User Tag List

Page 842 of 1954 FirstFirst ... 342 742 792 832 840 841 842 843 844 852 892 942 1342 1842 ... LastLast
Results 12,616 to 12,630 of 29298
Like Tree118409Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Good morning!

Not so great with a -51 windchill! You would think we were in the great white North!

Physiotherapist was just here. We went over some exercises for my knees and back, she will find an assistant physio to come go over the rest for me.

My sweet son came for a visit after work. He is just so excited about his move. He has gotten donations of things from some friends. We will be able to give him some kitchen stuff, too. He will be moving big stuff this weekend, has a friend to help.

Hoping Wednesday is good to y'all!

So already three people have come to the door asking if I am done washing, do I need help, again- am I done? It's funny because the side brought in the basin right after the PT left, but she wanted me to stay in this position for a while - on the bed in a modified z position. But it looks like I am just lazy and not washing up!

It's all about perspective and context, I have learned.

Take care and stay warm!
    I'm glad I don't have to go out into the crazy cold, but I wouldn't mind if I were in any other place except the hospital.

@Newfiescreech - so sorry about the passing of your auntie.
    Thanks so much Natalka!! Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers sweetie..Take care yourself sweetie
    Natalka, Lynn49 and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning @GoJays
    Newfiescreech likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Natalka View Post
    Oh, how I love cinnamon hearts! I need to ask someone to pick me up a small package. And conversation hearts - the old fashioned ones that start to disintegrate in your mouth, not the newer hard kind.

Well, I did in physio what I did yesterday, and more!!! Once the physiotherapist pointed out a distance she set as a goal for me to walk - I did so quite easily, and a little further!
    It felt so good to do all this, plus having so many genuine cheerleaders here for me, and not just the therapists - then I get comments from nurses who see what was charted, and I even had a nurse stop by who isn't working my section today - just to say how amazing it was, because she heard of all i am doing.

But it took a lot out of me, and I was medicated well this aft.

Hope you are all having a LOVEly day!
    @Natalka you are doing awesome my friend. Keep it going. We are all cheering you on virtually
    Newfiescreech, Natalka and Lynn49 like this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Good morning friends.
    Happy Friday. For those not in BC, Happy Family Day weekend as well.

@Natalka , very glad you're making strides towards a better you! (see what I did there?? )

Warm up today, and drove through the rain this morning...which means a thaw and melt at home today! Hopefully things aren't completely flooded all over when we get home tonight.

Have a great day and weekend everyone!
    DANGER

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

The warm-up is nice but I hate the slop it leaves behind. I don't dare hope that this is it though. At least the temperatures don't drop to Antarctic normals anytime soon. Have a lovely day.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning.

I'll be off to our dr's clinic today: my left eye had been sore for a couple of days...actually the lower socket bone...this morning my eye is red and swollen. So, likely on antibiotics for a while.

More crap fell last night, but its fluffy, so Hubby's out there snowblowing. I should get moving, grab breakfast and get purdied up to head out.

Have a great day, everyone.

Trading Score
    9 (100%)

did everyone get their free skittles? http://sourskittles4singles.ca/?fbcl...aFElXTUivvrN0k
    Putting the fun back in dysfunctional

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Good morning, folks!

Slept in as I had to take some more pain medication at 4a.m. Headache. There was a sudden huge bang associated with this bed at that time. I hope that I haven't wrecked the mechanism. Tootie was having a bought of coughing and gasping and I was trying to calm her when it happened.

@Lynn49 - sorry to hear about your eye. Glad you are getting it checked out.

Landlady wants to bring someone through for a quick 15 minutes today at 5. I am hoping it's the couple who were so interested and then maybe we can cancel the 9 am and forward showings tomorrow.

I'm in a conundrum about taking possession of my new place and moving. I have to sort that out today.

I can here the snow removal vehicles doing their thing along the street. I should get the girlie outside.

@Natalka - you are doing wonderfully well. We are all so pleased for you!

Everyone have a happy and healthy Friday-beginning of a long weekend for most.

See ya later, aligators . (That doesn't look right but even my auto-correct doesn't know what to do with it.)😁

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Auto correct can just go fork itself, I hate it so much!

Good afternoon, everyone!

Thanks for your continued kind words of support; they are much appreciated!

Back from physio about a half hour ago. No problem in transferring from bed to wheelchair (but doing the reverse after my session was pretty brutal and quite difficult, I think I had to do about 20 teeny steps, most at an angle!)

On the parallel bars, I walked much farther at each go, so that was wonderful. My knees let me know when I am done - started refining my sit/stands - today's goal was not to sit down fast - I tend to flop - but to start to sit, stick out butt, count to three, and sit gently. Now that is harder than it seems!!!

But I am done, and it felt good (not only because it was over, lol!)!
    On the weekend, physio is closed but I can do some things with a nurse or family members - can't use the bars, though, the therapy room will be locked up. We can practice sit/stands, some stepping, and maybe transfers - if someone is around to set up that massive wheelchair in the room.

Milan is going to be unpacking and settling in, so I won't see him on the weekend. He came by yesterday, bringing supper and chocolate - and stayed til bedtime.

My husband was over right after work, with an absolutely beautiful card and Ferraro Rocher. Actually he handed me the card and a package of razors first, with a glint in his eyes. Yes, I said I needed them, but.... Yeah he got me, then he pulled out the heart box of chocolates.

I plan on a big rest after lunch, if it ever comes!, then will do my exercises mid afternoon. I need some brain action, so I will tackle some hard crosswords and some trivia.

Have a great rest of the day!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Hello!

Not pinkeye, a sty inside my bottom lid (?)...so hot packs left on for 10 minutes (I sewed a quick heat pack with split peas in it, the heat lasts a long time), every hour if possible ... yes, possible, my dance-card is hardly filled this time of year. She gave me a prescription for an antibiotic IF it's not cleared up in 72 hours, so I hope I don't have to use it.

Other than that, it's windy, blowing snow...the kids are heading out for their Valentine's dinner this evening, our GS will be here for dinner, then Hubby will bring him home to get ready for bed. Life in the fast lane.

For those ladies out there who received a lovely bouquet of flowers also...remember: 1 tbsp of Javex or Chlorox in the vase of water, and at each change. Although with that in there, I rarely have to change the water, just top it off.

Nat, keep up the great work, we're cheering you on!!

Toodles for now, drive home carefully, those of you who must, everyone else...stay home. Safe at home.

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

@Lynn49 - hoping that clears up quickly for you! I know how uncomfortable and painful it can be, I had one a few years ago.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

In keeping with @GoJays February post...

Last edited by Lynn49; Fri, Feb 15th, 2019 at 02:22 PM.

Thread Information