User Tag List

Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast
Like Tree1698Likes

Thread: March 2019 Frugal Chatter Thread

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

We had a nice visit with DD in Vancouver this weekend. Unfortunately my elderly Mum took a tumble injuring herself on Monday-we sibs are taking turns taking care of her so I will be heading to Toronto in April to do my part. Finally starting to warm up and melt some here-I think we have all found it a very long winter.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

sassy so nice of you to be so understanding to co-workers it sure goes a long way

Oh no lizzie hope your dear mom is okay ,that is the worst fear falling when elderly ,never mind I fell down those few basement stairs last month but we fixed the problem now treads on them and I am trying to remember to always hang on to railing

Oh did I mention I slept til 7.30 a.m this morning -9 hours of sleep ,wow must of needed it . We will be up early in the morning to head off for the day to babysit Sebastian
    wendymac, Natalka, barbis9 and 4 others like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I feel like I just figured out the shoppers milk offer and it’s gone. But I did see Neilson is on sale at RCSS and there is a coupon for 1.00 so that will be my milk choice for the week. @Ciel my parents sold the house two days before my dad passed. Crazy, but they had decided it was time to downsize. So my mom found a place that is seniors only lots of widows and widowers and they really do take care of each other. They play cards a few times a week and meet for coffee every day. My mom loves to cook and at least once a week she has people over for dinner. I am so happy this is where she chose to live.
    wendymac, Natalka, barbis9 and 2 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Remember to save your PC Optimum offers.
    barbis9, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Woo hoo. Next weeks PCO offers are up and the milk offer is there for my account.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by greentires4me View Post
    So I went to the doctors yesterday he thinks I pulled the tendons in my foot. He told me to use my crutches more before I really hurt myself.

I am butt end of everyone’s jokes.

My mom wants me to hold a clutz party. She said it would be fun. Or more like funny like a pun.

I tried to get this water bottle Bluetooth speaker off someone downstairs by trading two packs of cigarettes, sugar, instant coffee and $10. And they said no. I know they paid $25 for it so what they think I was low balling them? Because a trade is a trade.

Anyways I crutched to the corner store and almost died it hurt so much. I bought two cans of pop and marshmallow bananas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hmmm low balling.. here i know a pack of 20 du maurier cigarettes is 17 dollars and change... seems from a northern Canada perspective that offer was not low!

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
    ROMEO, barbis9 and Ciel like this.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

Quote Originally Posted by saundyl View Post
    Hmmm low balling.. here i know a pack of 20 du maurier cigarettes is 17 dollars and change... seems from a northern Canada perspective that offer was not low!

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
    Yes they were name brand cigs there is also a black market of cheap smokes that is rampant for $5 compared “palm mall” is 11.60$ at this one store that doesn’t charge tax.

So they thought I was ripping them off with cheap smokes I had real “Next” the kind that their daughter liked. But they were all about money.

can you see where money gets tight? where pay day isn’t until next Wednesday.

ROMEO, barbis9 and Ciel like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

Yesterday I went to a creepy pervert gynaecologist. I didn’t know he was going to do a physical exam when I said i was uncomfortable he still said “get over myself everyone has to do it’s part of the whole process.” His receptionist was asking personal questions like my “marital status” and “if I do work”...I was thinking just charge MSP is that so hard to understand. Then they wanted to know why I was on crutches. Considering I was on crutches before I got the call for gynaecologist.

I want to make a complaint to the physicians college of BC. Over my experience. On rate MDs .com his rating is poor and I can see why they said exactly what I said. All he cared about I think some way was feeling me up he looked like he took some pleasure in it. I have never made a complaint like this ever. I also never been in this situation where a professional has over stepped their boundaries with the patient in question.
    I thought to myself no wonder there was no wait time to get into see him.

Anyways...I didn’t get my med delivery until 8pm when he told me on the phone 7:30pm. He blamed on the pharmacist being busy. I took them and racket above me started at 10pm. Sounds like it has stopped I got 1hour if sleep before I woke up an hour ago. I don’t exactly feel sleepy, I feel bodily anxious and traumatized.

The No Frills flyer is everything is $2 to 4$. They are making burgers on friday the real expensive kind with real ground meat. I thought of telling them to just to buy premade burgers there cheaper.

