User Tag List

Page 921 of 1956 FirstFirst ... 421 821 871 911 919 920 921 922 923 931 971 1021 1421 1921 ... LastLast
Results 13,801 to 13,815 of 29328
Like Tree118471Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Morning Morning folks.
    Busy day.
    Back later, perhaps.
    DANGER

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Good morn!

Bed got all fixed up yesterday, so it's a doable height. I hadn't realized how much lower a low profile box spring would be. So now I don't burst out crying from frustration when I had to get into that tall bed - and the scootching back once I sat really was hurting my already very sore hamstrings. Bonus is also that I can use the steel frame of the headboard to help me move, plus the footboard slots so the odd foot can poke through! Milan will sell the other box spring on Kijiji, as the store suggested - since it was used only two nights.

My, how I enjoyed supper last night, from one of my fave restaurants. I guess I did a lot of happy sounds whilst eating because everything had real flavour. Now keep in mind that I lost five pounds the past two weeks, so I ate what I wanted! Veal cutlets with awesome gravy, fries, real veggies, and part of a garlic toast. Appetizer was a slice of Hawaiian pizza (bought so I can have easy lunches for a few days). I did have some leftovers of the veal and tons of fries, the latter Milan took home to go with his leftover ribs.

I will also have the salad which came with the meal, today. One thing I cannot understand is why hospitals don't serve salads! My son would bring me one every so often.
    @avoncallingu - I take methotrexate pills, eight every Monday morning. I found it interesting that I have to skip folic acid that day. I have been lucky that my side effects are as mild as they are. What info was new to me is that side effects aren't just on the day one takes the meds, but can be five days.

When I was in my mid twenties, I was doing a treatment for my psoriasis which involved me taking a psoralens drug, which made my skin very light sensitive, then I would go for ultraviolet light sessions. That was called photo chemotherapy, PUVA, and I got horribly sick from it. I would drive from North Battleford to Edmonton, about four hours away, go to a clinic for the treatment, then go to my sister's house where I puked all afternoon (yeah, what a houseguest, eh?), then I would drive home the next day. I did that for two months, but I started it with severe psoriasis like 70% of my body, and it cleared it right up.

Years later I did the same treatment in Lloydminster, North Battleford, then Saskatoon - but for all those, I did a bath PUVA, which meant I had to sit in a tub with the med in the water, then had the light treatment, so no internal side effects from that drug. I just had to stay out of the sun and protect my eyes.

Those treatments all worked well. However, I could never go back on them because I had had enough radiation.

Sorry, that was so much to write!

Hope you all have a Terrific Tuesday!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning, everyone!!

Off to visit another doctor today, but I'm feeling more like:

Enjoy your day!!!

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

I've been away for a couple of days on here, trying to catch up some. That whole " chemo " drug also caught me off guard @Natalka , until I read the explanation behind why you are on it. My goodness this last post you made ( above ) describing your psoriasis ordeal from your past got me a little choked up.
    I am floored at the progress you have made wrt walking and gettin about! You must be overjoyed at that and you should be proud of all the hard effort it took to arrive there.
    All the very best to you and the guys. Hope Milan has luck getting a buyer for that barely used bed!

So we had some drama over Easter, but things have finally settled down to a slow burn of anger! ha ha
    Just kidding.....lets just say I was THIS close to screaming at our family Dr.
    Who is he to decide how my DD feels pain? OTC meds my arse! She needed a prescription for something stronger you moron....that is why we came.

o.k. I am breathing calmly once again.

Then Monday it was a simple trip to the vet so Hamlet's mouth could be rechecked after having those extractions.
    Naturally about 5 hrs before his appt time, Murphy ( one of the shih tzu's ) starts coordinating vomiting and diarrhea, so back and forth I went cleaning each mess.....I counted 6 episodes of each...used up 2 full boxes of Kleenex ( gawd! I gagged every time, how on earth did I ever change diapers for 3 kids? )

So Murphy had to tag along to the vet too. it was my choice to pay for blood collection and testing to rule out anything major. I mean initially I was just gonna leave him home and do the usual of feeding him plain cooked rice/lean ground beef or chx breast but what if it was something other than a little tummy upset? I would never forgive myself.
    He got a shot of something to curb the diarrhea, and I bought the pills also to give him.....so far no messes!
    Although he has really JUST been sleeping since we got home. Poor baby.

