User Tag List

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree1422Likes

Thread: September 2019 Frugal Chatter-Ring the bell for deals and goal adjustments

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning! Phew! I think today was the smoothest back to school ever for me. I packed DS's lunch and drove him to school today. He can make sure he has a lunch ready and take the bus going forward.
    I even washed up the breakfast dishes and knives from making his lunch .
    I left him a nice note for when he gets home to hang up his uniform and empty the dishwasher.
    Dinner is in the fridge Tonight will be a relaxing night.

I had a pc offer for 400 pts per $2 spent on Armstrong cheese. I bought 10 bars at No Frills (on sale $3 something) and used .75 off coupons. I didn't get the points but did an inquiry and they gave them to me. I still have the offer so will buy more old cheese so we are stocked up for mac and cheese all winter long. Good timing on this deal!
    Giseledta, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Wow, it's Sept 3 already. Yesterday, I thought our local beer store was open but it was not. So I joined the other people shopping at the nearby Shoppers for snacks and beverages-brisk trade around noon! I picked 7 large cucumbers and two large tomatoes and a few cherry tomatoes. Think the tomatoes will finish in a week but the cucumbers might last until mid-September however there seem to be several cucumbers coming along at the same time. Noticed some signs of sprouting from the rows of arugula planted over a week ago-nothing going on with radishes or carrots-probably need watering.

I have three Pepsi contest caps left to enter for this week's last grand prize (cash!). I have managed not to drink any Pepsi or consume caffeine for the days of September. Will see if I can the ability to make the change last for the rest of the month (I have hot flashes daily, sometimes twice daily).

Made some progress in reading sections of the Martha Manual and intend to finish the other sections today and return the library book tomorrow.

The request for new bus schedules via the municipal centre-I asked today for an ETA of delivery (I was hoping this week) but I was told the end of the month. Not fast enough. Intend to print off one particular schedule as three copies given the change in weekday frequency as of Sept. 1.

Was surprised to see a VIP offer from SampleSource today for a Special K bar sample. Yes, I agreed to get one! Did all of the SCers who participate in the semi-annual sampling boxes also get the e-mail? I stopped the sampling boxes bit over a year ago thus my surprise at getting this new offer.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Just a heads up that on the websaver.ca site the Black Diamond $1.00 off coupon on shredded cheese is good until 03/31/2020. Two prints were allowed but printing needed to be done within 1 hour of receiving the coupon file.
    Last edited by GoodBoy; Tue, Sep 3rd, 2019 at 11:59 AM.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

In case anyone is coming from outside of Hamilton to the Juravinski Cancer Centre, the main driveway will be closed for three months. Use the alternate entrance: https://www.hamiltonnews.com/communi...-three-months/

You can find a pdf map on the hospital page for drop-offs and pick-ups of patients: https://www.hamiltonhealthsciences.c...cancer-centre/
    Giseledta, barbis9 and lilo0003 like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Afternoon -I went out this morning to once upon a child got $8.50 for daughter, $32.95 for daughter-in-law
    then bought a 2.00 bib for granddaughter

Then on to talize I donated 2 bags and got a 30% off coupon I then spent 31.69
    I got 2 long sleeve tops for fall ,capris 9.99-50%=4.99 as they were 50% off today one zara short sleeve top 5.99-1.80=4.19 and a pretty flower studded ring for me 2.99-30%=2.09 plus lovely summer sandels 6.99 after 30% off

Then on to denningers I spent 25 got fresh bread ,deli meat ,fresh meat pies and a cinnamon bun for me -yummmm

Then home ,supper tonight meat pies ,tomatoes and corn on cob
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Received my Bear Naked Granola coupons today (expiry 2019-Sep-30) and also my Astro Kefir Probiotic coupons (expiry 2019-Dec-31).