And thriftys here has dollar days. It’s the most expensive grocery specialty store in town. I usually can find every land mammal and fish I want there there meat department is huge. They also have wide arrange bakery and cold food deli as well. If I cannot find what I am looking for one day there they bring it in with in 2 days of me saying something. I usually get a deal on buying a case of it. I asked them bring lactose free tzaski and lactose sour cream. I was given the deal of half a box of each for a full box for $20. The ordering clerk said he couldn’t keep
    It on the shelf since I asked him to bring it in. Every time I come to the store I call ahead and get them to save 6 of each product. And sold them for $1 each when he sells them for 3.97$. The last time
    I came into the mall by the time I got to thrifty foods I didn’t arrange to have them hold the product. When I got to the till they came out with a box of half and half for $20. Apparently security called the store and said I was in the mall. I said I was just browsing looking for kombucha tea for someone else and I got some flavours for them to try. I told them I didn’t exactly have a way to carry the box home I didn’t have a granny wagon. He said he would pay for a cab ride home or if the truck isn’t busy he would drive me home personally. He said I am valuable customer/ consumer and he will go out of his way to help me out. He has driven me home 5 times. That’s how many times he has caught me off guard with different products I asked him to bring in for me. There is cashier doesn’t like me for some odd reason. She did one time when I was checking out close her till and went on break. And there was no other cashiers...it didn’t frustrate me it frustrated all the other customers behind me. I didn’t make a complaint some other lady did. I was told she wasn’t working there anymore She’s now a cashier at save on foods. Good for her I don’t shop there that’s way more over priced then thrifty foods and you do get value in their store brand products even though save on foods was born and bred in small town of
    Kamloops I believe.

Anyway I have to find someone to go with on next Wednesday to the stores to buy much needed supplies. I might have to pay a friend of mine to take my granny wagon with me to the stores then take a handicap van taxi home. It’s more room the the hybrid taxi cars they drive. Awfully expensive day it will be.

I have GP appointment today I and I will be getting a ride to it. By a mental health care worker I have. Maybe I will have to ask her about next Wednesday pay day. She is usually awfully busy but if I just make it just simple small short trips in key stores like shoppers drug mart, thriftys and no frills. I guess it be a good idea to make a shopping list now and go from there.

I wish I knew more friends with cars I would pay for gas.

Speaking of people my sister is buying me an iTunes gift card and I am paying her back. She couldn’t deliver it yesterday so she is giving it to me after work today from Milestones. Where she works as a supervisor waitress. I can tell she doesn’t enjoy her work there anymore and has become very agitated and short tempered. Her first job was at the pantry as a hostess. Then went to milestones(Coquitlam) now works for corporate restaurant in guildford(Surrey). She also teaches yoga for pure oxygen chain. She’s a natural and it shows in all her poses and her interpretations of a routine and her sessions usually fill up in 20mins once advertised.

Anyways I hope everyone has a good day and go for the deal hunter of the day and report back.

Last edited by greentires4me; Thu, Mar 14th, 2019 at 05:11 AM.
    ROMEO and Ciel like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good morning! Today is my Friday

Went for a drink and chat with my bestie. We went to PIE that opened in our area a year ago. I just happened to rip a coupon from paper on weekend for a free pizza Sun-Wed. I was able to get a $19.45 pizza free!!! We had a good visit.

Have a stress-free day at work today which is nice. Just clean up the little things that I need off my desk. Good way to start a 3 day weekend.

Enjoy the day
    wendymac, Natalka, ROMEO and 1 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good morning Everyone,
    Nice to be back in my home office and the comforts of home, although I will say the hotel I stayed in was pretty nice it is one of those new style suite hotels with a full size fridge, microwave and induction cook top. They also have free breakfast so that is always a nice perk especially when travelling for work.

Tonight after work I should really stop at No Frills grab some milk and maybe some fresh fruit and veg. I still need to take a look at their flyer and see what is on sale. I don't plan to pick up much as I am pretty sure we are going to go Costco Shopping Saturday so we will probably go to Costco then Superstore and do a large shop.

Mom has to change her diet a bit for health reasons so we need to find new things for her to eat as right now I just keep hearing how she can't eat anything (she is the focusing on what she cannot have stage) so I need to find some sort of snack item she can eat that is low in sodium. We do not really buy that many pre made snacks but now that she knows she cannot chips it seems to be her focus so I will see if we can find her something else.

