User Tag List

Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
Like Tree1758Likes

Thread: August 2019 Frugal Chatter Thread (turbocharging everything with Sunshine!)

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Must say that the past two days have been $$$ but finding a cardigan on sale at Marks and today, getting 2 Perrier cases for $3.99 at Shoppers (one-day special today) along with the pomegranate/orange San Pellegrino are my top gratitude buys for all the shopping in the first two days of August.
    No shoe luck (someone else bought up some size 12s so I have to come back later in month).

Topic of napkin holders-bought the bamboo one at Walmart (7.97) and later got the Umbra chirp metal one (I need to put something on the bottom of the 4 legs-only two had protectors)with birds and spaces for two sets of napkins ($5.99) Winners. The only other napkin holder at Winners (in the paper towel holder section of Home) was a flat square holder with a double arm lever for $12.99. I even checked out any napkin holders at Talize but only saw ceramic styles and one very old wooden one (circa 70s or early 80 as it had depressions for salt/pepper shakers too). Yes, I'm happy with the holders but yowsers, I had no idea how hard it is to fight lightweight or non-metal napkin holders.

Dollarama on Upper James/Rymal had some gift bags I liked-I got allover designs so they can be used for whichever occasion warrants a gift bag. I cannot find a solid navy blue gift bag, only teal/turquoise. Is there a reason?

Sobeys will stop stocking plastic bags in all of its locations by next January. Look for new recycled plastic reusable mesh produce bags soon. Affliated Empire stores are using or will be using paper bags.
    https://www.hamiltonnews.com/news-st...-january-2020/

Wonder how Sobey's online shopping service will pack orders if plastic bags won't be in use?
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Morning spent getting laundry done, the living room vacuumed and vinyl floor swept (and a fast trip to Shoppers).

Ms. Sunshine is quite hot today but next Saturday will only have a high of 25C! I think we might be in for some rain later in the afternoon (per forecast on TV a day ago).
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

The small birthday party for our twins is winding down. Our twins agreed on rainbow coloured cupcakes. I think they turned out great. It was my first time making that type. Green icing for twin boy and pink icing for twin girl. I ordered 2 medium pizzas from Dominos. I opened the boxes when I went to pick them up. One was supposed to be half cheese for a girl at the party, but the pizza was made wrong. So they made a medium cheese pizza for free. 3 pizzas for the price of 2 mediums on sale. He also gave me a discount card to order another pizza at a reduced price.

I used sone of my Swagbucks Amazon.ca money to order 2 good sized monster trucks for our twins. They were very happy with them. Right away ds was asking for one for his birthday, which is in September.

My mom and her fiancé are driving down from 5hrs away. They booked a hotel room for the weekend.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Yes its glorious being able to message other scer's I did yesterday

Hung 2 loads today -hubby and I were gonna go out of town ,but decided we were a bit tired at least I was -I guess watching the girls 3 days last week caught up to me

Just painted my toe nails a fiery red 3.99 I paid today at shoppers "sally hanson" I would never pay anymore than that

Supper lasagna with fresh bread

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

We are going over to my brother's for a BBQ tonight. Glad to be home again.
    Giseledta, ROMEO, barbis9 and 3 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Evening Everyone,
    Super productive day here. I did a lot of meal prepping which is my happy place. I made:
    German Cucumber Salad

Then on the BBQ I made:
    Marinated Veggies (3 Zucchini, 4 Peppers, 2 Onions & 1 package of Button Mushrooms)
    Tray of Roasted Potatoes
    Pan of Roasted Tomatoes (Old Cherry Tomatoes I needed to use up)
    1 Package of Radishes

I cleaned well I went and also re arranged to the fridge to make more room. It looks like our fridge was over flowing when it was really just everything tossed and there.

Now it is time to figure out dinner.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

forgot t mention.. returne 2 items at costco today

then hubby and i took middle child to see Hobbs and shaw. definatly worth t he family time
    ROMEO, Angela273, barbis9 and 4 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Giseledta View Post
    @coupongirl glad the coupons got to you !!!

ok. took my mom to costco . picked up something for a dc mom. spent a bit more then i wanted to at costco . but not horrific. so all is good.
    went to shoppers.... 26 000 pts on a 66.00 ish shop. picked up everything i needed.
    2.00 to co 51, 1.00 to caddle. uploaded 3 recipts to swagbucks. got 15 .
    not 100% sure what supper is . but there is loads of food options here.

plan for the afternoon...
    i might work out side in the garden for a hour.. or so. my happy place.

