User Tag List

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree1395Likes

Thread: April 2019 Frugal Chatter Thread (spring, is that you?)

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

Good morning all..

I woke up to a car alarm going off at 3am. I did manage to go back to sleep not first eating things I think. It was very hot yesterday at a staggering 24C today it’s suppose to be the same. But I don’t see any glimmers of sun outside my window.

Someone I don’t call a friend anymore the other day asked for a ride home from downtown Vancouver via taxi and I told them I don’t have over 200$ to spend on something like that. I told them to take a bus they could be home at 12:30am. Anyway they brought home their roommate from the hospital when he wasn’t ready to be discharged and no one has seen hide or hair of him. Well she said she was going to lawyer up and go after the building operator for something. But the issue for everyone in the building is that she doesn’t have a leg to stand on she lies and lies some more and deals drugs and gives drugs to people who are mentally unwell. If that came to light in court of law she be on the opposite receiving end of going to jail.

My amazon package is in customs at yvr. Since yesterday maybe by Wednesday I will have it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by greentires4me; Tue, Apr 2nd, 2019 at 10:44 AM.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Going to heat up my lunch soon then go to RCSS to get a bunch of coupons. I am making a coupon folder for my bestie since she is finally open to it!!!! it's only been 29 years that I have been trying to get her on board lol

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I posted this in the old March thread, but I’ll share it here as well. I find it impressive and encouraging to see it tracked this way.

This was my savings from March.

Total: $581.12

Stuff Sold
    $40 - March

Coupons redeemed
    $64.54 - March

10% off Tuesday @ Sobeys
    $20.56 - March

Air Miles
    $40 - March

PCO - No Frills
    $10 - March

Amazon.ca - earned gift cards through Swagbucks
    $94 - March

SCOP (amount item scanned for)
    $246.67 - March

Humpty’s
    $10 - March

Gift cards received
    $10 WM gift card - March
    $20 Sobeys gift cards - March

Found Money
    $0.25 - March
    $0.10 Canadian Tire Money - March

Found Stuff
    March - winning Tim’s coffee cup

Wins
    March - Victorious women’s conference Makeup door prize
    $25 - Mr. Mikes gift card
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

University Couponer
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Frugalbigmama View Post
    Going to heat up my lunch soon then go to RCSS to get a bunch of coupons. I am making a coupon folder for my bestie since she is finally open to it!!!! it's only been 29 years that I have been trying to get her on board lol
    That always seems to be a struggle... To get a friend or family member to start couponing. Thank goodness my father and family friend didn't take THAT long to get at least on the coupon train. My father is still hesitant, but he says once he retires in less than 3yrs that he will get into it the same way I do. And I swear my family friend is beating ME in couponing skills in some aspects. She is getting better at it everyday and almost the second I introduce something new, she is more than eager to learn and jumps right in! I think almost anyone would be if through couponing their grocery bills go from $1000/month down to $300/month!!

Had a presentation yesterday for my 4th year strategy class and after stressing about it for about a month, we did it and we did AMAZING! I was terrified as I normally am with presenting, but I knew my part so well I barely used my cue card (SINGULAR, only one, compared to the like 10 I would normally use), made good eye contact with the audience (board members and staff from Gateway of Niagara), and good use of my voice (level, tone, etc.). Some of the audience members came up to me afterward, one I knew well, and the other said I had a very good, soothing voice for the presentation which I was surprised about!

All in all, I expect we will get at least close to an 80% on this AND it is worth 25%!!

Finally, got an email today from RCSS for a one day points offer on Cashmere TP and Sponge Towels Ultra for tomorrow (Buy 2; 12=24 TP and 6 Ultra PT, Get 5,000Pts!!). Planning on getting 4 of each for my family friend since I have the Cashmere coupons... Here is our deal...

Cashmere TP(4): $47.92 - PM(Freshco; $27.96 OFF) = $22.55 - $4.00(4 @ $1 Coupon) = $18.55/4
    Sponge Towels (4): $35.92 - PM(Sobeys; $15.96 OFF) = $22.55

Points Earned...
    20,000Pts (5,000Pts/2 * 4)
    7,200Pts (1,200Pts/$6 Personal Offer)
    = 27,200Pts

Total After Points = $13.90/8pks

So hopefully 4 of each will do her family for some time...

