User Tag List

Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree1758Likes

Thread: August 2019 Frugal Chatter Thread (turbocharging everything with Sunshine!)

University Couponer
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Well just got off work and my manager offered me another shift for tonight. Of course I said yes. So that brings me up to 40hrs this week, 40hrs next week, and 40hrs the week after that. I see some bigger paycheques coming my way! I can put a little extra towards the OSAP loans (despite them being in a Grace Period right now)

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by johnb56789 View Post
    Well just got off work and my manager offered me another shift for tonight. Of course I said yes. So that brings me up to 40hrs this week, 40hrs next week, and 40hrs the week after that. I see some bigger paycheques coming my way! I can put a little extra towards the OSAP loans (despite them being in a Grace Period right now)
    Enjoy some of the extra $ on yourself too!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

2 loads of laundry hung up. i posted a item on a buy sell site.

my oldest asked for a bunch of stuff for her work lunches.. however.. she is spending 90% of her time at her boyfriends... so .. i am using the items. up. i am not a fan of food wastage.

ok. youngest is leaving for a week at a cottage with her friends.
    Middle is going to bring stuff to the place in oakville they are renting. hubby will be taking them.

bills are already paid. and money moved to where it needs to live.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    ... i am not a fan of food wastage.
    ... bills are already paid. and money moved to where it needs to live.
    👍

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

TGIF!!! Leftovers of chicken, rice and green beans were in fridge this morning still so I took for my lunch. Short day today, office closes early so will eat at my desk and go to Sally Ann and drop the boxes of clothing off.
    My upright freezer is so organized and beautiful lol. I plan on buying a few more bags of Mccain fries this week for .88 cents after sale and coupon. (cheaper then potatoes it seems! great for when DS had friends over) Since I am tossing basically all of the plastic containers in my house I have a huge empty cupboard. Will move some of my basics up so I can organize better (rice/beans/canned tomatoes etc)

Have a wonderful and safe long weekend everyone!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

I completed the course last night and got 93% on the final exam. Some of the exam questions were very poorly worded, but I only got 2 wrong. I’m good to go for the next 3yrs for First Aid, CPR (C), and AED training.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

University Couponer
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoodBoy View Post
    Enjoy some of the extra $ on yourself too!
    Oh, I already do plenty of that. I eat out a lot more than my budget allows for, but still a fair bit less than most of my generation would. For example, last month was $32.10 on eating out that I didn't really have the money for, and I've already spent $6.08 in the whole 2 days of August so far, but will hopefully be getting the free Ice Cream Sandwich at Marble Slab today for my treat.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angela273 View Post
    I completed the course last night and got 93% on the final exam. Some of the exam questions were very poorly worded, but I only got 2 wrong. I’m good to go for the next 3yrs for First Aid, CPR (C), and AED training.
    Isn't it a great feeling when you do well on a course? And I experienced much of the same during my time at Brock with Midterms and Exams that the wording seemed to/made absolutely no sense, but still managed to do well on them. Oh well, as long as you do well is all that matters, right?
    Last edited by johnb56789; Fri, Aug 2nd, 2019 at 06:19 PM.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Thanks John. Too bad that this exam is from The Red Cross, which only revises every 5yrs. A lot of people will take this poorly worded exam.

I sold yellow beans from my garden for $10 today. They were gone within 2hrs of being posted. More are still growing on my plants. Twin girl and I are enjoying snacking on them raw.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

University Couponer
    Trading Score
    13 (100%)

I also managed to work through my finances a little too. And if everything works out with paycheques and my hours into the end of the month, I should be able to make at least a $1,000 payment onto my OSAP Loans, maybe even $2,000!! Without going into savings! Which is still hovering around $8,000. Despite this job only being $15/hr, I'm managing to do a lot with it, combine with some Uber Eats driving, and still hopeful for a job at my friends work. That will bring in even more! At this rate, I may in fact have my loans paid in 2yrs or less!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening Everyone,
    I managed to take the day off and only responded to one email as our officers were supposed to cleaned and they did not show up so contacted the cleaning company. I also only took 1 call which was from my cousin and only took it as he called a couple times and was worried as normally he would only call once and then send an email. Turns out it was a personal call, looks like future sister-in-law Mom's health has taken a turn. I did not know anything so texted sis who told me what happened so I called cousin back to update him.

I slept in this morning and woke up with a ton of energy so I decided I wanted to go out and do something. Sadly $$$$ is still a huge issue so I decided we were going grocery shopping as that is in the budget. After seeing all of the amazing produce sales I decided we would go shopping and then I would do a large meal prep for the week to come. Not everyone's idea of fun but it makes me happy, I love chopping and prep work, honestly if I could I would totally do this as a side business as I can chop and prep for hours.

