User Tag List

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree1422Likes

Thread: September 2019 Frugal Chatter-Ring the bell for deals and goal adjustments

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Do not think I would like Stuffed Pepper soup. Do not like Stuffed Peppers!
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Thank you @Ciel for always starting these thread.
    My day was a lazy day . I finish reading a book that I got from the library.
    DH made Burgers ,corn and peppers for dinner.
    Now the kitchen is cleaned and it’s TV time for me.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

evening my day was a busy day watched Sebastian til 1.00 p.m ,as my daughter andher hubby along with his family made 360 jars of pasta sauce (they do it every 2 years)

Then come 2.00 p.m my son came with his girls and wife and we had a bbq ,burgers ,hotdogs and corn on cob and salads (of course it rained all day)we had the most delicious cherry pie

Sebastian and I went to a garage sale this morning for 3.00 I got a childs blow up chair ,magnetic fishing set and a transformer for Sebastian ,pretty good deals

So glad my grandkids are home now as I am wiped want to relax the rest of the night
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Good Labour Day morning to all here!!

Nothing on the agenda today.

Will start the day with coffee and take it from there.

Enjoy the day folks!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning my friends.
    My Thor walked, kitchen is cleaned and family room along with the entire house is tidy up and mop, Laundry in done . Now my day will be to relax, read and watch a movie.
    Didn't go out yesterday so no spending here
    Dinner will be fish with rice and salad
    Hope everyone is having a great Monday off

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

morning all.

plan for the day is laundry.. and working on the yard.
    i have about 30 min of inside housework .. outside of laundry. to do .

other then that .. i need to just relax .. might research stains for the front deck.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Yesterday afternoon ds and I picked apples in a person’s back yard. They taste and look like a cross between crab apples and regular apples. I need to wash and chop them for the freezer. I mostly use them for apple crisps.

I babysat a child over night last night. It went smoothly and there’s extra money in my pocket.

I have two new daycare children starting this week.

Tomorrow is ds’ first day of Grade 2 and he’ll be taking the bus to his new school. I’m having him practice his bus number and the bus driver’s name. The new girl will start catching the bus with him on Wednesday.

Rain and wind again last night and today. Tomatoes are slowly ripening on the plants. I’ve been selling the extras. Toasted tomato sandwiches are delicious.
    Last edited by Angela273; Mon, Sep 2nd, 2019 at 12:59 PM.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 3 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Nothing big planned for today.

Laundry is going, it is half way done now.

We decided on a nice Sunday Dinner, yes I know it is Monday. We are making a Roast Beef with Gravy, Mashed Potatoes and I still need to decide on a veggie, thinking a pan of roasted Veggies as I do have Broccoli, Cauliflower and Carrots in the fridge.

I need to re organize my fridge today, I do not think it is actually that full just disorganized. I do not think we really need anymore groceries this week although I might grab a few things tomorrow when we go out to just to start re stocking our stockpile. I noticed we are getting low on Pasta and I might also see if they have more conditioner in stock as I wanted 5 but they only had 3 when I went Thursday. They missed giving me the point on my Shampoo and Conditioner so I put in a point inquiry, got my points but the offer still remains so I might see if I can grab 2 or 3 more.

Tomorrow I need to go out after work and get a few more things for my Bro's wedding. I may give up on finding shoes, due to the colour of the dress I need light coloured shoes and it has been suggested we should all wear a low chunky heel as we will be walking on grass with no runner. The bride had said flats were fine but now it looks like all the others bridesmaids are getting heels. But I cannot find any that fit me so I may just wear my flats. I think it will also grab a nice pink lipstick to wear, I do not have one as I normally do not wear lipstick.

Gotta figure out how I am going to get everything done with my upcoming schedule. This weekend is Bros wedding and then I have an insane work week so not sure where I will fit in grocery shopping and laundry. I have already come to terms with the fact I will not get anything done around the house.

Alright well I need to go and find a Chocolate Peanut Butter recipe, Bro has asked my wedding gift be a Chocolate Peanut Dessert, not sure what I will make yet. Honestly kind of torn as I am not really sure when I can make the dessert as I work all week, Friday is the rehearsal after work and Saturday we have the wedding and they want us there is the morning as they want everyone to get ready together. So I may have to make the dessert Thursday so I need something that will keep. Although it was suggested the bridesmaids should all have their nails done for the wedding which means I would have to do that Thursday after work.

Hope everyone enjoys their holiday Monday.
    barbis9, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

I am so glad it's September, while I know members aren't looking forward to cooler weather, I welcome it with open arms. The humidity this summer was so bad, even with a/c, my migraine headaches were terrible. I lost so many days to heat and pressure changes.

I overspent last month and am encouraged by the deals members are getting. I really like this forum and make a point of visiting it each day.
    JadeAngel, Ciel, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Hi all!
    Hope you all had a great long weekend.
    We did. It was great and we were out Fri, Sat and Sun night.
    I have the last load of laundry in the dryer. I have chicken in the oven. I made green beans and fried rice (used up leftover rice) cleaned out the fridge, prepped my lunch for tomorrow '- a nice salad. Veggies and dip. Boiled egg.
    Cleaned the kitchen as i cooked. Droppin DS off at work soon. Then im relaxing.

I went to RCSS today and bought 4 packages of sandwich meat, croissants, yogurt and bananas. It came to $20 even and i redeemed pc pts. At Food basics i bought 4 pk peppers and 3pk romaine hearts. We are set for the week.
    DS will be happy with his healthy lunches. The food i made today will do us tonight and tomorrow night. I will cook lots again Wednesday night i vow to keep on it so we have good healthy food ready/planned and no money spent on anything the next while. Use up what we have!

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

barbis -i love shopping mostly online ,sometimes i overspend but its for gifts ,out of season items ,very rarely for me

I did shop at indigo today online got a lovley outdoor green/blue blanket 15.50 reg 49.00 for next year or the fall if needed plus I got 2,500 plum points as a birthday bonus as my birthday is the end of the month ,so that is a future 5.00 off next order

supper pasta and salad
    barbis9, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

So I tried my free Starbucks Nitro Cold Brew today (Size: Tall). It would have been $5.03 all in if I had paid for it but I had a barcode for a free one. Glad it was free as i do not see the attraction. It was cold coffee. Yes it was refreshing but it was still cold coffee served from a tap as draft beer would be. A slight crema on top. Would never pay $5.03 for it. Will not have it again! Give me a Venti Bold any day of the week

Edited: added photo

Last edited by GoodBoy; Mon, Sep 2nd, 2019 at 09:23 PM.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Spent the day meal prepping. Since our oldest does most of the cooking things will change as he will get home from school the same time we get off the train three days a week. So DH and I made sure we have our breakfast and lunches ready for the week. Used lots of kale and tomatoes from the garden today. W e each have one meal we are responsible for during the week. The younger already announced he is cooking pasta on his nights. Older son plans to keep his job so he may get a free pass on meal prep for the 1st month as he figures out a routine of school and work.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 2 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

DS made a comment that there is so much food ready in containers in the fridge. I am ready!! So happy to be ready for the week. I think a roast beef dinner with all the fixings will be on the menu Wednesday night. I have everything on hand for it.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

sent messages to the kids for school. sigh.

my day will only have 3 kids today. should be a quiet one. hopefully.
    park mid morning,
    paid all the bills. feel kinda broke.
    hubby and i are going to sell our trailer. we dont use it. it can go

hubby needs to go over tonight and get my moms garbage.

not sure what supper will be ... prob chicken and rice. with baby carrots.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information