User Tag List

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree126Likes

Thread: Flashfood rolled out in many areas of ON

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Thatdone View Post
    Looks like the Zehrs in Bradford is onboard with flashffood now
    It looks like quite a number of Zehrs locations have started to participate, but not all; e.g. not the Oakville or Brampton stores.

I'm guessing the rest will join before long, and it wouldn't be much of a surprise to see other banners like Fortinos and YIG as well.
    ROMEO and Anna Michele like this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

My Loblaws is really lax in adding new products and they never discount the prices more than what they charged the first day.
    ROMEO and dededi like this.

My Tangerine Key is:39626323S1

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Both of the Loblaws nearish to me have stepped up the game and are adding products every day or every other day. Is this only a Loblaws thing or are there any other stores like Metro doing this? All I've seen is Loblaws and RCSS so far.

Yesterday I bought 2 Simply Orange juice for .94 cents each!
    Last edited by Miss Molly; Thu, Aug 1st, 2019 at 10:53 PM.
    dededi likes this.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Molly View Post
    Both of the Loblaws nearish to me have stepped up the game and are adding products every day or every other day. Is this only a Loblaws thing or are there any other stores like Metro doing this? All I've seen is Loblaws and RCSS so far.
    Zehrs started recently and one No Frills in London has been in since the test phase, before the rollout. No stores outside the Loblaw group afaik though.
    dededi likes this.

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

I got these today $5 a box

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Great find! those fruits are really good for juicing if you do that, makes a nice healthy drink.... and also you can quickloy pop those green beans in the freezer
    ROMEO, Miss Molly and dededi like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Hey, can I just say "Thanks!" to everyone who has contributed to this thread?

I only occasionally wander into other areas of SC, but I've been reading this thread off/on for a little while. It's kinda neat seeing what others are buying, especially when there are pics. I've been watching my local RCSS for deals, but they are slooooow in posting new products. I've only snagged 1 meat(y) deal which I froze immediately. I can see other shoppers are buying them, though...while I was debating on buying something, it disappeared a few hours later. It was funny -- they had about 15 of them, so I thought I had a lot more time to decide. Ugh. Oh, well, I really don't have room in my fridge/freezer.

Anyway...did you know you can check how many items are in stock if you keep pressing on the plus (+) sign? It will add the items to the cart until they run out, which lets you know how many the store has in stock. Afterwards, just hit the minus (-) sign to remove them from cart if you're not buying.

I'm really curious if people are getting good value from the fruit/veggie boxes. Some of the pics in the app from other locations have been of a lot of lemons/limes, or others that I wouldn't use. Since there's an Asian grocery store near me, I often get better value shopping there. So far, i think my local RCSS does a better job clearing out their "reduced" items on their own...but I'm hoping as they become more familiar with Flashfood, they'll add to their variety.

So, um,....is it okay if I do the CHECK OUT MY SIGNATURE!!! (loud yelling, with crazy eyes)

LOL. cough. cough. Just in case anyone hasn't joined, and may be interested, there's the obligatory link that will give you/me a credit if you join and use Flashfood. BUT -- I encourage anyone to request a link from any of the posters who have contributed, too. It's just cool to give someone who adds to the thread a little bonus.

And...hey, SC email is working again! If I'm outta line, you can tag me and I'll edit my post...! Heh heh. Cheers!
    rayray, ROMEO, dededi and 2 others like this.
    Want to buy me a coffee? You can! But, you don't have to! In fact, I encourage you not to. ('Cuz postage is ridiculous). But, if you insist on it...well, you can drop a buck, or two, here: paypal.me/cyn88canada I emphasize, you do NOT have to -- a coffee icon tossed my way is gold. + =
    Illegitimi non carborundum!!

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

So my boxes ended up being meh its def too much even for my big family to go through. We ate up alot the first day or two but I will be more cautious on a fruit & veg box next time

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Ohhhh...this is embarrassing. (So, so embarrassing. I wonder if I can trade places with Oscar the Grouch for a few days). Ahem, the reason I was all crazy eyes about my sig. is that I had replaced my usual one with Flashfood referral link one...just in case someone might still need one to sign up.
    Let me take a moment to try to fix it. If it doesn't work, the SC email system seems to be working again, and I encourage a new user to ask for a referral from anyone is this thread...! The $5/$7 is pretty hefty bonus and well worth a random PM, imo...

