User Tag List

Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast
Like Tree2132Likes

Thread: February 2019 Frugal Chatter (we love deals)

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

Okay the soups on I have it in the slow cooker on my counter it’s going to be loaded potato soup. It cooks on high for 4 hours. Then another 1hour with a roux then mash It up add the cream cheese and the shredded cheese. Then somewhere in there cooking the bacon in the oven until it’s crispy so I can use it as garnish.

I made it this way half a bag of 5lb bag of Yukon gold potatoes small ones I scored from no frills for $1, 1 onion diced, 4 cloves of garlic,1 1/2 boxes of reduced sodium chicken broth, and ground black pepper.

I have a gynaecologist appointment for March 13, 2019.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by greentires4me; Fri, Feb 22nd, 2019 at 08:13 AM.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

its friday. thank goodness. my glasses are now ordered. its been a expensive week. thank goodness for a medical plan. we need to pay it first but . atleast we get something back .
    i am hoping more tax stuff will be in today. i would like to get some movement on that stuff. there are 5 of us, and it takes time to get it all done.

oldest has gone to my moms to help her a bit.
    middle child is home tomorrow. that will be nice. they go back on Monday.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 2 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    74 (100%)

Dog. Skunk. I have nothing more to say.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by wendymac View Post
    Dog. Skunk. I have nothing more to say.
    That skunk should be hibernating and not bothering the dog!
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    74 (100%)

It is TOO EARLY for skunks, I know! But the skunk didn't. it is this *&^% weather that swings from freezing cold to just above melting. Ahhh. Ignore me and my foul mood. I really didn't need to give a 90 lb miscreant dog a bath today. Let alone clean up the bathroom over which he shook half a bathtub of water. I'd be a lot more sympathetic if he weren't so proud of himself.
    Last edited by wendymac; Fri, Feb 22nd, 2019 at 03:42 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Hi all .
    Bough 4 large club pork chops for $1.67 after PM ,and PCO points offer it's already at Food Bank
    Laughing cow cheese $2.00- $1.00 coupon $0.50
    Thanks @Arjon and @johnb56789 for these lovely coupons
    Cleaned the house this afternoon.
    So it should be a quiet weekend

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Wednesday I took the kids to play at our public library.
    Thursday morning we went to the Family Centre.
    This morning we baked sugar cookies. i took the kids on a sled ride after nap. Today was the warmest day we’ve had in a couple weeks, a high of -19 with the wind chill.

I saved $25 by renewing my driver’s license for 5yrs instead of only 1yr.
    Today was a great mail day for me, 5 envelopes of food coupons.

I’ve had great luck on Swagbucks this week. I’ll be happy to post my monthly update at the end of next week.

I saw an ad for a large, shorter shelving unit for $30 on Facebook. Dh will pu k it up tomorrow. Then I’ll post a large toy box for sale, the shelving unit will replace it.
    Last edited by Angela273; Fri, Feb 22nd, 2019 at 09:21 PM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

i baysat today -ohh cara is a sweety she now says "dirty" thanks to me teaching her ,so she goes around picking odd and end 's around the house . I took her for an hour walk this morning it was sunny and nice like 2 degrees .I noticed when Ashlyn came in from school she wanted to sit on my lap and cara got sooo upset ,such a bond she has with me ,we coloured today ,played in the toy kitchen etc

I was so disappointed my old navy order came in and all three tops look awfull on me the 2 tanks and the short sleeve tencel top and the fuzzy socks are tube socks which I hate ,so I am only keeping the kids clothing .My daughter said why don't I try clothing on in stores but I really had an excellent deal on line ,first 35% then the 15%they owed me then an extra 10%-oh well it may be back to thrift shopping for me

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    Ciel one thing to keep in mind, I saw article on 680 news yesterday saying the government currently has a back log and getting marriage licenses, birth or death certificates is currently taking approximately 3 months to process.
    when both of my parents died, the funeral home issued death certificates. The hospital also notified Ohip immediately following the death of my parents.
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

yes barbis-i remember the funeral home gave me about 12 dealth certificates whren my dear mom passed.I did go back and get some more from them I remember and they also notified ohip

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

I must admit I am slightly confused on these as I saw it on 680 news but I remember when both my grandparents passed I also remember the funeral home giving us death certificates and telling us if we needed more to come back.

