User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: Carbon Tax Rebate - April 1, 2019 - How will you receive it?

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by brunt View Post
    Yup, so if I have the government spin right - it will increase government revenues, not hurt companies and will return more to taxpayers than they put in?

I understand the need for taxes, but I really don't like be lied to about them.
    Yup the gov is like the carbon tax will cost you $ 300 per year, we are giving you $ 350 rebate, you just made 50 bucks.

It is more like the carbon tax will cost you $ 600 per year and you just lost 250 bucks after the $ 350 rebate.

Nothing but a tax grab. Plus what are they going to do with all the tax and revenue collected?

Are they going to use it for pollution, environment, global warming, green energy etc? Or will it just go in politicians salaries, golden pensions, their own agendas and pet projects? I am sure the money will be diverted somewhere else for their own and party benefits.
    ROMEO, dagney, barbis9 and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Turbo Tax has a New line for this now, as shown below. Plus you have choose if you live outside an urban area as the rebate is 10℅ higher in rural areas.

New! Climate Action Incentive (CAI) federal credit available for residents of Ontario
    ROMEO, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

My cousin has a business in Saskatoon. One of his suppliers, as of Jan. 1st, announced a 5% across the board increase due to the carbon tax. Meanwhile my wage increase is zero, zero and zero. Please remember this as school buses, hospitals, school and municipalities will all need increased dollars to fill their gas tanks and heat their buildings and buy their supplies. Meanwhile all suppliers of all products will be forced to increase their prices.
    Last edited by dagney; Tue, Jan 15th, 2019 at 12:08 PM.
    Ciel likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I think the economy will slow down considerably after this tax. Maybe not a recession, but slow down most likely.

Alberta is already in a baf state - due to low oil prices.
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tjthemanto View Post
    Sadly the Carbon Tax will be permanent. The rebates will be only temporary for 4 years. After that you are on your own.

Plus I don't believe the gov figures, the Carbon Tax will cost the average family much more annually than they are forecasting. The rebates won't really cover that or offset it.
    OK, that might be enough to convince me to allocate my rebate to the opportunity fund or the option at the end of the tax return to help government pay down debt. Better get used to the notion, then I won't be able to spend it and won't miss it after the four-year rebate run.

Schedule 14 is the tax form to claim the rebate. Residents outside of Census Metropolitan areas (Ontario) can apply for a 10% supplemental rebate in addition to their basic amount.

This is the act that is responsible for the carbon tax pricing imposed on transportation entities:
    https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-age...icing-act.html
    Last edited by Ciel; Tue, Jan 22nd, 2019 at 12:40 PM.
    ROMEO likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Yup the gov is like the carbon tax will cost you $ 300 per year, we are giving you $ 350 rebate, you just made 50 bucks.

It is more like the carbon tax will cost you $ 600 per year and you just lost 250 bucks after the $ 350 rebate.

Nothing but a tax grab. Plus what are they going to do with all the tax and revenue collected?

Are they going to use it for pollution, environment, global warming, green energy etc? Or will it just go in politicians salaries, golden pensions, their own agendas and pet projects? I am sure the money will be diverted somewhere else for their own and party benefits.
    Oh, you just made me recall the Ontario Tire Stewardship program that got disbanded. http://rethinktires.ca/used-tires-pr....yQRMXp9z.dpbs
    ROMEO likes this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Hold onto that "big coin" price of everything might be going up. Food, groceries, utilities.
    Ciel likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by dyalect View Post
    Hold onto that "big coin" price of everything might be going up. Food, groceries, utilities.
    I am already noticing it this year. Groceries seem to be way overpr this winter as opposed to last winter.😕
    Ciel and walkonby like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

All the tax software have this by default, so no need to apply manually.

But you have to choose urban or rural area.
    Ciel likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

Higher Carbon Tax Rebates this year as compared to last year.

n Ontario, Manitoba and Saskatchewan, the payments, based on household size, are higher than last year's.
    For example, a single person in Ontario received $154 last year, but is eligible for $224 this year. A family of four in Saskatchewan received $609 last year, but is eligible for $809 this year.
    Ciel likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

2020, 2021 & 2022 Rates - Increase every year

https://img.huffingtonpost.com/asset..._630_noupscale
    Ciel likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

2020 for ON

Single - $ 226
    Couple - $ 339
    Child - $56
    Family of 4 - $451
    ROMEO and Ciel like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

The rebates will be only temporary for 4 years. After that you are on your own.
    Is this true? Where can I find more information about this
    Ciel likes this.
    Tangerine Orange Key: 44930324S1

Get free $50 bonus when you use my key to open a new Tangerine chequing or savings account.
    I'll even send you an additional $20 via etransfer making it a total of $70!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

NO family is going to come ahead with this rebate. Some families will just about break even, but most will end up paying more. No way this Carbon tax is revenue neutral.

A $400 rebate is no good, when you end up paying
    $1,000 more for gas, utilities (hydro/heating), plus indirectly more to purchase goods as businesses are not absorbing this cost, the carbon tax they have to pay they are just adding it to the consumer goods and end user consumer pays for it! Even groceries are more as transport cost (gas) has gone up due to this tax at the pumps.
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information