User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: osap

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

we sadly, did not. the changes concern me alot.
    i will see how it goes once they apply for next years osap.
    me thinks we will not be doing a home improvement project this year . we had been hoping to redo the drive way... oy.
    Ciel likes this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Going to mention this is a good time to see which bursaries, grants, scholarship deadlines exist from now to early April-via schools, community and non-profit groups, corporations (employee programs for offspring to apply or annual essay contests), community foundations and even shows. Never know where there's money to aim for to help with the cost of schooling.

And senior high school students who are craft types might want to see if their area crafting and quilting groups might have bursaries/essay contests for individuals planning on arts studies at post-secondary level.
    Giseledta likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    we sadly, did not. the changes concern me alot.
    i will see how it goes once they apply for next years osap.
    me thinks we will not be doing a home improvement project this year . we had been hoping to redo the drive way... oy.
    Has your college student applied for any summer student work with Oakville or Halton Region? That might help them financially. Some municipalities are still taking summer applications (Hamilton) but some have closed their application processes already. Think I have a jobs thread in Local>Ontario>Hamilton or the Mississauga thread mentioning Oakville summer jobs. Also the college may have summer camp leadership jobs if the campus offers day camps (but they may not run beyond July/August).
    Giseledta likes this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

i am actully hoping they move back home for the summer . there is a job at the local potters guild they could apply for.
    and they just started a pt job at the the collage . 9 hours a week. its not much. but it has the posiblility of them doing it all 4 years they are there. and its in thier field.
    Ciel likes this.
    or Swagbucks
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

My younger DD is taking OSAP I also would like to see how this plays out. She is in her second year of University. She does have some RESP . But it will not be enough for 3rd year.
    Giseledta, Ciel and walkonby like this.

University Couponer
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

So lucky to be out come this April (although I have to deal with the Grace Period Changes). I can't imagine what it must be like for those still in/entering school. Tons more loans, a lot less grants, and a little bit off tuition. I'm gonna end up graduating with $29,000 in OSAP debt, and I'll still have an Educational LOC with about $7,500 on it come graduation. Hoping for some money from family to help a little bit, but I know it's gonna be a long, hard road to repayment.
    Ciel and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Reminder to anyone in post-secondary school-check your school portal to print off the two copies of any tuition related T-slips. The slips might be available already.
    Either you or a parent will need the slips to claim the amounts for personal non-refundable tax credits on an income tax return.
    Giseledta likes this.

University Couponer
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Reminder to anyone in post-secondary school-check your school portal to print off the two copies of any tuition related T-slips. The slips might be available already.
    Either you or a parent will need the slips to claim the amounts for personal non-refundable tax credits on an income tax return.
    Printed mine off just the other day. A whopping $12k in credit claims for me, none going to my parents this year. Need to save up as much in credits as I can for next tax year when I will actually have a job to use the credits for.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

yep. its on my childs todo list.
    or Swagbucks

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information