Note regarding the yogurt coupons. If you were able to get a printable coupons, they are good for EITHER the 500g tub of yogurt or the 8x100g multipack (more expensive). The mail out coupons are only good on the 500g tub of yogurt.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Oh wow the sandals I got at talize are "volks walker" 80-100.00 price range shoes so comfy and they Velcro shut and I only paid 9.99-30%=6.99 wow another pair for next year ,yippee plus one t-shirt was a "zara brand" its a little low so I will sleep in it .
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I thought about going to SDM today but decided while the extra points would be nice so would keeping the money in my account because everything I was going to buy was stuff we had on hand so it would just be stocking up. In two yrs I will have two kids in college/uni and I want to retire in 6 years so I need to stay on top of my game. Dinner tonight was fajitas we bake it the oven and it’s so yummy. Used peppers and tomatoes from the garden. Leftovers for tomorrow too.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Good morning all
    My kitchen is clean, will soon walk the dog after I have my tea
    I am back to routine since School starts
    Enjoy your day all
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

new pc hauler game is up.. easy 500 pts per day. not sure how long it will last

https://aislesofglory.nofrills.ca/?f...bk1lNw6rELgJ7c

i have a offer of spend 500.00 on cosmetics skin care and fragrane between now and nov 27 and get 110 000 pcpoints.
    i have no idea on how to do that. none. i dont spend that much on that. ever . my kids use shephora ( allergy issues) none wear purfume. .. so no Holiday gifts... this may well be a offer i do not use.

ok. pc offers for next week saved.

super windy out there. right now. might just do a bunch of crafts today
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Happy hump day! Rainy day here today.

Well no one ate at home last night so we have leftovers for tonight which is great.

Guess I should get some work done. Enjoy the day everyone!
    Ciel and coupon girl like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Giant tiger has a new program gianttiger.com/gtvip where you can load offers to your phone or just use your phone number
    I just signed up hey if it means cheaper groceries I am in -I do go there once in awhile

Just did a load of laundry hung it out -much cooler today and washed the floors
    barbis9 and Ciel like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@Giseledta Fabricland posted a felt harvest wreath project on their blog recently: https://blog.fabricland.ca/

I was in Canadian Tire last night to get liquid hand soap and the Halloween decor push is already on in the store!
    Saw lightning outside too (about 8:40pm). Popped into Walmart for sliced bread and cookies (caffeine breakdown-Breaktime chocolate chip cookies because sweets called my name; but I walked past 100+ bottles of Coke/Diet Coke with contest caps in the pop aisle without buying one...). Second lightning wave reached my street by the time I was walking on it. Was glad I got errand down without any raindrops. In the afternoon, I harvested a few tomatoes and several cukes-I split them into two baskets and was able to give a basket to someone later. Also collected branches and pine cones for the yard waste bag for today's collection (the man does not even leave the truck-he leans down from his handle to grab the bag and toss it as the street has lots of morning traffic during the detour).

This morning, I really read the weekday bus schedules for the 44-Rymal bus (I printed off the pdf yesterday otherwise I'd have no current schedule to read)-the 20-min frequency is not all day. It's mostly during rush hours. Weekend service times remain about the same. I have not yet gone into the Centennial Pkwy Walmart store but since the 44-Rymal is now regularly serving that stop, I'll have a reason to visit. Laundry was put out on the lines for about an hour then after a second wave of moody gray skies, I took everything in. The kitchen towels were put into the dryer and the clothing was back on the lines. Not taking a chance losing any drying gear to random raindrops! The trees continue to release some pollen. The clotheslines seem to be sticky every single day and my wiping cloth shows yellow-green grains too.

Nothing really exciting meal-wise at home for today. More pasta and sauce and herbs for lunch later.Cool day suggests a warm baked good would be ideal with tea (must figure out what later).

Sobeys sent me a link to a Mason Jar Nacho Salad. https://www.sobeys.com/en/recipes/ma...ore_number=694
    Seems like a fun recipe for a lunch!
    barbis9 and coupon girl like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

It’s been a busy week already. Yesterday was ds’ first Day of Grade 2 at his new school. He was happy but tired when he got home. I harvested lots of tomatoes yesterday. Sold the larger ones for $18. I still have zucchini and containers of cherry tomatoes posted for sale.

A new boy was supposed to start yesterday, but they were a no show. Mom hasn’t been in contact. Big talk, but no follow through this time. I guess I have an opening at my daycare. A new school aged child started this morning. She catches the bus with

I’ve completed some medical tests and I’m waiting to be scheduled for others. Our kids are all up to date for their medical appointments, which is a relief.

Today is our wedding anniversary. Dh and I plan on going on a date this weekend to celebrate.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 2 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

I did a cash out request last month for Caddle and it only now has been approved my question is why does it take until next month before I even see that money? I thought the 5-10 business days before it was mailed to me message I received on caddle the app was saying just that not an email stating I have to wait 3 1/2 weeks...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    barbis9 and Ciel like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Page 3 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information