We got the following:
    6 x Red Peppers $2/lb
    6 x Cucumbers $0.65
    9 x Tomato on the Vine $0.65/lb
    1 x Radish Bunch $1
    1 x Avocado 4- Pack $2.50
    4 x Zucchini $1.00/lb
    2 x Broccoli $1.00
    2 x Carrots 2 lbs $1
    2 x Onions $0.50
    1 x Cantaloupe $1.50
    1 x Watermelon $4
    2 x Potatoes 10 lbs $3
    2 x Celery $1.99

We also grabbed Milk, Fresh Dill & Fresh Basil

I was kind of annoyed, really wanted to get some Corn to grill but No Frills had none.

Now I am prepping everything and tomorrow morning I am going to grill a ton of veggies for the week to come. This way they are ready to go. I have cleaned out the fridge and all older veggies will be grilled with a mix of a few new veggies. As well I plan to make a few Salads as well.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I went to a garage sale this morning
    (3) Barbie outfits 2.00 each
    (2) gym t-shirts the nylon ones for granddaughter 2.00 each
    (2) electrical push plates for the lights 1.00 each

pretty happy with my finds

then on to shoppers for 20 times the points-10.00 seniors promo discount card from a few weeks back
    stocked up[ on Palmolive 1.99-buy 2 save 1.00=1.49 each thank giseltda

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

@coupongirl glad the coupons got to you !!!

ok. took my mom to costco . picked up something for a dc mom. spent a bit more then i wanted to at costco . but not horrific. so all is good.
    went to shoppers.... 26 000 pts on a 66.00 ish shop. picked up everything i needed.
    2.00 to co 51, 1.00 to caddle. uploaded 3 recipts to swagbucks. got 15 .
    not 100% sure what supper is . but there is loads of food options here.

plan for the afternoon...
    i might work out side in the garden for a hour.. or so. my happy place.

work on the meal plan for August. watch a movie with hubby later... work sb.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

I got the mic stand from fedex yesterday at 11:15am it was what she wanted but she wasn’t happy that there wasn’t mic clip. So I had to go online yesterday and order not one but two mic clips.

I don’t feel so good today. I woke up early in the morning around 3:30am and talked a bit with some people who owe me some money. Then went back to sleep at 5:30am. It feels like a migraine almost.

I went to my MH appointment yesterday and she was late by 30mins then told me I didn’t have 30mins with her more to speak with her. I want to make a complaint that my time is valuable I almost thought she wasn’t there so I was going to leave, until I over heard the receptionist talking. Then they interrupted my conversation. Then Lauren my new case manager ask me what I wanted to talk about during my time there with her when she made the appointment. I don’t care if she is new and learning the ropes but my time is an hour not fricken 25mins. I felt like she was trying to get rid of me and when I started crying she did exactly the same thing my mother does when I cry invalidate me. She also told me she had no medical background but she works in the mental health field?!?!? I wonder if she has any training at all in the mental health field?!?!? She was sympathetic not empathetic her lack of knowledge or training in the field showed. I don’t find her a good fit at most I find a wall more receptive if I decided to yell at it bringing back my voice.

I am trying to feel better about my mental health but right now I don’t not even close and it’s a long weekend. Usually I lock myself away in my room and pretend that things are alright but there not I have hope and despair. And there is no direction because usually my life has direction if there isn’t a purpose.

Anyway I need to find my thermometer to take my temperature.

Laters

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Giseledta and Ciel like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Very productive day so far. Bit of shopping at No Frills. Cooked up taco beef and steak for fajitas. (Pulled meat from freezer) Cheese/lettuce etc all readybin fridge to whip up food quick since Ds works later today. Kitchen is spotless. Dining room cleaned. Put DS to work vaccuuming hardwood. Tons of garbage put out. Emptied tons of boxes of crap kept over the years. Made a good dent in storage room too. Papers and crap tossed. Laundry on the go and being put away as done.
    I have 2 shelving units almost cleaned off in basement. I may use for garage sale to organize the garage for now.

I have 2 dozen eggs that expire on 5th. I made DS two egg mcmuffins for breakfast and will do the next few days to use up. I will boil some Tuesday night for work Wed/thurs and fri.
    Oh and i made my guy his fav pudding for a surprise treat tonight since he is having a stressful work day.
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Sat, Aug 3rd, 2019 at 02:02 PM.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by flemeth View Post
    Good morning all a very busy day here getting thing together. Myself and family decided that since it’s a long weekend we can get away to go visit my side of the family. So enjoy your long weekend all.

Happy that we can access our inbox again so I am looking forward to start trading again and be able start PM members here.
    JOY!!! Most excellent news for everyone!
    Giseledta and Angela273 like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Page 4 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread Information