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    when both of my parents died, the funeral home issued death certificates. The hospital also notified Ohip immediately following the death of my parents.
    Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    yes barbis-i remember the funeral home gave me about 12 dealth certificates whren my dear mom passed.I did go back and get some more from them I remember and they also notified ohip
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

I went to shoppers today for there 20x points for $50 or more.

Mostly everything was on sale except the coffee mate..

Aunt Jemina pancake mix $2.99
    Fibre 1 brownie $2.99
    Fibre 1 lemon bar $2.99
    No name glass cleaner $2.99
    2x method all purpose cleaner @ 3.99 for 7.98$
    2x got 2 B temporary pink hair dye @4.25 for 8.50$
    2x Rogers brown sugar @1.99 for 3.98$
    Clearance joe fresh pink and blue reversible toque for 5.99$
    Clorox spray $3.49
    4x PC Toilet paper @4.99 for 19.96$
    Dare superfruit gummies $2.50
    Dare medley gummies $2.50
    Coffee mate 4.79$
    PC Chai tea $2
    PC dirty chai tea $2
    =82.05$
    I saved 66.05$
    Regular points 1125
    In store bonus points 25000
    Total points earned today 26125

Now I have 60$ worth of points. To spend at no frills maybe when they have a good deal or something.

Breakfast downstairs is pancakes and sausages. The sausages are nasty I ate one and it was okay the other one is not very tasty at all. But it’s free...

I am in lots of pain today this cyst needs to go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Giseledta, barbis9 and Ciel like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by SassyAshley View Post
    I must admit I am slightly confused on these as I saw it on 680 news but I remember when both my grandparents passed I also remember the funeral home giving us death certificates and telling us if we needed more to come back.
    It might be more on the processing the reciept of death certificates in the sense of stoping payments and i indicating estate taxes will be required not personal

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Afternoon Everyone,
    Another whirlwind week. I had meetings every day this week, Thursday to be my meeting free day and I got called into a programming meeting at 3 pm. One upside has been that I have not had to spend money. Although with that being said between our sink breaking and our insane schedules this week we did more take out than I would have liked.

With that being said I am on a mission to make sure the same thing does not happen this week. Mom has a meeting tomorrow so my plan is to cook tomorrow. I will pull out both Slow Cookers & the Instant Pot and see how much I can get done. I have booked myself a date with Pinterest after dinner tonight to make a plan for tomorrow. I also need to do a little baking as we have a meeting this week which I usually supply treats for.

My sink has been fixed and only cost me $60, which was great as most where quoting me minimum $80 plus parts.

I have a few things I would like to tackle today so off to see what I can get done. Hope everyone has a wonderful day.
    Giseledta, barbis9 and Ciel like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I'm grateful for the sunshine in the past three days.

Dad passed away Thursday morning and since I was still sore from dancing on ice the night before, I was at home when Mom checked on him and came back in tears (which I saw only when she turned around from looking for a candle in the dining room closet). The two police officers were kind while EMS people did their thing but we really would have liked to have been spared the resus efforts. I told Mom yesterday I want to avoid that for her when her time to die comes so we'll discuss that (DNR orders) prior to her updating her personal legal documents this year.

Since the three of us went to the funeral home, some things Mom could decide upon easily and others were more of a contentious nature with Mom having the final say. All I know about Form 15 is that the completed form tells the City that a resident has passed away, and its faxed to stop CPP/OAS (timely, because I hope the March payments for Dad don't land on Tuesday, else Mom has to return them) and it being Friday, I think we may be a day late on getting his name off the recipient lists. We'll soon find out. Also the form allows the funeral home to obtain a burial permit but I have to reread the invoice to be sure. As for SCers posting about certificate delays at the provincial end-I really hope the 3-month delay is not for real but am aware sometimes especially near a fiscal year-end (March 31) for governments, things might slowdown to not having enough budget for certain activities or processes. Sibling has a few days off (finally, due to bereavement) but he was trying to contact places about Dad's death and I kept saying without the death certificates (they'll be available tomorrow), not many places will initiate record deaths without that document. And Mom and I had told the police about Dad's illness, they told us the coroner was inclined to say Dad had bowel cancer. I've started a notebook of things done for Dad's estate but Mom has yet to jot into it and started to write on a notepad which concerned me enough to speak up last night not to do that but use the notebook. Sometimes I think Mom is checking out or expects me to rescue her. This process will be a slog.

Thankfully, some of you have shared your grief and estate matter journeys on the forum, so that helps me now. I'm touched by the wisdom and advice and experiences shared here!
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Page 20 of 28 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Thread Information