[...if SC updates a user's sig file to their current version, even on older posts, errrrr....yeah, just pretend you did not read anything from me in this thread. I'll poke my head back into SC next week, hopefully with some distracting flyer pics to enjoy...]

Gah...I really want to try a produce box, but my RCSS has not had one, and I'm a bit leery of my location. They're kinda sneaky. One time I bought discounted mushrooms -- they looked great in the plastic wrap. But...when I got them home and opened them, under the top layer, all the mushrooms were stinky and gross...ugh. There was no way the package would be like that unless it was done deliberately. I debated returning them, and complaining, (it was justified), but the time taken wouldn't be worth it. I ended up tossing the whole pack, but it left a sour note, and I'm always extra careful now. I mean, sure it's a reduced price item, but that pack was not in "sell" condition, at all.

(Sorry, folks, my "ramble" filter has gone missing...)
    Anna Michele, Cata, dededi and 1 others like this.
    Want to buy me a coffee? You can! But, you don't have to! In fact, I encourage you not to. ('Cuz postage is ridiculous). But, if you insist on it...well, you can drop a buck, or two, here: paypal.me/cyn88canada I emphasize, you do NOT have to -- a coffee icon tossed my way is gold. + =

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

So...I found out some interesting info at the RCSS when I stocked up on Yves products (and a couple of chocolate spread bottles for .94) last week. See, I tried to use my PC Optimum and the young guy was all about educating me about the process.

Flashfood is apparently a separate company and buys the food from RCSS...so of course the Optimum doesn’t work there

But in my area, I noticed the deals were more prevalent first thing in the morning.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    My Orange Key 44990243S1

https://surveys.gobranded.com/users/...f49b113b291653

Starting a new Chapter in the Golden Horseshoe in 2017!

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

I was just reading the reviews for this app and saw that most of the food is donated. The stores don't really have to do much except provide space and electricity. Of course the bonus for them is that they get people in the door - and I'm one of those people. I won't buy something from the app without going to the store.
    Angela273 and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    195 (100%)

Is there a way to use a referral link from an ipad. When I click on the one of the referral links it wants to send an sms message using a phone number but I'm trying to get it on my ipad which doesn't have a phone number.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ladybug2011 View Post
    Is there a way to use a referral link from an ipad. When I click on the one of the referral links it wants to send an sms message using a phone number but I'm trying to get it on my ipad which doesn't have a phone number.
    I'm....not exactly sure of the answer. I had someone ask me this a little while back when they tried installing on an iphone. I know nothing of itech, but what they ended up doing was contacting the flashfood staff with the referral link. I think they did this via their PC. I'm certain that they did get it working on their iphone, as they later did a flashfood buy, received their $5 referral immediately, then made another order while still in the parking lot. (So, they picked up two orders in one trip to the store).

Unfortunately, I don't know the nitty gritty of how they installed it, just that they did get it working. (They sent me updates, and it took less than a day to install, so they flashfood team may be fairly quick to respond).

Good luck! Sorry I can't provide a better answer.
    (...and my RCSS continues to disappoint with a lack of good offers...la sigh...)
    Ladybug2011 and dededi like this.

Trading Score
    195 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by cyn88canada View Post
    I'm....not exactly sure of the answer. I had someone ask me this a little while back when they tried installing on an iphone. I know nothing of itech, but what they ended up doing was contacting the flashfood staff with the referral link. I think they did this via their PC. I'm certain that they did get it working on their iphone, as they later did a flashfood buy, received their $5 referral immediately, then made another order while still in the parking lot. (So, they picked up two orders in one trip to the store).

Unfortunately, I don't know the nitty gritty of how they installed it, just that they did get it working. (They sent me updates, and it took less than a day to install, so they flashfood team may be fairly quick to respond).

Good luck! Sorry I can't provide a better answer.
    (...and my RCSS continues to disappoint with a lack of good offers...la sigh...)
    Thanks @cyn88canada . I'll contact them.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Be aware that the quantities shown in the app aren't always right up to date. Earlier this afternoon, the app showed five 500 gm packages of XL ground beef for $2 (reg. price $8), but there was only one when I looked in the fridge. CS told me this was because quantities have to be updated manually, which doesn't necessarily happen right away.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread Information