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

While reviewing bank statements that came by mail for my parents' accounts, I saw that RBC had included an insert about bank fee changes effective June 1, 2019. What I'd like to know is why the bank stopped reversing the monthly fee on Mom's account for the second month in a row. She knows I will jot some things for her to discuss at the bank this week because she did not stop being a senior after Dad passed away--don't know how a couple of account transfers would have affected that rebate. Looking through the website regarding Senior's Rebate and Multiproduct Rebate has not clarified matters.
    Giseledta, barbis9 and lilo0003 like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I just had a lovely visit with my sister-in-law ,didnt go visit my brother as he was having tests done today .I took her a pkg of toilet paper just as a nice gesture and i paid 3.99 after cpn ,gave her 3 tops from my daughter .I really listened to her for a few hours its hard i just wanted to be there for her .

I am doing a load of laundry for her ,will get it to her in a few days as I have to hang a lot of clothing .She thanked me .
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning all
    Laundry is folded and put away
    I tided my stock room yesterday and came to the conclusion I don’t need to shop for a while for Laundry products.
    I packed up 2 big boxes of stuff for the Food Bank.
    Today will be busy as usual.
    Going to walk my Fur baby now
    Have a great day all

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

flemeth -i didnt buy laundry soap for a good 9 months ,so now I am down to about 6 of laundry soap and fabric softner so I will start to purchase them when they are 2.99 with a coupon ,just looked at my stock downstairs I don't need cleaning supplies for awhile except dish soap ,I spent extra this month on groceries but then again I stocked up on toilet paper , a few canned goods soups,chili etc
    I am also down to 2 shampoo's and 2 conditioners so I will wait for good sale with a coupon

I need to go to library today get my holds picked up,maybe swing by the beer store take empties back I got from son-in-law and the ones I found
    barbis9, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

morning all.
    a sweet little spark came around selling girl guide cookies. i may have a soft spot for them as i was aleader for 8 yrs. i may also be eating vanilla ones ofr breakfast.... i am not fond of th4 chocolate ones. hubby will eat those....

so, my next 2 weekends will be helping my mom. he renos are going faster then expected.. and yea. we get to pack 2 major rooms. i am not so pleased. i was really hoping to have my middle child help her with some of this. and have her be able to go through some stuff .. sigh

ok. park. for the am. marble painting, drive way stuff with plasma cars for the afternoon. snack outside.
    just me and hubby for supper tonight. he is picking up packing boxes, i am getting dog food. supper is chicken with ham and swiss. mixed veggies, and garlic butter rice.
    wendymac, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning!

I thawed a peameal roast and will fry that up with eggs and toast for dinner. It was an oldy from the freezer .

Left the house with a clean kitchen. 2 loads of laundry are folded in the laundry room and just need to fold the towels in the dryer and put them away. Will put another load in washer tonight including DS's school uniform. While cooking dinner I am going to wipe down all the shelves in the fridge. It is nice and empty. Has really helped me in making sure I take stuff out of the freezer and plan meals. Have used up a few really old packages of meat this week which is great.
    Giseledta, wendymac, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I will be getting up early on Saturday and hitting SDM. Getting the water table for my fav little people for their June birthday! Perfect timing! I am going to visit the 2nd weekend in June so I can give it to them early.
    Giseledta, wendymac, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Well I just hung my towel load out ,it may dry as its a bit breezy and 6 degrees right now

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    i didnt buy laundry soap for a good 9 months ,so now I am down to about 6 of laundry soap and fabric softner so I will start to purchase them when they are 2.99 with a coupon
    If you use Purex, Persil or Sunlight, a B3G1 rebated via PayPal promo just started this week. https://cleanupwithsavings.com/en/Default.aspx
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

i dont have paypal ,i dont really want to get that for the rebate

turned in $4.70 in wine /beer bottles found on walks with cara ,and my son-in-law gave me 3 grocery bags too

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Mr. Wind is being very 30kph+ today! Lovely sunny and bright sky with snow and regular white clouds.

Popped into Home Outfitters last night-like @coupon girl posted, most of store is just 20% off but some items are marked down more with additional 10% off the last price. Was surprised to see clearance shoes and clothes from the Bay on the east side of store. Bought Mom a 2 pk of pillows (they were not sold as singles) and got 20% off the $60 price (Mom had paid $14 each last time so she was shocked at the price but the Bay does not have these pillows).
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information