User Tag List

Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast
Like Tree2132Likes

Thread: February 2019 Frugal Chatter (we love deals)

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

ceil -sorry about your dad's declining health ,stay strong ,its hard to lose parents
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Afternoon -I popped over to beer store got 1.70 for returns from my son-in-laws =free money for me
    I got 5.70 from style encore for 2 tops of mine and my daughter got 23.70 from some of her clothing

then popped into shoppers got 2 kinder egg valentines tray so 8 eggs for 7.00-1.20 personal offer=.72 cents each for grandkids for easter

I then popped into metro spent 25.50 and got 9 airmiles some small personal offers

supper chieken keiv for me with fresh asparagus ,hubby wants karft dinner

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Ciel - many hugs.

ok. horrible night sleeping.. then took meds cause i was so congested.. feel back asllep.. woke at 1 .. with a fever. ran out to bank, foodland, and dollerama. got everything on my list. home showered .. more meds. just chilling.
    i was going to work on the basement.. i still may for a hour.
    i grabbed something for supper..that ment little to no efforton my part for cooking. so any who are here will eat.

i a very glad tomorrow i have off.
    i did pick up 2 small photo albums at doller ama for coupon orgaizing. i saw someone do it .. and it looks alot better then what i ahve been doing... so if it helps.. i will do it.

i am making a goal of 12. 1 per month of some serious good deal stock ups. via coupons. so far.. Oxyclean, and Glad garbage bags.
    i am seeing huge progress with my grocery budget . and i am very pleased.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 2 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

I need soup or different lunch/dinner ideas that’s more then stir fry, masala, curry, spaghetti, chilli, chicken noddle soup and (icky)hot dogs.

I was asked to create some interesting dishes for my fellow tenants. I was allowed to use company money to buy things so make something is different is not what people normally make for themselves or what would be tasty. I have some ideas and wrote them down but you are all good cooks, couponers and deal finders just like me. I don’t know what sort of budget I am working with yet but don’t forget this is low income earners/welfare/disability recipients. I wanna give my friends skills and wanna have fun doing it too.

So what are your crowd favourites?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by greentires4me; Sun, Feb 17th, 2019 at 02:25 PM.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by greentires4me View Post
    I need soup or different lunch/dinner ideas that’s more then stir fry, masala, curry, spaghetti, chilli, chicken noddle soup and (icky)hot dogs.

I was asked to create some interesting dishes for my fellow tenants. I was allowed to use company money to buy things so make something is different is not what people normally make for themselves or what would be tasty. I have some ideas and wrote them down but you are all good cooks, couponers and deal finders just like me. I don’t know what sort of budget I am working with yet but don’t forget this is low income earners/welfare/disability recipients. I wanna give my friends skills and wanna have fun doing it too.

My first thought is strata, which is basically a savory bread pudding, so bread, eggs and a bit of milk plus pretty much whatever combination of flavorings you care to add.

My second is a non-Bolognese pasta, maybe even using a sauce that's not tomato-based. Carbonara is quicker to make and can cost less per serving if you use domestic parm. I know it doesn't taste the same, but will anyone in your target audience be able to tell? Alfredo, which can be given a twist with, for example, bits of chopped ham and/or veg., seems like it might work too.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by greentires4me View Post

I like slow cooker meals - throw everything in and let it simmer. Mom used to make tuna fish casserole and Chinese hamburger casserole - the only thing that made it Chinese was the soya sauce and chow mein noodles that we eventually change to potato chips. Or another one - shephard’s (sp?) pie.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    My Orange Key 44990243S1

https://surveys.gobranded.com/users/...f49b113b291653

Starting a new Chapter in the Golden Horseshoe in 2017!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Afternoon Everyone,
    Well not the best afternoon here. We noticed last week there was a small drip under the kitchen sink but it was not consistent sometimes it would leak a very small amount other times nothing at all. Well today I put water in the sink ran upstairs to do something came back down went in the kitchen and under the sink was completely flooded the cup had completely over flown and there was water everywhere.

I asked for recommendations for plumbers and found one who will come out tomorrow with no holiday fee. Part of the reason we had not called a plumber yet was trying to find a time one of us could be home for them to come. Since Mom is getting weekends off it is great for us to get stuff done at home but makes it so we cannot book these appointments on her day off. Normally if that did not work I would work from one day but I have had so many meetings lately there isn't a day I can work from home.

Really hoping this does not cost an arm and a leg but I think it should be a simple fix for a plumber. I looked it up online and I think I know the problem but the issue is I do not have the tools I need and really am not looking to invest in a number of plumbing tools.