Oh and Hamlet? Yeah, he was all good! But.....I swear I heard him snipe at Murphy saying " This was MY solo trip to the vet Murphy! once again you managed to make it all about you! "

ha ha

Hope everyone had a glorious Easter! We enjoyed a delicious roasted turkey and ham meal, along with the usual sides and both pumpkin cheesecake and pumpkin pie! However....there were no Kinder Eggs with $20.00 bills inside. ( ha ha that was awesome @Lynn49 )
    Newfiescreech and Lynn49 like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Hello, my friends! I think the "anger over Easter" might have been magnified by the full, pink, invisible moon. I have decided that a little personal counselling might be in order for my own situation.

I am enjoying looking at my new rug. I did a major tidy-up this morning of things that I had plunked down, not wanting to decide what to do with them.

We were to have a thunder storm but I think that may not happen now.

I had a shower which usually indicates to Tootie that I am going out somewhere. She is keeping her vigilant eye on me!

@walkonby , my sympathies to you and your poor doggie for what you experienced this morning. I'm almost gagging myself!

@Lynn49 , what doctor does this entail? Hoping everything is okay. Is this the mammogram follow-up? Sorry to be nosey-just concerned.

I am so impressed by the "Kinderegg Surprise" you pulled off! You are one dedicated Babba!

@Natalka - what a health journey you have been on in your life! You are one brave woman! I'm happy that your bed situation has been resolved. I was aching for you thinking about the challenges you were having!

Well, today is "try to get some money back" day so I may try returning the 2 rugs and cabinet to Walmart now that it has stopped raining. I also have phonecalls to make and forms of various sorts to fill in. That entails getting my printer running and my laptop charged up. Nothing is really simple in life, is it?

That's what gives us spice.

Take care!

See ya later, maybe!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Hello.

@avoncallingu , my GP sent me to visit the doctor to arrange for a colonoscopy...its been 14 years so it's time. The last time it was such a painful, horrible experience for me that I told our doc that I'll never do that again. Soooooo, this doc had a long chat with us and long story short he's arranged for an anaesthetist to put me right under this time.
    I did get "the usual" painstuff last time, but the women in our family do not freeze easily. Our dentists always have to wait at least twice as long and usually another dose before we "don't feel anything". Which is why I absolutely insisted the anesthesist put me under for my knee placement. He balked, but my surgeon took my side and off we went.

Wow. That was probably more info than you bargained for! Hahaha!

I won't know about my follow-up mammogram or this holter monitor until my appt with our doc an 2 weeks or so. But no phone calls, so I'm optimistic.

So the battle continues to make your new digs into a new home, @avoncallingu . You know you'll have to email me pics when it's all perfect, right? I wish you could just stay home for a week, no commitments, and just do it all, once and for all. It must be difficult and frustrating to keep leaving it, going back to it....I hope your new rug pulls your design and colours together! Good luck!

@Natalka , I had no idea of the challenges you've been through! I know people always compliment us on what so many of us here have gone through, but what choice did we have, right? We just plough through, taking it one day, sometimes one hour at a time. I hope things are easier for you now that you're at home and not eating off of a seven day rotation menu, hahaha. Good ol' traditional home cooking! That'll build up your strength...all the best, Kiddo.

Rain, rain most of the week, so Hubby will put down fertilizer asap...gotta get that grass going! Lol!

Hope you're all doing well today!
    Last edited by Lynn49; Tue, Apr 23rd, 2019 at 03:28 PM.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Hi, friends!

@Lynn49 - part of my problem in getting work done is my feet. I have no shoes that don't hurt after about an hour on my feet and absolutely none that are summer-friendly that I can wear at all. The money I have poured into footwear in the past couple of years is incredible. And still no real solution. I just dropped into another shoe store on my way home from Walmart. What a schmozzle returning things there! Caused mostly by my access or inaccess to my e-mails. Next thing on the "fix-it" list is to get my cell-phone switched over to Rogers. They just sent me a bill for 3 months service and I haven't even accessed it yet! I have to get to Virgin Mobile and prove that dh, who was the primary name on the account, is no longer available to release the cell phone number to Rogers. I was going to try to get that in this afternoon, but didn't have time or wherewithal to drive to another mall and schlep around in painful shoes to find the mobile kiosk. They won't talk to me online, as I don't have the right password.

