• 4 Post By TrueNorthTreasures
  • 3 Post By Silk
  • 2 Post By wendymac
  • 2 Post By Silk
  • 2 Post By TrueNorthTreasures
  • 4 Post By lilo0003
  • 3 Post By lilo0003
  • 2 Post By Threadripper

Thread: Does anyone use reusable food wraps?

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

I am thinking of buying some and am curious if they work well and are worth the cost. Apparently they only last about a year...?

Here are a couple of links for those who may not be familiar with the wraps. The second link has an explanation on how they are used:

https://www.amazon.com/Organic-Reusable-Food-Wraps-Etee/dp/B077Z1VVLL

https://www.amazon.com/Bees-Wrap-Friendly-Reusable-Sustainable/dp/B00GK3R3K6/ref=pd_lpo_vtph_79_bs_t_1?_encoding=UTF8

Thanks,
    Silk
    This thread is currently associated with: Amazon.ca & Amazon.com
    Last edited by Silk; Wed, Mar 13th, 2019 at 11:34 AM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

I had been curious for some time about these kinds of wraps! I finally bought a 3-pack of Abeego wraps (small, medium, and large) to try.

We've had them for almost a year and I have to say that I have been pleasantly surprised. The biggest problem, if there is one, is remembering to use them instead of automatically going for plastic wrap. I find the Abeego wraps are great for using on cheese, things like Rice Krispie squares, and covering bowls of leftovers, pudding, veggies, etc. to store in the fridge. I ended up buying another package to include in my parents' Christmas parcel.

Last month, I discovered there is a business in Manitoba that makes these kinds of wraps. It's called, "The Farmer's Daughter". (Their wraps are also available on the Pure Anada Cosmetics site). Their wraps are really pretty, though a bit more expensive than Abeego. There are also Beezy Wraps, made in Nova Scotia. Colourful! Less expensive than Abeego and The Farmer's Daughter, and it looks like they offer free shipping within Canada, too.
    Last edited by TrueNorthTreasures; Wed, Mar 13th, 2019 at 01:02 PM.
    ROMEO, Silk, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.
    Unique items and great deals to be found on the Halifax Cat Rescue Society auction page.
    Love snail mail? Try
    Postcrossing!

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Thanks @TrueNorthTreasures for sharing your experience with the food wraps I've been checking out the sites you mentioned - thanks for the links. I like the colorful ones and I like that Beezy offers free shipping! There is a business that makes them locally here in Quebec and I think I will have a chance to see their product and maybe try it out at a food show I'm going to. But theirs are not colorful - more like the color of pale beeswax and they don't have any design like your abeego ones. Here's their site if you're curious:
    https://api-flex.com/

I also discovered a few DIY tutorials for making your own reusable food wraps. If you're interested, let me know and I'll locate them again and post the links for you. It doesn't look difficult but I don't think I'll be trying it anytime soon

Quote Originally Posted by TrueNorthTreasures View Post
    I had been curious for some time about these kinds of wraps! I finally bought a 3-pack of Abeego wraps (small, medium, and large) to try.

We've had them for almost a year and I have to say that I have been pleasantly surprised. The biggest problem, if there is one, is remembering to use them instead of automatically going for plastic wrap. I find the Abeego wraps are great for using on cheese, things like Rice Krispie squares, and covering bowls of leftovers, pudding, veggies, etc. to store in the fridge. I ended up buying another package to include in my parents' Christmas parcel.

Last month, I discovered there is a business in Manitoba that makes these kinds of wraps. It's called, "The Farmer's Daughter". (Their wraps are also available on the Pure Anada Cosmetics site). Their wraps are really pretty, though a bit more expensive than Abeego. There are also Beezy Wraps, made in Nova Scotia. Colourful! Less expensive than Abeego and The Farmer's Daughter, and it looks like they offer free shipping within Canada, too.
    Last edited by Silk; Thu, Mar 14th, 2019 at 02:03 AM.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    74 (100%)

Silk....I've gotta tell you. The title on the forum comes up as "Does anyone use reusable food ." Only when you click through does the finishing word "wrap" come up. I winced when I saw this post because I immediately thought about recycling "used food." You know, other people's 1/2 eaten sandwiches, pre-chewed food... You grossed me out, Silk. And that's not easy to do.
    Silk and lilo0003 like this.

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by wendymac View Post
    Silk....I've gotta tell you. The title on the forum comes up as "Does anyone use reusable food ." Only when you click through does the finishing word "wrap" come up. I winced when I saw this post because I immediately thought about recycling "used food." You know, other people's 1/2 eaten sandwiches, pre-chewed food... You grossed me out, Silk. And that's not easy to do.
    lol, It shows up fine on my laptop and tablet. Are you looking on your cell or an app? Anyway, glad I did something that isn't easy to do - grossed you out, I mean
    wendymac and lilo0003 like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Silk View Post
    Thanks @TrueNorthTreasures for sharing your experience with the food wraps I've been checking out the sites you mentioned - thanks for the links. I like the colorful ones and I like that Beezy offers free shipping! There is a business that makes them locally here in Quebec and I think I will have a chance to see their product and maybe try it out at a food show I'm going to. But theirs are not colorful - more like the color of pale beeswax and they don't have any design like your abeego ones. Here's their site if you're curious:
    https://api-flex.com/
    Thank you, I will check out that link!
    Silk and lilo0003 like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Thanks for all the details and links @TrueNorthTreasures I have been looking into them. I made the switch to mesh produce bags and silicone ziplocks so it’s time to make the switch for this too.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    Thanks for all the details and links @TrueNorthTreasures I have been looking into them. I made the switch to mesh produce bags and silicone ziplocks so it’s time to make the switch for this too.
    oc
    how are the silcone ziplocks,,,, do they work well.. what about freezer burn... and for meat....
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    oc
    how are the silcone ziplocks,,,, do they work well.. what about freezer burn... and for meat....
    So far I am using them for chicken breast which never lasts long in my freezer so no freezer burn. I have had them since December at 1st they were difficult to slide open but after use it’s a lot easier.
    Giseledta, Silk and dededi like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Yes, all the time and they are great!
    Silk and dededi like this.

Thread Information