Also need to look up what foods are good for her and pick some of those up, she was reading me the list last night but I will be honest I was working at the time and now cannot remember. I do remember pointing out there were a lot of items on the list she likes so really it is just making sure we buy those items and that they get eaten. Mom can be bad for buying thing and not eating it so it gets thrown out which then usually means I stop adding it to the grocery list as it gets thrown out and these are usually items I do not eat. Oh well we will get it figured out.

Back to work I go and see what I can get done before our meeting at 11. Have a great day everyone
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

Apparently there is a free sample on checkout 51...I got mine early this morning it was in a different form make sure you get yours.

Giseledta, barbis9 and Ciel like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Good afternoon, Smart Canucks!

I was on the Home Outfitters website and noticed the FAQ link indicates that liquidation sales begin TOMORROW and all sales will be FINAL SALE. http://homeoutfitters.com/ho-faq/

If you made a Home Outfitters purchase prior to March 15, 2019, you can return it. ^^^^But read the FAQs!
    I was looking at a gift registry on the website and noticed the FAQs state that registries will be moved to the HBC site and where items exist at HBC that are the same as the HO ones, those items will appear, else registrants will have to choose alternate items with their consultants.

Got a save the date card for one relative and of course, am checking to see if the known gift registries have any item updates too.

Cooked up a 50% off (found at Fortino's yesterday) Floating Leaf Wild Rice and Quinoa stuffing kit (the grains with dehydrated seasonings and added in the supplied dried cranberries, which took the edge of the taste of barley grains (not a fan)). I mixed white kidney beans into the grain mix after it was cooked and yes, tasty protein for breakfast!

Had 30 cents in container refunds. Activated my new debit card but still have to resolve the online card access issue-did not enter my password correctly and hit my limit of tries yesterday (plus I kept getting error messages and no, I did not have the CAPS LOCK key on). The reset option involves a code sent to home phone to type on the screen (not useful for me) but as I'm online out of the house, I'll have to visit my branch to get the matter fixed.

The rain happened this morning and now Ms. Sunshine is making an appearance again. Hope no more rain comes along--there is still ice in the backyard. Have to be patient another day or two before I can trim branches.
    Giseledta, Natalka and barbis9 like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@lizzie bargain Glad to know that your siblings are all pitching in with your Mom's care. With the coming changes to home care in Ontario, LHINs are about to become part of a super health agency on April 1. Hope the siblings in Toronto are keeping you in the loop. So I guess the new agency will control home care requests/assessments. Poor Mum! She's probably rattled and feeling a little personal pride lost.
    @SassyAshley -I think getting Mom off of chips will be super hard until there's time to try new options that provide a similar crunch and feeling of getting full. For what it's worth, the low-salt Lay's chips might be of use if Mom won't eat the whole bag at one time. I know I can do that under stress, so chopped veggies to snack on at night are key to have in the fridge. Maybe she can have a salty snack (small) if she cuts or reduces added salt in other cooking or dishes. I find it challenging to season things without salt (guessing which herbs she might be fine with varies on the day and dish) if I expect Mom to eat something. Salt to her is just like bread-she has to have it, even if there are other herbs or starches present in a meal. Drives me into a tizzy!
    @greentires4me - yes, workplaces can be challenging and you seem supportive of your sister's efforts to hold her own. Maybe she knows someone through yoga who can direct her to employment services where she can see if there is a counsellor willing to help her transition to another place so she can leave the stress of hospitality services, provided she can get a similar paycheque (the usual bottom line-have to cover needs and some wants). I found out two people I know lost their jobs recently but they have a buffer for a period of time while they work through things and figure where the next jobs will be.
    As for the doctor, definitely put in a complaint if you felt that the doctor's conduct was improper. As for the questions asked by receptionist, take a look at whether the BC human rights legislation has anything to say about them.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@lilo0003 Last night, I told Mom about your son and mother's visit together and she recognized the importance of their caring and sharing with the other seniors in the building. While I expect my Mom will have friends over in better weather, I intend to help her add in a few new people to expand her acquaintances and age groups.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

evening all. long day. just long. but it had its high points.

youngest is going to her boyfriends parents cottage for the weekend. it should prove to be interesting
    she will be back sunday.

i am planning a pretty relaxed weekend. i am hoping to get to the bbq on saturday... hmmm.
    beyond that pretty boring here.
    wendymac, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Page 10 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast

Thread Information