Like Tree10Likes
  • 3 Post By TudorChick
  • 3 Post By EvilTofu
  • 2 Post By elizabethdparks
  • 1 Post By willynilly

Thread: Your recommendations on anti- aging products

Trading Score
    7 (100%)

I have found lately that at 35 my purchases for Skincare have gone up, obviously LOL, but in all seriousness. I was never one to use more than sunscreen and maybe a mask every week. Now I not only still use sunscreen, but I've upped my mask intake to a few times a week and increased buying things like serums, night creams, primers and anti-aging makeup

So I ask, what is worth buying, worth spending money on, what you can save money on and what you need and don't need.

Obviously most of us are frugal, as am I. Is the fifty dollar creme needed over the comparable twenty dollar creme?

I'm clueless and I am now Middle Aged! (scream)

My problems that i would like tips for...

I get bags under my eyes, I have super dry skin on my face , feet and hands, and i also rash easy to too many chemicals.

Appreciate the input fellow People.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    ROMEO, walkonby and dededi like this.

~just your average nerd~

Trading Score
    20 (100%)

A really good resource I have used for years is Beautypedia.com
    It originally started as a book called "Don't Go to the Cosmetics Counter Without Me". Over the years it became available online and now is known as Beautypedia.

Excellent resource for reviews on many products, with references to published, scientific research when talking about specific ingredients.

Essentially you want to use sunscreen, 365 days a year. Antioxidants, Retinoids, Exfoliants and other types of ingredients are awesome, but it really depends on what your personal needs are.

Another excellent resource is the Paula's Choice youtube channel.
    Bryan Baron does weekly live chats, usually on Thursdays. He answers viewer questions, and his level of knowledge is incredible. He is my absolute favourite person to watch on Youtube.
    In 2020 I had 100 FREE Grocery pickups! Subscribe to PC Optimum Insiders & get 25,000 PC Optimum pts
    Get 10% back in points on all PC products - Free PC Express pickup with priority time slots - Free shipping with no minimum spend on joefresh.com and shoppersdrugmart.ca
    R
    eferral code to sign up: AN1455

Banned
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Check all of the products which contain hialuronic acid
    Last edited by natalieroi; Sat, Sep 22nd, 2018 at 07:23 AM.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I like Olay product as a anti-aging cream for face.

Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I'm 42 but still mistaken as college-age. I'm Asian, so that is part of it. I don't smoke, drink, and rarely eat processed food. Diet is more important than products, I think. Try to eat more fruits and vegetables.

I suggest reading books by dermatologists. Don't listen to nonsense from beauticians. I highly recommend "Skin Type Solutions" by Leslie Baumann and "It's not just about Wrinkles" by Neal Schultz.

I also read "Beyond soap: the real truth about what you are doing to your skin and how to fix it for a beautiful, healthy glow" few months ago. Basically, you might be damaging your skin with too much products. Less is more.

The best anti-aging product is a sunscreen. Use it daily. Look for ones with UVA protection, the PA+++. SPF is only for UVB. A for aging, B for burning. Your well-known drugstore brands like Nuetrogena or La posay roche are good enough.

You're better off not using masks at all, they aren't good for you. Clay masks do take off some dead skin but a peel is more effective. Wet sheet masks can mislead your skin to think you live in a moist environment, so it would hold on to less water. It's an addiction.

For dry hands and feet, I highly recommend "Working Hands". My friends always make fun of me for buying creams at hardware store, but it works! It's so strong, a dab is all you need.

In the end, we have all different needs. Good luck!
    ROMEO, walkonby and dededi like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'd suggest that you try natural solutions first. Be well rested and all else follows. Nothing beats the natural healing power of the body. Trust me! If all else fails, try organic and natural alternatives.
    ROMEO and dededi like this.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I'm super into being frugal and also skin care, and have done a lot of research and these are the things that I try to do.

1. Sunscreen everyday (ideally a mineral sunscreen)
    2. Differin cream before bed (It's $10/tube at Walmart in the USA)
    3. Exercise regularly
    4. Collagen Supplements (SDM has good sale prices, $15 for 60 day supply - not sure if it works, but there is promising research)
    5. Wash my face only at night with just my fingers
    6. Moisturizer with Hyloronic acid (Cerave is great and lasts a long time)
    7. Don't use any sort of mechanical exfoliation (scrubbing, brushes, etc)
    8. The occasional chemical peel
    9. Try to maintain a reasonable diet

I think that's mainly it. I'm 36, but people say they think i'm in my 20's.

Dr. Dray is a great youtube to watch <3
    dededi likes this.

Thread Information