User Tag List

Page 993 of 1956 FirstFirst ... 493 893 943 983 991 992 993 994 995 1003 1043 1093 1493 ... LastLast
Results 14,881 to 14,895 of 29328
Like Tree118471Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

[QUOTE=walkonby;6988728] @GoJays
    WELL SHUT my " you-know-what! I always saw JUST the green leaves every time I have come across hostas in yards.
    That seemed so boring and a waste of gardening space, BUT now my eyes have been opened so I will soon be off to grab some of the prettier ones I guess.

Holy Moly @Lynn49
    That IS a lifetime together isn't it? Congrats to you both and enjoy your dining out meal tonight!!
    ( Hubby and I are approaching our BIG 40 at the end of July.....shudder!! )
    Oh, @walkonby , those hosta flowers are such sweet gifts later in the season! Think of them as tropical..that's what I do! I just love 'em!

Thank you.....As to our lengthy "happily ever afters", no shuddering....they're gifts given to few...we have been blessed...
    GoJays, walkonby, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

@Lynn49 :

Happy anniversary to you and Mr. Lynn49

Lynn49, walkonby and cath007 like this.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

cath007 likes this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Happy Anniversary to Mr and Mrs. @Lynn49 !

Natalka, Lynn49, walkonby and 2 others like this.
    DANGER

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Good morning gang.
    Weekend starts at the end of this work day for me!

Hope everyone has a safe and enjoyable Canada Day long weekend!
    Natalka, Lynn49, GoJays and 2 others like this.
    DANGER

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Happy Anniversary to my dear friends, @Lynn49 and Dh! Off to camp you go to have a terrific Canada Day weekend!

@danger_dan - hope your day flies by and your weekend lasts and lasts!

My sweet 89 year old neighbour had a fall and broke her dominant arm at the wrist. I saw her coming back into the building last night all by herself and wobbly. God puts you in the right places- I accompanied her into her apartment and made sure she was ok to be alone and get into bed by herself. I think that this is not her first fall this week.
    I'll check on her a bit later.

My nephew graduates from grade 8 tonight. He got back from the school trip to Toronto last night but I didn't see him.

Well, have a fun day everyone!
    Natalka, Lynn49, walkonby and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Good morning!!

Thank you, @GoJays , @Dang er-Dan....49 years ago today, we were married...after dating for 4 years...it's just been the best and I wish everyone could have the same marital experience as we had and have.

Dinner at the keg was lovely, my gin-lemonade-basil drink is something I'm going to replicate at home one day!

Today is GS's commencement at noon, then we'll pick Jenny up and head to the island for the long weekend. DD will do that also, but GS wants to go to school tomorrow, so he and SIL will leave after that.

Enjoy your day, and the long weekend, everyone!!
    Natalka, GoJays, walkonby and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Thank you, @avoncallingu , and I hope your neighbour fares well throughout her ordeal; I know you'll be watching out for her welfare.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Gosh, I didn't know hostas bloomed, so many beautiful varieties!
    @flemeth - glad you can get out safely to enjoy the family wedding!

Well, I have had quite the day and a half!
    Tues night I barely slept because I was anxious about my ability to negotiate the great outdoor trip!

Needn't have worried so much, I was a rockstar! No prob getting down stairs and out to the van. Had to use a nasty plastic seated wheelchair at the hospital, the normal ones are only available on the wards.

TMI - I had to use the washroom before the appt even though I only had minimal sips of water to down pain meds. Glad there was a large private one in addition to a multiple user one. Enough room for wheelchair and husband but, omg, it was a regular height toilet. I was mortified. Getting seated was hard enough, but I was so worried I wouldn't be able to get back up again. (Last year I had an awful experience at my GP's, took 20 minutes to figure out how to hoist me up - so that's why I had this apprehension) Husband was all ready to pull all my weight up, but by using the grab bar on one side and wheelchair arm on the other, I got up on my own! What a difference having better knees made!

Appointment went well, no probs with bloodwork results - she is especially monitoring kidneys and liver function because of the chemo. The only bad thing which showed up for me was dehydration - and I had no idea that shows in blood! I had been on restricted fluid because of my heart failure, but she said I have to resume six to eight glasses. No problem.

She said the methotrexate has been working well for the knee swelling, psoriatic arthritis, and psoriasis plaques - last time she had seen me two months ago in hospital, my skin was quite angry and now I am almost clear.

Then she did the cortisone injections on my knees, a stronger dosage than last time so they should last longer. Those injections hurt, mostly because there is very little space into which she can inject.

Was a bit concerned how I would be on walk from van to house then up those stairs, but I did them relatively well on my own, so yay!

I had gotten home at 11, and lots of muscle soreness soon hit. Around 11 p.m. the knee pain came, which was expected, but I could not fall asleep until four this morning. Had all pain meds on board, but between the knees, hamstrings, and back pain - the latter from doing the stairs - I just could not get comfortable even a bit. I would start crying and Vader would come each time to snuggle me, what a honey. Of course, husband did all he could as well.

I woke up around nine, knees were just fine so that's great!

Spent way too much time this aft getting prescriptions refilled - multiple docs, failed faxes, etc. Now it's all straightened out.
    I had a few meds which I still had some of, but thought I might as well get refills for at the same time as the others. Found out I couldn't for two of them - for controlled substances a specific amount of time has to have gone by. In my case, it is tomorrow. So husband has to go tonight to get some, then again tomorrow for the others.

Sorry. I tried to shorten this, but gah, obviously I didn't! Thanks for hanging in!

Have a restful evening, everyone!

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

@Lynn49 and husband

Congratulations on your anniversary!

Wishing you many more years of love, joy, fun, and laughter!

Mnohaya lita (Ukrainian: Многая літа, literally "Many Years" or the implied meaning "wishing you many years of life")

Name:  facebook_1559829468727.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  91.0 KB

Name:  facebook_1560536295566.jpg
Views: 94
Size:  53.3 KB

Last edited by Natalka; Thu, Jun 27th, 2019 at 08:00 PM.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

Good morning!
    That little guy just made me laugh!

A lady is coming at 10 to pick up some empty boxes so I had better launch into the day.

Tootie had a restless beginning to her sleep. She rarely drinks water - she seems to get enough from her wet food to which I add water- but she's been really panting in this heat although we don't walk very far.
    She lept up from her sleep and looked like she was going to be sick, but I got her a drink and she settled down.
    I was gone for a long time at my nephew's graduation so her schedule was thrown off.

236 kids graduated- boy, I wouldn't want to sit through a university graduation with hundreds!

His class was first and I didn't really have a connection to any of the others. But the ceremony was good and the valedictorian did an impressive job.

My brother was MC.
    Well, I do believe Tootie just lived up to her name....so I will "exit... stage right."
    See ya!

Thread Information