User Tag List

Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
Like Tree1395Likes

Thread: April 2019 Frugal Chatter Thread (spring, is that you?)

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

I went to Walmart and picked up some wagon wheel pasta for 97cents and a bag of ripe slices olives. I spent 2.90$

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Greetings, all!

It has been a long time since I checked in, but that's good because it means I have been busy and working hard.

I will be going home Saturday! My discharge date was set for Monday, but it made no sense to stay here the extra days for probably only one physio session.

Hope you all have a lovely day!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

YAY, @Natalka ! I'm sure the cat will love to see your face in person again as well as DH and DS!
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Remember when I posted that this month will be a bit lean? I used some of my grocery money towards two shower gifts and while the purchases came just under budget, mailing one was only achieved through the abundant use of stamps (just under $13 worth today-all of those pack purchases by late Dad have been super handy for mailings). The other gift-one part had to be ordered online and it did not have a pick-up in store option ($8 S&H!). The other part I bought in store could not be left for the recipient, so I'll have to see if I can work a date to drop it off on her lunch break.

I learned that the Bay had a recent change to its transfer policy. So despite shopping at the location deemed a pickup point, no success on having purchased item left there (and I decided I would not buy gift for second bride at the store despite stock being there-I'd have been stuck carrying it home too). I should have purchased a gift card at the outset at my local store and shopped from the computer (and saved on bus fares), then one item would have been a pickup and the other a shipped item (that was a tense transaction; twice no luck in getting gift card applied as balance could not be read then later that night, I managed to get the card to work just before I lost the Internet connection and bought the last set of glasses). For the second person, I went off registry and bought items that seemed in sync with relaxed themes and colours seen in some of registry items.

When I went to Fortinos yesterday afternoon (busy for 4pm), I found some reduced priced dragonfruit (2 for $1.99 so got both pkgs), Granny Smith apples, and 2 pkgs of reduced price English cucumbers. I washed and sliced the dragonfruit and one pkg of cucmbers when I got home. Very happy with the finds, especially as today is really warm! Also popped into Longos for some Perrier after I finished gift shopping last night.

Afternoon plan-to pot the hyacinth bulbs from the purchased planter into a flowerbed and see if they might have a second blooming later in the year. We enjoyed the blooms for about two weeks indoors but the snipped plants have just been sitting on the counter lately. Might turn some soil today for mere knowledge that I have started the process in the drizzly rain (yes, it's started and the clouds are ruling the sky now).

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@gieseledta -oatmeal ideas: those banana oatmeal chocolate chip cookies of Angela's, all the fruit crumbles/crisps you can make, make oat flour for use in oat waffles or vegan pot pie:
    https://www.forksoverknives.com/reci...les/#gs.6hi5c1
    https://www.forksoverknives.com/reci...pie/#gs.6hhx2p

Chewy Lemon Oatmeal cookies (lower temp. requires longer baking time)
    https://www.forksoverknives.com/reci...ies/#gs.6hibdn

Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal Bread
    https://www.thewholesomedish.com/app...oatmeal-bread/

Oatmeal ideas for skincare purposes:
    https://helloglow.co/10-oatmeal-for-skin-recipes/

Modelling Clay:
    Turn It Into Modeling Clay
    You can turn old oatmeal into a nontoxic crafting clay for kids to get their creative energies flowing. The Playdough-like clay stays moist for hours, but hardens overnight, making it good for sculpting figurines, bowls, beads, and other goodies you can think of. Combine one cup of instant or rolled oats with flour and a little water. You can also add food coloring for a rainbow of possibilities.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Stopped at Walmart after dropping younger son to school and found honeycomb cereal on for 2.00 I had 7 coupons expiring next week so was happy with my find. I rarely shop there so was happy with my find. Working at home today, which always feels like a treat. @Natalka I am sure you will be so happy to be home again. @lizzie bargain good to hear you mom is recovering and it looks like spring is here so a nice time to be in Ontario.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Value Village sent out another e-mail, indicating that the changes to the Super Savers program (for May 6) are being tested in select areas only. However, there was a 50% off up to $10 coupon included, which expires on April 25. Make sure to check your e-mail!

