User Tag List

Fairly Experienced
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I went to ValuFoods to pick up some Puritan chili that I thought was on sale, 4/5.00. When the cashier rang it in it came up as 2.49 each. I said that I saw in their ad it was 4/5.00 so he looked at the ad (see attachment). They had the Stew on sale but he said since it said "select varieties" that means only some of the stuff is on sale even though it's mentioned in the ad. Is that correct? I just thought it meant there were different varieties of "Puritan" products or "Chef Boyardee". There's not just one item made by either brand. It's the first time I've run into this situation. I put the chili back on the shelf because I wasn't spending 2.49 for a can of chili, especially when it was only mild!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    This thread is currently associated with: Valufoods

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

It says right in the ad Chili i would of taken it to their customer service. I would check tho that the can size is within what their ad says and obviously you would have to of tried to purchase 4 of them

Fairly Experienced
    Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Thatdone View Post
    It says right in the ad Chili i would of taken it to their customer service. I would check tho that the can size is within what their ad says and obviously you would have to of tried to purchase 4 of them
    They're just a relatively small store in a small town. There's not really any "customer service dept" there. They don't even accept coupons. There's a handful of employees, mostly a family from Lebanon and a few people left over from when it was a Foodland under a different owner. The cashier was one of the "higher up" people there, so for what it was worth I didn't bother arguing. I had other stuff to get anyway, so I just put the chili back. Had it been a bigger store and a bigger chain (ie Sobeys or Superstore) maybe I'd pressed a bit more. I personally think it meant Puritan with their varieties like stew and chili (mild or hot), and Chef Boyardee with their varities (like Ravioli, Beefaroni, Spaghetti etc).

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I’d have pointed out that it specifically says ‘chili’. And asked why was your choice not the same.
    I have run into price matching problems when the ad says select varieties and the picture only shows a specific one. The store price matching has made me stick with the pictured type.
    I think that is fair - they are, after all, selling at a loss (or a lower, unexpected, profit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    My Orange Key 44990243S1

https://surveys.gobranded.com/users/...f49b113b291653

Starting a new Chapter in the Golden Horseshoe in 2017!

Thread Information