User Tag List

Page 26 of 36 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast
Like Tree2110Likes

Thread: July 2019 Frugal Chatter thread (hello, summer)

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Dinner last night-The sprouted quinoa and chia veggie patties with sweet potato-slight crunchy texture and the aroma reminds me of instant noodle flavouring packets! I used 1 tbsp of oil in my cooking pot but I could have reduced that amount. One patty got a bit golden brown/charred, which was good. Likely to cook the other two burgers tonight for dinner again with maybe cooked California blend veggies.

Morning: ate ice cream (sibling got two kinds last night) and had two slices of cold bacon with sliced bread. Considering I don't like the smell of bacon frying, I was surprised how good that sandwich tasted.

Despite a slightly cold wind in the morning, I was able to get laundry on the line by 8am and even my shoes (washed last night after getting feet wet a second time) dried to damp-dry/nearly dry status by 10 am. Impressed! Love the 25C day--my kind of ideal summer! I encouraged Mom to tend to her garden once the plants dried off from the dew this morning. I tended to the edge grass needing manual trimming just to get the task "done" for the week. I have to tackle the grass between sidewalk sections tonight.

I had noticed two bulbils on stalks had split--inside one bulbil "pod" were 6 pearl-like cloves and several teeny tiny buds. Cool. I should plant them in a corner and see if they sprout.

Feels like a good day to make a flatbread or quick loaf. Oh decision time...
    Giseledta, ROMEO, barbis9 and 1 others like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Question of the day: Which superhero or superheroes do you feel like you are in the month of July?
    Answer: Mostly feel like I am the trio of Powerpuff Girls, with a side of Lego Movie Batman!
    ROMEO, barbis9, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Happy but unhappy at the same time...Still no news of my mccain coupons patatoes wedges ,mccain cakes and kraft extra cheddar..and the person did not send me the video like promised...but per chance it was for stamps...managed to find 11 patatoes coupons per chance at iga but will need to make another trade for the others ones if it never come...I hate hassle...happy I made one trade against stamps for hygrade 3$wub3 coupons winners and they will be 3 for 5$ at metro next week so I will be filled up @0,66$per package cannot beat that. Made my chicken dijonnaise now marinating in the fridge will have that for supper.I hope they will taste not too strong because I did not have the spices and the garlic cloves to g with it.May go to maxi tomorrow for more back rib they where yummy!!!!
    Giseledta and Ciel like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post

Question of the day: Which superhero or superheroes do you feel like you are in the month of July?
    Answer: Mostly feel like I am the trio of Powerpuff Girls, with a side of Lego Movie Batman!
    Super girl
    Giseledta, Ciel and Shwa Girl like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I purchased last week at yellow a pair of ballerine in leather and a pair of running shoes...my other pair of running shoes will be ok just for here.Feel good to have brand new shoes..!!!
    Giseledta likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Laundry is on the go. Clean stuff from other day put away. Kitchen is clean. Just making DS spicy oven fries and steak for wraps. Packed for my few days away with my friend. Need the laundry all done since have a busy weekend including Sat night downtown Toronto.
    Giseledta, Ciel and cath007 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cath007 View Post
    Happy but unhappy at the same time...Still no news of my mccain coupons patatoes wedges ,mccain cakes and kraft extra cheddar..and the person did not send me the video like promised...but per chance it was for stamps...managed to find 11 patatoes coupons per chance at iga but will need to make another trade for the others ones if it never come...I hate hassle...happy I made one trade against stamps for hygrade 3$wub3 coupons winners and they will be 3 for 5$ at metro next week so I will be filled up @0,66$per package cannot beat that. Made my chicken dijonnaise now marinating in the fridge will have that for supper.I hope they will taste not too strong because I did not have the spices and the garlic cloves to g with it.May go to maxi tomorrow for more back rib they where yummy!!!!
    @cath007 I have the McCain coupons potatoes wedges and McCain cake coupons if you want to trade message me

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

I totally smashed the same knee in the same place today as I did originally I was really pissed off. I was not even awake yet and I do it again.

