User Tag List

Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 LastLast
Like Tree2110Likes

Thread: July 2019 Frugal Chatter thread (hello, summer)

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

giselta -did you get my email ? just curious

barbis 9-I love shopping online too -just shopped at the gap yesterday a sweater for me ,and clothes for my dear granddaughter Ashlyn it was a 50% off sale and the clothing was pretty cheap in the size 6 that Ashlyn needs -some stuff I will put away for next easter -I am always thinking ahead
    Giseledta, ROMEO, barbis9 and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

i did. i replied.....
    ROMEO, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Just picked up the last thing i needed for DS's birthday gift... for Sept! I am so organized this year! I already have one thing wrapped. Will wrap the rest this week.
    It just poured here. I am going out now again hope it doesn't storm to hard. Hate driving in it.
    Giseledta and Ciel like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Scored stocking up on my boys fav shampoo at SDM. Dove for Men.
    14 bottles. Paid $26.30 OOP. Received $29.30 back in points!!!
    Giseledta, Ciel and coupon girl like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

yes thanks gesileta -sorry just looked at my emails an hour ago -had a long day babysitting cara and dealing with a minor health problem that is annoying me
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I saw a doctor this morning. Long and short of the appointment...more tests are being scheduled...I’m weaning off these migraine preventatives...doctor said eat meat, he doesn’t see skipping meat will help if it hasn’t helped already (6wks), concerned if I become anemic itd further complicate things...I ate chicken with supper tonight.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Wet day in the six today. Will look for a break in the weather to do a small shop at FreshCo and Loblaws. Light in the price matching but better than nothing. Still well under food budget for the month. Otherwise will sit and listen to the rain in the trees. Be well all!!
    Last edited by GoodBoy; Tue, Jul 30th, 2019 at 08:53 AM.
    barbis9 and Ciel like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I watered the garden before daycare kids arrived this morning. I have yellow beans to harvest. One zucchini is also ready to harvest. I’ll leave it until the day I plan on cooking and eating it, let it grow until then. The peas are slowing down, but still some more to harvest. I’m going to pull the one tomato plant, it doesn’t look like it has a chance of surviving. One other tomato plant is still struggling. I really don’t know why. They are a few plants apart. I also have Swiss chard, dill, chives, rhubarb, and possibly radishes ready to eat.

Last year I had 4 beefsteak tomatoes ready to harvest for August long weekend, but it doesn’t look like that is going to happen this year. We had a cold spring, so the plants were smaller when they did finally get put in the ground.
    barbis9 and SassyAshley like this.
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I am looking forward to doing some cooking tonight. And cleaning! Some of the upcoming sale flyers are being posted...some items on my list now so will wait till Thursday to buy. Don't really need much but fresh stuff and will give me lots of good meal ideas.
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I was thinking that Ancaster was being avoided by the rain (was hoping for it to pour by 6pm) but it came closer to 9:30pm (about 10-15min), then another round at 12:15am (yes, I was reading) and early around 6am today.
    Clammy humidity today. Hydro crew are cutting down the tree hit by the truck over a week ago; too many drivers today are still heavy on the gas pedal around the sharp corner so for that reason, my wish is that about 2m of trunk
    is left for the next driver not paying attention to road conditions.
    barbis9 and GoodBoy like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    ... my wish is that about 2m of trunk
    is left for the next driver not paying attention to road conditions.
    👍
    Ciel likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Did a little running around at lunch.
    1st stop No Frills. 12 Kind bars at $1 each less 12 x $1 coupons. My store didn't get the 4pk red peppers. Oh well we have one at home I need to use up 1st anyway.
    2nd stop Dollar Tree. $1.25 for a loaf of bread (Grilled cheese and French toast are back up dinners this week!)
    Last stop Walmart. 2 x $1.09 for 4pk Greek yogurt that expires in 7 days. 1 for fridge at work and 1 at home it will be gone before expiry date.
    $1.44 blueberries PM GT
    bunch of bananas (they weren't nice at No Frills)

Now on way home stop at SDM and use the 30% off frozen food offer x 2. Anyone use this today or before?
    Also will use 20% offer off of milk (I hope I can use on that?) and then get 20x the points on the milk.
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Don't forget to rescue any fruit or vegetables left on counter tops in this hot weather if air-conditioning or fans are not keeping things cool. You really don't desire to do cleanup in this heat or add fuzzies to the air.

Grateful for having cold apples in the fridge crisper (Golden Delicious and Granny Smith). The apples deal with my carb cravings or early morning breakfast needs at 6am. Think I'll prep some carrots in the crisper for snacking needs today.

I posted tortilla cup fillings in the It's Too Hot food thread plus dessert skewers (I was reading Good Housekeeping last night and thought to share the recipes). I'd love to try the banana/marshmallow/peanut butter skewer!
    ROMEO, barbis9 and GoodBoy like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

babysat my Ashlyn today -as she had a fever yesterday and today -so had to cancel the x-ray clinic with taking my my sister-in-law til Wednesday morning

Managed to go to shoppers with a 20% off card today friends and family got a nice container of red cherries for 3.99-20%=3.19-600 personal points=2.59 love getting fruit cheaper plus creamer for coffee
    barbis9, Ciel and SassyAshley like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I found a new local business that gives me good flexibility to recertify my First Aid, CPR, AED training. I completed the online testing this afternoon. I will complete the hands on training on Thursday evening. I should also point out that the course is about $60 cheaper than the competitors and I won’t need to pay for childcare while completing the course.

My newest daycare child started in my care in Nay, his mom just gave notice that he will be leaving my care at the end of August. His mom had told me that he was on the wait list at a daycare that is closer to their home, offers longer hours, and is provincially subsidizes. The mom barely gave me proper notice, but she will be getting her deposit back. I find it stressful when I suddenly need to fill a childcare spot, especially after a short period of time. My daycare girl has been in my care for nearly 1yr already. I also have another daycare boy who is her age, he started here at the beginning of April.
    Last edited by Angela273; Tue, Jul 30th, 2019 at 08:17 PM.
    Caddle Referral Code:

Page 34 of 36 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 LastLast

Thread Information