User Tag List

Page 858 of 1953 FirstFirst ... 358 758 808 848 856 857 858 859 860 868 908 958 1358 1858 ... LastLast
Results 12,856 to 12,870 of 29295
Like Tree118399Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning @flemeth .
    I can't believe it's yet another snow day. At this rate, they will have to repeat the school year @danger_dan - Stay home! At least keep us posted as to your well-being. I may be wrong, but I have an idea what road you drive every day and if it's the one I'm thinking of, it's scary even in the summer. Take good care.
    Everyone else, if you can stay home, do just that.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    Good morning @flemeth. I can't believe it's yet another snow day. At this rate, they will have to repeat the school year
    @danger_dan - Stay home! At least keep us posted as to your well-being. I may be wrong, but I have an idea what road you drive every day and if it's the one I'm thinking of, it's scary even in the summer. Take good care.
    Everyone else, if you can stay home, do just that.
    Wish I could have stayed home...I have an afternoon trade show to go to today, and the Lady has to be on site for meetings all day today...so we're in the city today...e did drive the truck (4x4) in today though, so we're ready for the trek home.

We drive HWY 115 and 401.
    The 115 has been a complete mess the last two days going home. In the mornings it's not bad at all since we leave at our ungodly hour...it's going home with all the stupid drivers that's really the issue.

Have a wonderful day folks. Gotta hit the papers before I leave for the afternoon!
    Last edited by danger_dan; Thu, Feb 28th, 2019 at 05:19 AM. Reason: What's a 'trade shade'? :)
    DANGER

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Good morning, folks! I have to apologize. I wore the mighty I got for Christmas last night. ???? It says, "Let it Snow."

A very light snow is falling- already a centimetre or 2.

I thank the forces that be that I got that indoor parking spot in November!

One of my friends is skiing in Vermont and is heading home tomorrow. She can't help on the "Boxing Day" but she's going to help me pack tomorrow. I hope her trip home is smooth!

Last day for pain meds for Tootie. Her antibiotics will continue until next week.

I am thinking that the school boards are very reluctant to close schools entirely as they have to have a certain number of school days in a year. If I remember correctly, the schools had to stay open after Canada Day a few years ago to get a prescribed # of days. That may have been the year that they instituted the "Family Day" holiday.

I see that Heart and Cheryl Crow are playing this summer at the Budweiser Stage. My DH would have been there in a FLASH! Both of his "heart"throbs on the same stage.

Well, "This is a day that our God has made. Let us rejoice and be glad in it!" As you can see - I think in song/hymn lyrics.
    Must get moving.

Have a productive/lazy/sleepy day- whatever makes sense to you. But stay safe and happy!
    BFN!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by danger_dan View Post
    Wish I could have stayed home...I have an afternoon trade shade to go to today, and the Lady has to be on site for meetings all day today...so we're in the city today...e did drive the truck (4x4) in today though, so we're ready for the trek home.

We drive HWY 115 and 401.
    The 115 has been a complete mess the last two days going home. In the mornings it's not bad at all since we leave at our ungodly hour...it's going home with all the stupid drivers that's really the issue.

Have a wonderful day folks. Gotta hit the papers before I leave for the afternoon!
    Good gravy!! I was way off. I thought you drove the 400 every day. Well, either way, take good care. Take your dumbrella, it's really stupid out there

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning, everyone!!

DD flies to TO in about an hour for a conference and we're hoping planes are all landing safely today. However, Porter usually lands when others do not, so fingers crossed!

My cabin-fever is kicking me out of the house today, and actually it's not so much cabin-fever as winter-fever: in spite of my self-imposed hybernation, I'm still not happy about going out there while it's still winter. Can't wait until the 3rd week of March when this deep-freeze is supposed to break.

Enjoy your day, everyone whether you're working or playing, stay well, stay safe!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Yes, LOL...this is Jenny! I can wake up clinging to the edge of the bed while being bunny-kicked in the back yet....I won't move her over because she's sleeping and you know what 'they' say about sleeping dogs...

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good morning!

Had a pretty good sleep last night - and, yet, awoken very gently by an aide to take my vitals. Argh! Tried to snooze after that, to no avail, but stayed in bed.
    My 10:00 physio is cancelled but, as always, if any of them have time, they might pop in. I pretty much expect it because if a PT comes, my session can be from like 10 minutes and up - at the lower end, it would be sit/stand practice which is a workout for me anyway.

For a walk, I need two people to assist, so that usually requires planning.

At 11:00 is pod rounds - anyone working with a patient files into the room and we go over progress, problems, and plans ( wow, I should trademark that!). I remember my first one when I was here before, it feels intimidating at first.

So I need to go wash up.
    Have a wonderful Wednesday!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

what a snowstorm!! Someone....tell it to stop!!!
    I went out before 7 a.m. ( before any of this nonsense started ) to mail a letter, deposit a cheque and to stroll/browse in WM. Was back home well before this nonsense really started sticking and piling up on the ground.
    I will keep all of you that are on the move in my thoughts today.....safe travels!!!

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Oh, how I agree with that meme, @walkonby !
    We were due for a reprieve, but it's only going to last one day, gah!

Just finished a physio session, so glad I could be fit in. Went for a walk first, equal distance to yesterday but it was rough and, to me, not good quality. However, in the PT's evaluation it was just fine. I don't strive for perfection or anything lofty, but I know the differences for me.

Then she took me to the therapy room to do a stint on the stepper. I was pleasantly surprised that it didn't kill my knees, she said it was because all the pressure was taken off my knees. I stayed in the wheelchair and lifted each leg up so each foot was on this little platform. Then the arm component was good as well, except when done my right hand was quite sore.

Her goal for me was three minutes, when I was okay at that point, I went another two, then ended up I did six minutes. The last time I looked at the screen I think it was maybe 280 steps, and I forget the other stats. Of course I started at level one.

So I have a guestimated discharge date of April 3, which can change at any point depending on progress.
    At my meeting were the nurse, social worker, liaison person between hospital and home care, as well as my physiotherapist. The latter did most of the evaluation since she has spent most of the time with me. She had set out goals for me, some of which I have already completed!

I need to have a bit of a rest and bolster my knees for a while.
    Have a great evening, all!

Machine similar to the one I used

https://www.orthocanada.com/en/stepone

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Um...awkward!!

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

I can't believe that the day has flown by! I spent an incredible amount of time trying to change over my house insurance. The new place is supposed to be cheaper but the payment doubled . Neither I nor she could figure it out . Still an unsolved mystery. The first woman I spoke to a couple of weeks ago was asking about sump pumps, what the pipes were made of and the constitution of the roof. Turns out that she thought I was moving into a single home. Oy! Waste of my time, the manager's time and the general manager's time. But I think she was just learning the job.

Well, looks like I have missed some e-mails so I had better check that out.

@natalia - when you are released, would you be going back for physio as an outpatient? You are making tremendous progress!

Thread Information