User Tag List

Page 177 of 197 FirstFirst ... 77 127 167 175 176 177 178 179 187 ... LastLast
Results 2,641 to 2,655 of 2948
Like Tree7538Likes

Thread: Doesn't It Just Grind Your Gears When.....

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    when your neighbour is cleaning up their backyard and throws branches over in to your back yard
    and this neighbour wonders why the other neighbours have stopped talking to this neighbour for the many, many instances of unneighbourly behaviour
    the poor kids... they never had a chance
    Happy Victoria Day weekend SCs!
    i would probably dump the items back over the fence.. and tape a note to the fence saying not to throw their branches into your yard (could possibly be considered illegal dumping)
    Ciel likes this.
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Shwa Girl View Post
    when your neighbour is cleaning up their backyard and throws branches over in to your back yard
    and this neighbour wonders why the other neighbours have stopped talking to this neighbour for the many, many instances of unneighbourly behaviour
    the poor kids... they never had a chance
    Happy Victoria Day weekend SCs!
    Totally worth having a camera aimed at the fence then or better yet, video taken to share with by-law officer regarding property by-laws. You have taken the neighbour's character correctly-that's some nerve of person to act in such a manner and play innocent of the other neighbours' feelings.

The kids-offspring of the bad neighbour? Then yes, they'll pay for the behaviour as word gets around. Even though their adult parent is the offending party.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Might be a repost but I don't care. Happy friday.

When you are waiting for a parking spot and the person in their car is just farting around. Common courtesy. You know someone is waiting for that spot.... MOVE and fiddle for your change, makeup or water bottle later.
    ROMEO, Ciel, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by dyalect View Post
    When you are waiting for a parking spot and the person in their car is just farting around. Common courtesy. You know someone is waiting for that spot.... MOVE and fiddle for your change, makeup or water bottle later.
    while I appreciate your frustration, I have to flip this and say I would rather people "fiddle for change, makeup or water bottle" while they're still parked. It's the people that do all that crap while they're trying to drive through the lot and/or the road that upset me.
    Ciel, coupon girl and GatineauGirl like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

When people don't keep to the right on a public sidewalk during a family bike ride (some bikes obviously not oiled recently by the metal noises), with a dog on a long leash or with a baby stroller (or running stroller). Have managed not to yell out yet but soon...
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

People buying 2-3 items knowing someone else in lineup just needs 1. This is most prevalent at SDM locations on 20x days. Wanted 1 Switch and they two guys ahead of me intended to buy all in the store. Thankfully I called ahead and I know the manager. Second I walk out of the store the same two clowns flag me and want to know if I am selling mine. I said heck no and walked away. They jumped into their ESCALADE off to another shoppers location to buy up all their stock. Some people I tell you.
    ROMEO, Ciel, Linda Evans and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by dyalect View Post
    People buying 2-3 items knowing someone else in lineup just needs 1. This is most prevalent at SDM locations on 20x days. Wanted 1 Switch and they two guys ahead of me intended to buy all in the store. Thankfully I called ahead and I know the manager. Second I walk out of the store the same two clowns flag me and want to know if I am selling mine. I said heck no and walked away. They jumped into their ESCALADE off to another shoppers location to buy up all their stock. Some people I tell you.
    I'm curious the reason or their incentive here. (and I assume you're talking about a Nintendo Switch) -- if they wanted the points, I can see it. But to offer to buy yours in the parking lot doesnt give them any benefit for points.
    I cant imagine there's a resale profit to be made. It's not like Nintendo Switch is hard to come by. Walk into any Best Buy or Walmart and you can get one.
    Last edited by bhlombardy; Wed, Jun 5th, 2019 at 12:08 AM.
    Linda Evans and Thatdone like this.

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Totally worth having a camera aimed at the fence then or better yet, video taken to share with by-law officer regarding property by-laws. You have taken the neighbour's character correctly-that's some nerve of person to act in such a manner and play innocent of the other neighbours' feelings.