The areas that are trying out the changes (which still seem like the program before the points stopped and the member cards were abandoned):
    Some stores are participating in a test program.
    • For members in these areas, click here to learn about the test program running in your stores until 5 May 2019, or click here to learn about the program that will launch in your stores on 6 May 2019.
      • Abbotsford, British Columbia
      • Chilliwack, British Columbia
      • Coquitlam, British Columbia
      • Langley, British Columbia
      • Maple Ridge, British Columbia
      • Mission, British Columbia
      • New Westminster, British Columbia
      • Richmond, British Columbia
      • Surrey, British Columbia
      • Vancouver, British Columbia

• For members in these areas, click here to learn about the Super Savers ClubTM points program currently running in your stores, which will continue to run after 5 May 2019.
      • Kamloops, British Columbia
      • Kelowna, British Columbia
      • Penticton, British Columbia
      • Vernon, British Columbia
      • Westbank, British Columbia
      • New Brunswick
      • Barrie, Ontario
      • New Market, Ontario
      • North Bay, Ontario
      • Orillia, Ontario
      • Sault Ste Marie, Ontario
      • Sudbury, Ontario
      • Thunder Bay, Ontario
      • Timmins, Ontario
      • Prince Albert, Saskatchewan
      • Saskatoon, Saskatchewan

• For members in these areas, click here to learn about the Super Savers ClubTM points program that will launch in your stores on 6 May 2019.
      • All Nova Scotia stores
      • All other Ontario stores
      • Regina, Saskatchewan
      • Gatineau, Quebec
    https://www.valuevillage.com/program-terms-CA

Reminder: Shoppers Photo Centre concludes its 25% off photo print deal tomorrow (non-flyer day too, so FYI). Hours may be shortened due to the holiday Friday. The discount applied to photos printed while I waited, not photos to be picked up later in the day.
    Giseledta, barbis9 and lilo0003 like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

evening -last night son asked if we could watch Ashlyn (age 5) as she had a fever and missed school today ,of course we did -then I left her with papa and went grocery shopping at fortinos (wanted to go to no frills but too far away from son's house)
    I saved 100.00 in points so that was goo got a tray of reduced apples 1.99 and 2 trays of zucchini 1.99 each for 6 zucchini on each tray will give one to my daughter as they love zucchini
    Got 6,000 some odd points with this order .Poor Ashlyn went up top bed at 1.00 and slept til 2.00.I was gonna go over to seniors day ath shoppers for my milk but I am to tired so will wait til sat

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

good morning all. ...

i am going to pick up my brother, then we are going over to my moms to help her for a bit. hopefully my brother is aware that we are moving stuff.........

youngest is at work... she is done at 3,
    i have set out some jars a lady is picking up .. i donated them . so that is a easy thing to do .

other then that, a day at home and resting, i have little bits of housework to do

not sure what i am doing about supper. i will figure it out. at some point i need to sit down and figure out some paper work.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 2 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning all
    Everyone including my dog is asleep.
    We will be moving my younger DD today since she is done with exams
    Today dinner will be some thing vegetarian so that will be easy to put together

It grey outside. Enjoy your day all
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I just realized the Honeycomb cereal has a PIN code for free socks, its 2 pins per pair so three pairs of free socks. These will be great for the packages I send to the North. We are having friends over tonight for dinner, finally able to use this ginormous ha, that has been in the freezer since after Christmas. A double batch of brownies is warming the house now. I have turned off the furnace, now lets see if I make it to November
    All three of my 5.00 Visas arrived from the cereal. Last year two of four never showed up so I am happy this one worked. only my youngest eats cereal so I am set for a while.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Happy Easter everyone!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

yes, cleaned the bathrooms all 3
    hubby will wash the floors for me
    I just made my stuffing -used a tiny bit of celery I got free with a few wings about a week and half ago ,cause I sure wasn't gonna buy it 5.99 at fortinos -unreal

Supper tonight fish ,French fries and coleslaw from a local fish and chip place -gonna be lineups, oh well

Turkey supper is with my family on Saturday all 9 of us ,cant wait to see the kids and grandkids-I bought them a book each , 2piece of clothing each (as I get super deals all year round)and a toy plus the large kinder egg each except cara she is getting toddler granola type bars
    Giseledta, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

@flemeth - we are moving middle child next weekend. this weekend we are going up and bringing back all ther ceramics, and books ext. but t hey asked for a extention on residence so they could help clean the ceramic studio.

back from my mom, started laundry ( cheaper rate. ) made a bowl of soup. started my clicking. i will putter and get a bit of house work done. found stuff in the freezer for supper. the rain has stopped for a bit.. i am sure it will be back. lol
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

We’re driving 5hrs to see my dad’s side of the family for Easter supper tonight. I packed lunch and snacks for our drive up today. We are having a big supper at my aunt and uncle’s tonight with about 25 of us in total. Breakfast tomorrow morning will be continental breakfast at the hotel. We’ll eat lunch at my mom’s tomorrow. We’ll probably have to buy supper on our drive home tomorrow. Then we’ll visit a couple more relatives before driving all the way home again.

We’ll do the Easter egg hunt at our house on Sunday. I keep the plastic Easter eggs to reuse each year. I’ll put small coins in some, Hershey’s kisses in others. I bought two varieties of Hershey’s kisses on clearance at Sobeys a few weeks ago. I plan on going to Walmart on Monday to see what’s on clearance. I might buy some stuff that matches up with CO51 rebates.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Page 13 of 20 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread Information