User Tag List

Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49
Like Tree3914Likes

Thread: What small thing did you do today to save money?

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    74 (100%)

My coffee brewer went on the fritz today. We have to replace the coffee maker about every two years because we use it constantly. So I walked into the pantry where there are 2 spares that I bought when the hardware store had them on sale for $13 each. I try to keep at least one spare of relatively inexpensive things that I know we are going to need...that is, I keep a spare if I can pick it up at 50% or less than the normal cost. Otherwise, you get into time preference with the money spent/invested vs. the money in your hand.
    ROMEO, Silk, Tweets77 and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

I cleaned out the freezer on the bottom of the fridge last night and cooked up dinner. Also gave me an idea of what we need to use up and not to buy. Lots of ideas and using food already paid for!

Trading Score
    169 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by wendymac View Post
    My coffee brewer went on the fritz today. We have to replace the coffee maker about every two years because we use it constantly. So I walked into the pantry where there are 2 spares that I bought when the hardware store had them on sale for $13 each. I try to keep at least one spare of relatively inexpensive things that I know we are going to need...that is, I keep a spare if I can pick it up at 50% or less than the normal cost. Otherwise, you get into time preference with the money spent/invested vs. the money in your hand.
    I have done the same thing for years @wendymac . The brewer always seems to quit on the weekends too!
    wendymac and Ciel like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

i did that on monday. i was like.. omg.. found a few treasures. quickly made up a list of meals to go with .. easy peasy
    Ciel likes this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    74 (100%)

@Tweets77 Yep. It always dies when all the stores are closed. Maybe not an emergency in most households, but my DH's personality hinges on a stiff cuppa coffee in the morning. I used to tiptoe to his bedside and leave a cup on the the bedside table every morning. Things have improved dramatically since then. But coffee=domestic tranquility.
    Tweets77 and Ciel like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I prepped my whole week's lunch boxes today. Eating out everyday was getting way too expensive for me. Besides savings, I know exactly what i'm putting in my body!
    Giseledta, Silk, Tweets77 and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

For the next 2 weeks I am trying to "NOT" touch the grocery budget money. I want it to build. I also don't want to use my PC pts either.
    So...the plan is to be creative and use food on hand. Only fresh stuff will be bought and will use the bag of change I have set aside for this.
    Giseledta, Silk and Ciel like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Preparing a big cold pastas salad for the week end and week instead of buying it at full price.
    Preparing and planning better what I eat and what I need to buy,do menu planning and Watch the much possible grocery price in flyers
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Did the cleaning of the frigo and freezer and rotate stuff so now I know what its available and fresh not expired
    Silk and GoodBoy like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Do my own iced thea nestea in pouche instead of buying at the unity with crazy price.
    GoodBoy likes this.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

A couple of weeks ago, I started keeping a fairly large plastic tub (4L I think) in or by the kitchen sink. When I do things like rinse fruit and veg or my hands, or run the water until it warms up before washing dishes, that water used to go down the drain. Now, I do these thing in or over the tub, and capture to water to re-purpose, generally for watering plants.

I realize this doesn't save a lot of money, but fwiw, our two-person family averages almost two full tubs per day.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Even though it is a low hydro period am only running the ductless AC in the bedroom/sunroom and not in the office. I track hydro usage daily and every little bit helps!
    Tweets77 and sweetmomma like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Arjon View Post
    A couple of weeks ago, I started keeping a fairly large plastic tub (4L I think) in or by the kitchen sink. When I do things like rinse fruit and veg or my hands, or run the water until it warms up before washing dishes, that water used to go down the drain. Now, I do these thing in or over the tub, and capture to water to re-purpose, generally for watering plants.

I realize this doesn't save a lot of money, but fwiw, our two-person family averages almost two full tubs per day.
    i fill water bottles that way.. use it to water plants..
    i am actually notkilling my plants from lack of watering anymore....lol.
    scouponer, GoodBoy and Arjon like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I parked the car in the shade (instead of the garage) so DDIL could detail and wash it! This instead of paying to run it through a car was. Looks so good we might not take it out of the garage tomorrow (unfortunately not true - have a job to do and can’t walk there)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Silk and Tweets77 like this.
    My Orange Key 44990243S1

https://surveys.gobranded.com/users/...f49b113b291653

Starting a new Chapter in the Golden Horseshoe in 2017!

Page 49 of 49 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49

Thread Information