. middle has a exam today. and oldest is a t her bfs.
    part of me wants to bake something today... might just do that.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

Yesterday all the school closed in the lower mainland
    Of BC how lame. With a foot of snow they close schools. I lived in Alberta we had a blizzard it dumped 7ft of snow I tunnelled out of my staff accommodation to work. Then on way home from work I shovelled enough of it to make a trench to the staff accommodation lol. I lived in Jasper, Alberta.

On Sunday morning I called the cops for the noise I was thinking about doing that again. It’s been going on for 2 hours dropping on the floor. It’s like someone is drunk or something no one I know has a cat above me so it’s not that. The other night it was moving of furniture so I was buzzed upstairs to knock on the persons door to tell them I was sleeping until they moved their whole bed set around it was this dude drunk out of his mind rearranging his bachelor suite and tossing books around the room.

I soft tissue injured my shoulder/arm/elbow. Ouch I tell you. I wasn’t given any instructions on how to take care of my it at all. I suppose to be given a sling that didn’t happen either. They gave me hydromorphine and gravol. I looked online and it said to take anti inflammatories not sure hydromorphine is one of those.

The city has been fine people for not shovelling. There was ambulances here yesterday and the city was called they fined the building 20k$ because the stretcher couldn’t make to the building. The maintenance person laughed as bylaws gave the ticket so it was instead of 30 days notice to pay it was upped to 15 days. Unlikely the company who runs the building will pay on time. Since they owed waste management over 12k in fines they went with another garbage truck provider and it’s a smaller dumpster.

I went to subway yesterday and bought two footlong subs with combo of chips and a drink for 19.40$. I am sorta sick and don’t want to spread germs if I was going to cook so i decided to stay away from cooking soup that idea I had in my mind about.

Today I got a snowfall warning from the weather network app.

I am not sure what the day holds I guess maybe putting on snow gear again and going to the pharmacy to pick up meds. I need my rizatriptan for migraines and tecta for acid reflux and my other medication.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Live, Love, Laugh

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

No bus service here today either. I will be texting DS later his list of chores!

Last night I made pasta sauce and pasta and we ate that after 9pm watching the Leafs game. It hit the spot! I also cooked up a tray of chicken drumsticks for the boys. they were .99Lb and the tray cost was $3.13. I'm sure they will be all gone by the time I get home from work. Dinner tonight should be bacon and eggs I think. I have leftover pasta sauce from last night so I will make more pasta tonight and make up containers for boys. Youngest can have that for dinner tomorrow night. Guessing my oldest is taking his girl out for dinner

I need to fold all the clean laundry tonight and put it all away. That is #1 on my list when I walk in the house after work.

Have a fantastic day everyone!
    Giseledta, Ciel and coupon girl like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Quick! Go order your free Maple Leaf microwave bacon coupon from No Frills through save.ca. I just saw it on Facebook and ordered mine. 10,000 abailable when it went live.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@Angela273 can you please post the link for the freebie

Page 12 of 28 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread Information