work on the meal plan for August. watch a movie with hubby later... work sb.
    were there any deals at Costco? I haven't been for a while.
    ROMEO, avoncallingu, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by barbis9 View Post
    were there any deals at Costco? I haven't been for a while.
    nothing fantastic.

they had snow suits out... omg. snow suits
    or Swagbucks
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

I spent most of the day in bed a migraine from hell. I went out for a brief walk to the corner store it is really really really hot outside. Currently 26 feels like 28C apparently the high for today was 27 but felt like 32C. tomorrow its suppose to be high of 32C but probably feels way hotter. It definitely feels muggy in my apartment the fan and the AC is going to be going all night at this rate. It’s definitely August. But did I tell you I am done with summer since we got it early in first week of May and it wasn’t official till later.

My birthday is 10 days away and my mom asked me what I wanted for my birthday I said an instant pot. This time 5 years ago she surprised me with a Portable AC unit which was for my 30th birthday. I could of just asked for money but my mom likes to shop so I gave her an idea of what I wanted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Live, Love, Laugh

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Saw this walking by this morning. May also be on the Sunday prior for members. YMMV

Have a superb Sunday all!!

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    After I posted yesterday I kept working away in the kitchen. I made Garlic Garlic Dip and then I grated Mozzarella, Cheddar and Parmesan Cheese for tonight's dinner.

Tonight I am going to make Naan Pizzas:
    One veggie, Mushroom, Onion Peppers
    One Margherita, Roasted Cherry Tomatoes, bocconcini, Fresh Basil
    One bruschetta, Homemade Brushetta Mix with Parm
    One maker's choice, Bacon, Mushroom, Onion and Cheddar

Also going to make a few Salads to go on the side:
    German Cucumber (already made yesterday)
    Cesar Salad
    Caprese Salad

This morning I started chopping up veggies to keep in the fridge, my own version of a veggie platter. So far I have broccoli and carrots cut up, I still need to cut up celery. I will also prep everything for dinner, I went to bed late last night and woke up early so I have a feeling I will crash early tonight.

Had a weird debate with Mom last night. Our fridge is very full which makes me super happy as we do not need to shop and we have tons of choices. Where is apparently our fridge being so full stresses Mom out as she would prefer to have less food and shop more often. I just laughed, I think I won since I am the one who pays for the groceries, writes the lists and usually goes to the store.

Alright well, I better get back to my prep. Have a wonderful day everyone.
    Last edited by SassyAshley; Sun, Aug 4th, 2019 at 11:41 AM.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Sassy - maybe to many choices over whelm her. ...
    however .. i am totally side sassy on this debate. a full fridge gives me calm . less trips to the grocery store... calm.. peace in my soul.
    or Swagbucks

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

ok. sunday.

i am not sure exactly what today will bring. i have a tad bit of a headache

i may do a tea order.
    i do need to go over to my moms for a bit.
    and to home hardwear for a few items. nothing big, but needs.

laundry is needing to be done today.
    maybe a movie with hubby later.

i am tossed up between making a nice supper... stuffed chicken breasts, baby potatoes.. grilled veggies....
    hmm. and frozen pizza..... lol.. prob will bbq. i am feeling the bbq love today. i have some nice asperagus.. hmmm.

ok. pretty mellow day. after the visit to my mom. we are starting kinda to tackle my dads shop. emotionally that will be hard. and insanely long.. so long.

ok. hugs to all. i am sure i will be back later. lol.
    or Swagbucks

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

Beef stroganoff is cooking in the slow cooker for lunch or dinner whatever happens, happens. I went to Walmart first thing to buy no yolk noodles and sour cream. I lucked out and found sour cream for discount of $1.92 regular price $2.67. I also found a 4 pack of key lime yogurt for my yogurt fiend friend for $2.10 regular $2.96. I also bought lots of drinks my favourite 3x brisk ice tea and lemonade watermelon flavour and a case of wild cherry Dr Pepper. And some 50x paper plates by great value.

It is hot outside already I don’t feel comfortable at all.

I was in the garden I always had slight allergy to tomatoes I think I have a rash from touching those plants. I did come inside and wash my arm. The swelling and itching component went down now.

Gosh darn it smells wonderful in here.

I do feel sad that person who was in obvious psychosis is now evicted from the building. They are doing things all wrong instead of helping people they throwing them out on the street.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by greentires4me; Sun, Aug 4th, 2019 at 12:48 PM.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Page 5 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread Information