User Tag List

Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast
Like Tree2132Likes

Thread: February 2019 Frugal Chatter (we love deals)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning all.
    We are having another day of Nasty weather.

I have some of the laughing cow cheese coupon $1.50 so I want to used it up and don’t let it go to waste.
    Also have a couple of the $5.00 glad coupons to used the both exp on 28Feb.

My DH cousin Battle with cancer came to an endnote Monday. We are out every night going to the wake. I need to clean the house since I will have guess from out of town who is coming for the Viewing and Funeral.

I did laundry already , I need to clean the Floors in on the Bed rooms..
    Have a great day everyone

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

flemth - i am so sorry for your loss.

ok. new glasses good. it will take a bit to get used to . today is snowy .. lots of snow. i already have the roast in the crockpot. and a tea in hand. i can handle anything. lol
    oldest is at her bfs , middle is at school... and youngest wont wake for 20 .. then head to school

my mom wants to go to costco this weekend. my list there is tiny, if anything. i am focusing on foodland ( preview is up online ) and a 50 at shoppers... 20x points. i do need to sort a few coupons..

beef dip sandwiches, ceaser salad for supper.
    goals.... spotless kitchen ( i struggle with this...)
    snow painting, and sizzor work with the kids.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning! As soon as I walked in the door last night I put rice on. Then I pulled from the freezer and cooked: open packages of perogies and fries. From the freezer I grabbed cooked/chopped chicken and peas for chicken fried rice. I also had a large glass container of rice in the freezer that I defrosted and added to the new cooked rice and made a huge batch of chicken fried rice (DS has for his school lunch today! Saved giving him $5) I also defrosted a container of cooked sausage in bbq sauce. Youngest DS ate everything I put on his plate and I made a Tupperware container for the oldest and he ate that when he came home from work. I also tossed 2 bags of garbage from freezer. (old popsicles etc) Lots of yogurt and frozen fruit for smoothies so will make these for DS for breakfast over the next few weeks to use them all up.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

flemeth -sorry for your loss

morning -up early so before 7.00 I baked muffins ,feeling my cold is a little better .My dear son turns 34 today my daughter-in-law wanted us to go there for supper and cake tonight but if this weather gets worse I may just get my haircut at 2.00 then home and skip going to my son's

We are going out for breakfast as a family on sunday all 9 of us to celebrate my son's birthday ,we cant celebrate on sat as son had other plans with her side and my son-in-law is going out with friends in our city ,so daughter will be sleeping over with Sebastian on sat night.Sunday morning works good so daughter can get back to Toronto and grocery shop or plan meals for the week

On a frugal note was able to transfer a few 100.00 over to our savings ,not an easy feat when we are both not working haven't done that since before xmas . I feel we always gotta have that rainy day fund incase my furnace or car goes .This is due to me not getting out there and shopping I believe as dealing with being sick I haven't gone out as much this month .
    Last edited by coupon girl; Wed, Feb 27th, 2019 at 09:18 AM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

GT has the large package of Cavendish Hashbrowns on for $2.99 (use $1 coupon) Not a bad price at all. My kids like these.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by flemeth View Post
    Good morning all.
    We are having another day of Nasty weather.

I have some of the laughing cow cheese coupon $1.50 so I want to used it up and don’t let it go to waste.
    Also have a couple of the $5.00 glad coupons to used the both exp on 28Feb.

My DH cousin Battle with cancer came to an endnote Monday. We are out every night going to the wake. I need to clean the house since I will have guess from out of town who is coming for the Viewing and Funeral.

I did laundry already , I need to clean the Floors in on the Bed rooms..
    Have a great day everyone
    very sorry to hear about your loss.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Afternoon -well my hairdresser called and cancelled (she is out on the edge of my son's town)so I go Thursday at 11.00.I just finished shovelling our long driveway by hand it (easily fits 3 cars)it was light and we don't have a snow blower when we moved in 20 years ago neighbour asked if we wanted to put 300.00 towards it ,at the time we said yes,hubby wishes we didn't do that now he wishes we had our own -ahh such is life

I am gonna finish my dog puzzle 550 piece ,then maybe clean

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

I made a eye appointment to see what’s up with my blurry vision for today @12pm. They said at the hospital that it was ocular migraine on Sunday. it comes and goes Monday was not as bad, yesterday was little blurry and today it seems it’s back. It’s only 1hour away now for the appointment with the eye care place down the street. Maybe I should call my pharmacy and pick those meds up first then then come back for my eye exam. I don’t have good feelings about this at all. Logistically I still need to get my meds today or have them delivered.

I can think why me later...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Live, Love, Laugh

Trading Score
    288 (100%)

@flemeth my condolences to you and your family

Eldest offered to run into GT on his way home, I told him if he's too tired not to bother BUT I sincerely hope he does (lo), the list was short. Getting a few boxes of Flamingo chicken fingers & burgers for those lazy days

Supper tonight is hamburgers & nachos.

Wishing everyone a great day.
    2019 is the year that we continue to save before we buy!!!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    ceil-I called another shoppers to talk to them about scanning code of practise ,they no longer honour old ad signs left up(one store told me about this a about a month ago)and my regular store doesn't honour old ad signs left up either but still honour scanning code if the item rings up different than the regular price shelf label,so I guess there have been a few changes one manager read me the page out of her booklet
    I am so tempted to contact the Retail Council of Canada to update their list if that is indeed the situation. Would not surprise me if other store do the same thing, not honouring the code or nor longing part of program.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@flemeth -my condolences on your relative's passing. Please do something for yourself each day (self-care) too to help you recharge or relax prior to bedtime. Grayrock anyone testing the limits of your emotional boundaries--you deserve respect too.
    ((Hugs))

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

February 27-nice light snow so plastic push shovel made short work of the walkways and driveway. Have to activate my new bankcard next month but have put it off. Found a Feb. 28 coupon that won't be used>removed from coupon wallet.

Having a few visitors over tomorrow night and still have to get a couple of things today and do a little baking as well so I can enjoy the visit. Bought salsa at Sobeys yesterday and will see what kind of bean chips Fortinos carries.

Was watching Heal the documentary a second time on Netflix and loved these words: "focus on the possibilities you want, not on the possibilities you don't want." Taking that literally as we are not on the same page of consulting each other when we can have one daily meeting to determine what paperwork needs doing at convenient time for all. I am not liking the demands by either family member to produce stuff I already sorted and have yet to finely look over but I am not holding onto those files. They have locations-why should I have to explain or get everything without getting my request heard? Don't have time for that energy.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Check online if you can to see if any stores or libraries or schools are closing at 5pm or 5:30pm.
    Hamilton Public Library will close all service locations at 5pm.
    McMaster University is closing at 5:30pm.
    There's a Fabricland store in the Vaughan area closing before suppertime. Check the chain's Twitter feed.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

My eyes are good they put drops in them so I cannot see anything up close or it’s blurry and light sensitive with the drops in. She thinks it’s just the ocular migraine so she told me to go back to my GP and possibly get further testing from him. I also paid 40$ for some retina testing. So I am flat broke now. I am laying in bed doing nothing because everything is rather blurry and very very bright.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Live, Love, Laugh

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Sorry for your loss Flemeth
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast

Thread Information