The kids-offspring of the bad neighbour? Then yes, they'll pay for the behaviour as word gets around. Even though their adult parent is the offending party.
    Good idea about the bylaw officer @Ciel . But I wonder if they care. I say this because we tried to come home and park in our spot one day, and there were 2 police cars blocking the street. The same neighbour had some issue with drinking and marijuana, even before marijuana was legal. And one winter night, we heard fire trucks so close we wondered if it was our street. The same neighbour had an open fire on a winter night with the winds blowing. Alls we could hear from inside our place, was the fire people yelling at the neighbour to put the fire out or they would be charged.
    Ciel likes this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by bhlombardy View Post
    I'm curious the reason or their incentive here. (and I assume you're talking about a Nintendo Switch) -- if they wanted the points, I can see it. But to offer to buy yours in the parking lot doesnt give them any benefit for points.
    I cant imagine there's a resale profit to be made. It's not like Nintendo Switch is hard to come by. Walk into any Best Buy or Walmart and you can get one.
    boggles the mind. but two coked out dudes buying up merch aren't hardcore gamers. probably sending overseas for a profit. maybe some countries have a harder time getting a switch.
    ROMEO, Ciel and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

$379.99 plus ON tax = $429.39

20x points on $379 = 113,700

So for example, if they're able to sell the units for $380 without tax, they effectively bought those 113,700 points for the amount they paid in tax, $49.40. Applying the not uncommon assumption that points are equivalent to cash, this produces a profit of $64.30.
    ROMEO and Ciel like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Arjon View Post
    $379.99 plus ON tax = $429.39
    20x points on $379 = 113,700
    So for example, if they're able to sell the units for $380 without tax, they effectively bought those 113,700 points for the amount they paid in tax, $49.40. Applying the not uncommon assumption that points are equivalent to cash, this produces a profit of $64.30.
    Yup, I get all that... but you missed my point: why buy one from someone in the parking lot? They arent going to get the points from that transaction..
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Yup, I get all that... but you missed my point: why buy one from someone in the parking lot? They arent going to get the points from that transaction..
    Think it through. Using the same $380 no tax resale price as before, it seems effectively certain they were going to offer less than that to the original buyer. Let's say $350. The original buyer would end up having paid $429.39 then recouped $350, so minus $79.39 but still plus 113,700 points. Equating points with money as before, this would mean a profit of $34.31 in a matter of a few minutes.

Otoh, while the churners would only make $30 ($380 - $350), they would get an additional unit to resell right then and there with minimal effort.
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

When work gets pissed off at you for calling in sick. Ok, I'll come in and infect everyone and be totally useless because I can't hear, breathe or stop coughing and sneezing. You should be happy that I'm saving you hours, you complain about going over constantly. Screw you, work, except in stronger words.
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    169 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoJays View Post
    When work gets pissed off at you for calling in sick. Ok, I'll come in and infect everyone and be totally useless because I can't hear, breathe or stop coughing and sneezing. You should be happy that I'm saving you hours, you complain about going over constantly. Screw you, work, except in stronger words.
    I feel your pain @GoJays . I had a similar experience some years ago. I was working with elderly paitients, and came down with a severe case of pneumonia. I was home on meds for a month and yet the office felt the need to call me every week to see if I "was done being sick" and could get back to work. They even questioned the validity of my Dr.'s credentials! Needless to say, when I told them that I was going to the labor board and then to the office to cough all around the place, they shut up.
    ROMEO, Ciel, GoJays and 1 others like this.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Tweets77 View Post
    I feel your pain @GoJays. I had a similar experience some years ago. I was working with elderly paitients, and came down with a severe case of pneumonia. I was home on meds for a month and yet the office felt the need to call me every week to see if I "was done being sick" and could get back to work. They even questioned the validity of my Dr.'s credentials! Needless to say, when I told them that I was going to the labor board and then to the office to cough all around the place, they shut up.
    >>

Almighty dollar. That said many people do play games with sick time. (usually in the summer) Get well soon my friend.

Conservative world we live in. (In Ontario) Doug Ford canceled two sick days so Ontario could be "open" for business. LOL
    ROMEO and Ciel like this.

Page 177 of 197 FirstFirst ... 77 127 167 175 176 177 178 179 187 ... LastLast

Thread Information