• 2 Post By Midnightly
  • 1 Post By GatineauGirl
  • 2 Post By Midnightly
  • 4 Post By Midnightly
  • 5 Post By Midnightly

Thread: Electronics Returns question

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Last week i bought a portable hard drive at shoppers, (1.5tb for $90) and used my points i plugged it into my computer and it didn't work (making a pulsing sound), to confirm i tried it in multiple other computers and then talked to hubby (used to sell computers and hard drives and has dealt with defective hard drives in the past) and he said the hard drive in it is defective.. can i just return it to shoppers and get an exchange? i did look up the warranty info on the hard drive just incase i'd have to go that route and the warranty has expired back in march (i bought this 8 days ago).. so they sold me a defective hard drive with no valid warranty
    This thread is currently associated with: Shoppers Drug Mart
    Ciel and Anna Michele like this.
    When life hands you Edward Cullen...throw him back and demand Eric Northman....

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightly View Post
    Last week i bought a portable hard drive at shoppers, (1.5tb for $90) and used my points i plugged it into my computer and it didn't work (making a pulsing sound), to confirm i tried it in multiple other computers and then talked to hubby (used to sell computers and hard drives and has dealt with defective hard drives in the past) and he said the hard drive in it is defective.. can i just return it to shoppers and get an exchange? i did look up the warranty info on the hard drive just incase i'd have to go that route and the warranty has expired back in march (i bought this 8 days ago).. so they sold me a defective hard drive with no valid warranty
    You should u think its 30 days unopened but scplsin to them whsg happe ed i know my store would take it back

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    Ciel likes this.
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Anna Michele View Post
    You should u think its 30 days unopened but scplsin to them whsg happe ed i know my store would take it back

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    it is opened because i had to plug it in and try it that is how i know that it's defective, to be honest i'm a little shocked they sold me something that has an expired warranty, i'm going to bring it back on monday (figure manager will be in and won't be weekend busy)
    Ciel and Anna Michele like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Did you pay with a credit card that has a warranty back-up on it? Might be worth investigating. Sorry this happened to you...what a nuisance! Good luck.
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GatineauGirl View Post
    Did you pay with a credit card that has a warranty back-up on it? Might be worth investigating. Sorry this happened to you...what a nuisance! Good luck.
    i used my points to buy it, it's kinda frustrating, i hope they don't give me any issues trying to return/exchange it.. i'd be more then happy with an exchange one that works and has a valid warranty
    Ciel and GatineauGirl like this.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

return was easier then i thought it was going to be... sadly couldnt do an exchange (they didn't have any more in stock.. so i need to wait till they go onsale again) and they put the value on a gift card
    Ciel, 4sure5, GatineauGirl and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Midnightly View Post
    return was easier then i thought it was going to be... sadly couldnt do an exchange (they didn't have any more in stock.. so i need to wait till they go onsale again) and they put the value on a gift card
    At least you got the value back -here's hoping the next device is the real working deal! Great that the store manager helped you.
    Last edited by Ciel; Wed, Jun 12th, 2019 at 04:30 PM.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    70 (100%)

went to another shoppers today and they had one in stock, i had to pay the regular price $99, it cost me $11 more then the sale price, BUT my card had a bonus 20x points if i spend over $60, so between base points and the bonus I got nearly $30 back in points... got home plugged it in and it works! yay!

Thread Information