Then, I have to argue with Rogers about why I would be assessed such a huge bill, when they didn't even give me a new cell phone, which I thought was going to happen.

Rogers cell phone bills and TV/Internet bills are 2 different things. I just got the first Rogers cell phone bill today saying that I owed for March and April. My head just spins!

I'm going back to smoke signals and written letters, I think.

It's time to head down for supper.

The maintenance guy came around to explain that the reason my apartment was so hot, was that I had the air conditioning programmed and it's on the fritz. Soon to be fixed building wide. But having the system on just makes the apartment HOTTER!

They are going to start ripping up the road outside tomorrow. They are coming in May to "discourage" the starlings which are nesting on the roof of my balcony and they are coming tomorrow to clean the birdsh/×&" off the balcony and sanitize it.

I'm sorry to hear about your resistance to anaesthetics! What a bummer! Sorry -I didn't mean the pun!

Good thing you have doctors who "know you!"

See ya!
    Newfiescreech likes this.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Greetings from Merry Ol' England! Just back from the pubs to see the latest sadness in leaf land!!! Time for y'all to cheer for the Raptors!!!!!

Last edited by GoodBoy; Tue, Apr 23rd, 2019 at 09:38 PM.
    Newfiescreech likes this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Oh well....now who will I root for to take the Stanley Cup?? The Leafs fell hard tonight but I cannot even say I was surprised. Oh what was that?? A scream? @flemeth was it your DH cursing as Gardner was responsible ( AGAIN!! ) for them scoring on the 2nd goal. Ya have to laugh or you'll cry eh?
    maybe I'll just say thanks to the entire Leaf team for some great entertaining hockey this year...it has been mostly fun with some back and forth... there is always NEXT year!! ha ha

They never had the lead in this game but i thought this picture described much of their Season....

Last edited by walkonby; Tue, Apr 23rd, 2019 at 09:44 PM.
    Newfiescreech and GoJays like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    Oh well....now who will I root for to take the Stanley Cup?? The Leafs fell hard tonight but I cannot even say I was surprised. Oh what was that?? A scream? @flemeth was it your DH cursing as Gardner was responsible ( AGAIN!! ) for them scoring on the 2nd goal. Ya have to laugh or you'll cry eh?
    maybe I'll just say thanks to the entire Leaf team for some great entertaining hockey this year...it has been mostly fun with some back and forth... there is always NEXT year!! ha ha

They never had the lead in this game but i thought this picture described much of their Season....

@walkonby I could not take all the stress that was happening in my family room so I left the game at 3rd period when there was still 10 more mins and went into the shower. My DH was upset at Gardner and a few others swearing and yelling at the TV and trying to tell them how to play. I am not sure who we will be cheering on
    Newfiescreech, Lynn49 and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

So sorry to you Leafs fans.

Deep breaths! Into a paper bag, if need be. Wash off those jerseys and file them away for another year. Next year is the charm, right?

Now, on to the Boys of Summer! Go Jays!

Hope you all get a lovely sleep. I was pretty anxious when I wrote my previous post. Tomorrow's gonna be a brighter day -as Jim Croce sang.

Take good care! Nighty night!
    Newfiescreech, Lynn49 and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

woo hoo!! Is anybody else watching this??!! The Sharks!! They have taken a lead 4-3, all 4 goals all happened during a 5 minute penalty to Vegas....OMG! It is still going on.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Still enjoying that amazing comeback by the Sharks!! ( I started taping it right from the hit on Pavelski ).
    Such an emotional win in O.T.....they'll be talking about this Game 7 on all the Sports highlights tomorrow....er, well today I suppose as it is after 3 a.m. !! ha ha

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning all .
    It will be a busy day for me want to gather up some of the broken branches from my back yard.
    Also needs to do a few errands.
    Will have to do some catching up on a few post.

Have a great day all

Thread Information