User Tag List

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree1395Likes

Thread: April 2019 Frugal Chatter Thread (spring, is that you?)

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Went to No Frills to get out of the office and just walk around and see if any deals. Nope. And noticed many increased prices.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Well hubby and i are having a treat today wings /fries coleslaw for supper tonight -ordering out but bringing in to our house a small local wing place

Oh and mr.wind dried my towels plus got 32.25 checkout51 cheque cashed from the bank today

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

So I was really excited because I am getting a big tax return, that lasted a day because today the furnace was finally declared dead. It’s really old but has run like a beast for years. At least we don’t have to rush as the gas fireplace can keep the house warm. I also need to call and cancel the service plan no point in paying that since the gas is off and the furnace tagged. It will give us lots of room in the furnace room because now they are so tiny compared to what we had. We were ready for it, but still would have like to not buy a new furnace this month.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

lilo-i hear you our furnace is old also so we are just playing that waiting game too

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I had a hectic start to my morning. I was called last minute to teach at the high school again. My part-time employee was able to come and care for the children while I taught at the high school. I did a quick shop at No Frills on the way home. I used $8 in coupons and earned points towards another purchase. I was disappointed with their fresh produce and ultimately was unable to use some produce offers. I carried over the offers that I could.

Some illnesses have been trying to make theor le their way through our house over the last week or so. My sinuses are quite congested. Dh isn’t feeling that great. The kids seem to be on the mend. One of my daycare girls seems to have a different illness.

I don’t know if I posted it here or not. I have a new daycare boy starting text week. He’ll be full-time and is the same age as one of my daycare girls. I’m expecting to lose my oldest full-time daycare girl next month. I’ll keep an eye out for potential older daycare kids. These 2 full-time kids still makes my finances fairly secure, so I’m happy about that.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    lilo-i hear you our furnace is old also so we are just playing that waiting game too
    Lol, it really was a game. The furnace is 37 years old and about 12 yrs ago they told us We should consider replacing it because newer is more efficient. Of course newer ones last 12- 15 years so I figure I won that game
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

our furnace will go at some point.. right now it i ok. i am hoping to get windows done first. sigh

ok, i need to come up with plan b for tomorrow. forcast is rain. lots of rain. sigh. that is ok. at least i have notice. i can come up with plan b.
    this seems to be my week for plan b. i am doing that alot this week. sigh.

any hoo.

plan for today, park and a s much outide time a poisbile. 89% chance of rain tomorrow. so yea .

tonight i am hoping to take 30 min with the puppies while i am out with them and work on my backyard.

i am changing ,my gardens. ...
    i need to check to see if the asperagus and garlic is coming up. ad general yard clean up.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

ok question of the day.

if you buy off amazon , what do you buy

becasue of my sb, and other stuff .i get a bit of amazon ,money. i never cash out for paypal. any hoo... so... i try to buy things the house needs. .. vacume, furnace filters ect. or saves money.. drying rack ect
    lately its food.. ect... dish soap and cat treats are coming in on friday

what are your go to things
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    ok question of the day.

if you buy off amazon , what do you buy

becasue of my sb, and other stuff .i get a bit of amazon ,money. i never cash out for paypal. any hoo... so... i try to buy things the house needs. .. vacume, furnace filters ect. or saves money.. drying rack ect
    lately its food.. ect... dish soap and cat treats are coming in on friday

what are your go to things
    I have really only bought gifts/books/movies (don't buy them anymore now with Netflix etc. But now that I started Swagbucks I plan to do the same as you. Save up for a house need
    Angela273, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Oh my it is almost Friday! I folded the load of clothing in dryer this morning and washed the cookie sheet and frying pan. Then I cleaned the stove because I made a mess with eggs. Happy I did that all this morning so I don't go home to the mess.
    Dinner tonight. I don't feel like cooking and cleaning the kitchen. But I don't want to feed my family crap. (and I don't want to just put fries etc in the oven) Will figure out a plan.

While at No Frills I noticed regular prices have really gone up. Oatmeal is $3.57 I think it said (Quaker- sale price $1.88-1.99 and then use coupon) so happy I have some at home to use up but will watch for sale for sure and use the current coupon so I am stocked up. Armstrong cheese that was on sale the last few weeks for $3.77 (less .75 coupon) was in a bunker with large sign for $6.25. Crazy!!
    Ciel and lilo0003 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    So I was really excited because I am getting a big tax return, that lasted a day because today the furnace was finally declared dead. It’s really old but has run like a beast for years. At least we don’t have to rush as the gas fireplace can keep the house warm. I also need to call and cancel the service plan no point in paying that since the gas is off and the furnace tagged. It will give us lots of room in the furnace room because now they are so tiny compared to what we had. We were ready for it, but still would have like to not buy a new furnace this month.
    @lilio 0003 we are also playing the waiting game with our furnace it can go any time it’s more than 40 yrs old. But it’s still working.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    74 (100%)

Good morning, everyone. Just made up the weekly grocery list and here's some of the bargain prices I'm pursuing.

Giant Tiger: cavendish hashbrowns 750g $1, green giant veg .88 limit 6, carver's bacon 375g $1.99.
    Metro: Andy 3 pack romaine $1.99.
    Freshco: hothouse tomatoes .69/lb, beef sirloin tip roast $3.99/lb.
    Foodland: Kraft cheese bars $3.97.
    Rexall: Sponge Ultra towels 6 pack $4.77 -$1@51checkout.
    barbis9, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I just cleaned out my coupon bag (goodbye $1 Cavendish coupon (I tossed 2) I used 14 this past week with the GT flyer.

Loaded my PC Pts. I have personal pt offers for all meat (chicken x 2, pork, beef) so if I find any awesome clearance deals I am ready. Otherwise no meat purchases this week needed.
    My 2nd card has the best offers. 3000 pts per $30 at No Frills and 2000 pts per $20 on gas. Will aim to use both this week and finally get that card over $20 in pts.
    Angela273, Ciel and lilo0003 like this.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by flemeth View Post
    @lilio0003 we are also playing the waiting game with our furnace it can go any time it’s more than 40 yrs old. But it’s still working.
    I trust you've looked into the cost of new, more efficient ones relative to how much you could save because they use less fuel. We replaced ours a few years ago after looking at this.
    barbis9, Ciel and lilo0003 like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Afternoon -I just went to the library and then popped into shoppers to get seniors discount -they missed giving me the 10,000 points for seniors spending 50 or more so I called and its a glitch and they know the stores which are missing the points so it will be added in 48 hours she said -so I will be watching

I had to get a few over counter meds and easter chocolate for the grandkids (cara doesn't eat chocolate so she kids toddler granola bars )

I noticed a few prices creeping up like shoppers always had pears .99 now they are 1.29 and frugalbigmama I am pretty sure Walmart has the quaker instant oatmeal on for 4/8.00 as it sure has gone up in price

I got boomchicka popcorn after seniors discount my personal points offer and checkout51 I paid 2.23 a bag

Even life brand over the counter meds went up in price ,don't want to discuss which ones but a lot of prices are increasing I am noticing

Oh and yesterday called for one bill and the other I went in person ,so got 2 bills reduced so that's pretty frugal
    Last edited by coupon girl; Thu, Apr 4th, 2019 at 01:33 PM.
    barbis9, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Page 3 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information