Tomorrow is pay day I get direct deposit I was happy that I actually get mine without having to wait for the mail lady. No one got their check early this time I am glad in some ways. Don’t need stupid stuff that normally happens on early pay days. It’s quiet I like that way when everyone has money they act like complete jerks too. I don’t plan on staying up late right now bank atm opens at 6am and Walmart opens at 7 am,shoppers at 8 and no frills at 9.

I am exhausted people need to get through their thick skulls that just because I leave FB messenger on all the time doesn’t mean I am actually awake so don’t message me like 14 times in thinking that I am ignoring you or text messaging my phone thinking I am mad at you. People think too much into things lately. Ugh.

Anyway I am going to turn off messenger for 24hours to start. Laters.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Live, Love, Laugh

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

Wonder Woman
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post

My frugal good deed of the month: I drove my friend to the doctor. I drove my friend a few months ago and the doctor was pleased how the meds were working and said come back in the new year.

The computer made a mistake and my friend was not supposed to come until the new year.

Told my friend to ask if the doctor has free samples of the prescription. Instead of giving one sample, the doctor's office gave TWO samples, due to the inconvenience. Saving between $30 and $60.
    Giseledta, Angela273, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

just in case i havent whined about it lately... menopause sucks. i am a serious emotional mess ugh.

never did get to teh weeding last night.. but i got a solid 45 min chat with my youngest... totally worth it.
    went over last night and dropped off a gift formy neighbour. she is the one that is preg with number 3.
    i bought her 2 lrg pkgs of diaper,and 2 baby wipes

menopause seriously sucks.
    ROMEO, Angela273, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Question of the Day (July 24):
    You are on a boat (dinner cruise in your area or nearby region). Who would you LOVE to be the surprise cruise director/narrator on your trip?

Answer: Keanu Reeves
    cath007 and Shwa Girl like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Perimenopause also kicks rocks, @Giseledta . Harder to perk up after doing some heavy lifting or weeding or long session of branch cutting and bagging. I did trim the branches around a roof but I also logged some time (partial) weeding the garden that even Mom gave up weeding after a few minutes. I'm not up for another round today-still achy and needing more "superhero" recharge time today. Did indulge in browsing at my local Value Village store yesterday (today is the day to move on 30% off housewares sale for Super Savers, which includes seasonal and office supplies but not toys or toy bags-saw several calculators which could be good for home or school use when new batteries are supplied).

Happily, I did have ambition this morning and got my reduced price bananas ($1.09 at Longos) into batter for two banana loaves, so I'll take some along as lunch tomorrow. So pleasing to smell the baking after 8am--plus whatever scorch lurked in the oven (it seemed clear of fallen matter). Another cleanup task to add the growing list of "home maintenance."

Breakfast Television Toronto talked about the ParTee Putt mini-golf bar and restaurant today. The set had the CN Tower/Rogers Dome put hole then someone dressed as Godzilla ran out just before commercial. I'd like to win that Daily Prize of a yearlong pass for 4 people but I'm not in Toronto, so see if you can still enter on the show's website!
    cath007 likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Lentil pasta terrine recipe is finally posted in the Food subforum! Thanks for waiting.
    cath007 likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Angela273 and cath007 like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    just in case i havent whined about it lately... menopause sucks. i am a serious emotional mess ugh.

never did get to teh weeding last night.. but i got a solid 45 min chat with my youngest... totally worth it.
    went over last night and dropped off a gift formy neighbour. she is the one that is preg with number 3.
    i bought her 2 lrg pkgs of diaper,and 2 baby wipes

menopause seriously sucks.
    A pot of tea and warm hugs are sent virtually your way. Be one with sunshine while the DC kids are about.
    cath007 likes this.

Page 26 of 36 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast

Thread Information