I am also a little annoyed right now with a lack of help around the house. With Mom working full time she does not get a lot done around the house but lately I find I am the only one doing anything at home, if I don't do it, it doesn't get done cause she always wants "to do nothing" on her days off. Well yesterday she made muffins and did wash a few of the dishes she used but left all the dishes that were already there unwashed and did not wash the pans so I got to wash them today so the plumber can come tomorrow.

I am trying to be patient as I get there is a lot of pressure on her at work right now as she is only full trained staffed member left in her department but I have to admit I getting so frustrated. I also have so much going on at work (the norm I know) but I am still trying to get stuff done at home and honestly I am finding it hard not to hold some resentment. She always says how hard her life is and how she has no help but I have to admit at home I feel like it is all on me. Even the whole plumber thing as soon as I mentioned calling a plumber right away I got we do not have money for a plumber and how she didn't want to deal with this right now, to which I was like obviously I am paying for the plumber and I was the one who had to find a plumber and make an appointment.

Sorry for my rant, hope everyone is having a wonderful Sunday. I am off to crochet and try to relax a little.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

sassy -sorry you have to deal with all this ,good luck

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

evening -well just ordered from old navy as it was 35% off and I had a code for 15% off due to a problem before xmas lets hope this nice summer tencel top and 2 tanks for me fit or work with my figure as I really need summer clothing ,plus got pjs for xmas next year for cara cant beat the price 7.13 so now I have 3 prs of p,js for the grandkids for next xmas, plus fuzzy socks 2.00 for me ,got a cute white cami for Ashlyn for 2.20 as she really needs them plus a few more items

I used my 50.00 gift card from my birthday in sept so only have to pay 32.00

so glad I got a summer top today for 7.00-5.60 in consignment money =1.40 at style encore
    Last edited by coupon girl; Mon, Feb 18th, 2019 at 09:46 AM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quiet family day today-maybe pick up a few groceries and make some homemade soup. It is DD's week off uni but she leaves today with friends for a few days skiing at Whistler. I may pop out to Vancouver for a quick visit in March and she will be back at the end of April for a couple of weeks before working in Ontario for the summer.

Will perhaps start to do our taxes this week although we don't have all our slips yet. DH and I took a 6 hr road trip on Saturday for a friends 60th bday dinner and came home yesterday. We have this week off as our school is closed but I am working 3 long days watching 4 children who are between nannies-the new nanny will start the following week. Even though retired I seem to still keep busy!

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

I found this new app called “receipt hog” where u just upload any receipt to earn PayPal or amazon or Visa prepaid gift cards. It’s a Canadian app I am giving it a try I will tell you how it goes. And if it’s worth my time and effort to snap shot every receipt I have or own.

It’s 6 am and I been awake since 3:30am. I may go back to sleep...

Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

@greentires4me I know you can cook but if the goal is to help others learn to cook and stay on budget check out a blog called budgetbytes. It’s what got our older son interested in food and she has lots of great recipes. One of our favourites is dragon noodles anD we totallly cheap it out and use egg noodles or pasta we also add shrimp or chicken. It makes great leftovers so DS typically triples the recipe so he has a few lunches.
    DH is snow blowing again. I don’t recall the last winter that the snowblower saw so much action.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I don’t know why, but my post from this morning didn’t work.

Yesterday I took pictures of a lot of coupons and posted them for trade on two different Facebook groups. I received about 30 private messages. I have completed 4 trades for a total of $38 in food coupons.

This afternoon we’re taking our kids to a free matinee at the lical
    theatre. We’ll buy some popcorn and drinks while we are there, to support the local business. There is also a free swim and lunch sponsored by the Lion’s Club. We have gone in the past, but the pool was so full we didn’t feel safe at times and there were lots of lineups for the family change rooms. I’d rather pay to take them swimming next weekend and enjoy ourselves more.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Went to No Frills this morning-I really like dollar days when so many things are just a dollar!! Seems like days of yesteryear when you can buy a loaf of rye bread , 5 lb bag of yellow potatoes, container of mushrooms, coleslaw mix, 4 pack of yogurt, Heinz ketchup and BBQ sauce all for $1.00.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

afternoon all. quiet day here. i spent some time on my basement. i think 1 more time and i will be done. i am going to work for a hour on some paperwork. that really needs to be done... message people and voila done. i will feel better once it is done.
    making a lazagna for supper. and need to vacume the playroom.

looking for a good movie to watch with hubby..

youngest is working till 11 tonight. oldest is still with her bf, and i chatted briefly with middle.. they are studying.... mid terms this week.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 2 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Page 17 of 28 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 ... LastLast

Thread Information