User Tag List

Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree1424Likes

Thread: October 2019 Frugal Chatter Thread--jump into leaves!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Yes, feel like a kid again and play with leaves! I have to find a pile of dry maple leaves to play with.
    The sticky leaves get raked and left alone, poor dears, as they would just add to laundry pre-treatment needs and that's not a deal worth my time.

6 more days until October 1 comes calling! Enough time to catch the Downton Abbey movie, if you have not already seen it. Yes, it was a visual treat to see on the big screen.
    This thread is currently associated with: N/A
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Contradiction in progress sweet sparrow's Avatar
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I think it's been about a year since I've checked in? With the little ones and school, etc. I'm so far behind. I actually missed a credit card payment (because the paper bill did not arrive in the mail) and I haven't touched the budget since November 2018. I've saved up all my receipts so I have some homework over the next few months and I need to get back on the bandwagon of savings!

It's been so long since I've used a coupon that wasn't directly beside the product I was purchasing at that moment at the store. For me to find coupons, it's extremely rare.

This new Kelloggs cereal promotion had me all excited and I bought four boxes already. Unfortunately, purchases before today don't qualify, but I called Kelloggs and they said they had to change the date to September 6th (but not reported on their website) because stores had put them out early. Hopefully, I get my rebate!

@Ciel: How was the movie? That was the real reason I posted here early instead of the September thread!
    Last edited by sweet sparrow; Thu, Sep 26th, 2019 at 12:41 PM. Reason: Spacing....as always.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@sweet sparrow -Hello! I think you popped onto the forum to ask about some coupon or deal during the summer, like late July or early August? Glad to see you post! Coupons can be tricky to find in some stores--very YMMV as it were depending on pad-nabbers or demand or lack thereof.

Movie-all that English scenery and silverware looks so good on the big screen. Mom could have done without the loudness of the volume, even as the theatre was just about full! Dialogue-fun to hear in a movie but it could be more than irksome to deal with in real life. Still, witty words and timing! Definitely a film worth the theatre experience (and maybe popcorn). Mom thinks she'll like the upcoming Last Christmas movie but I know she's never sung along to George Michael's songs, and I said for her to wait for the dvd. I know she likes Henry Golding and Michelle Yeoh but they might not be enough to keep Mom following the film (especially with a loud volume).

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

ceil -wow I would love to see downtown abbey -maybe next week.

Gee had my topics all typed out and the power went out for an hour ,so that meant no I didnt vacuum .

I went to shoppers this morning spent 62 got a 10.00 promo for next time ,needed a bunch of health and beauty items that never go on sale so 20% off was great

Then I went to bulk barn saved 5.00 but spent 27.00 wow most I ever spent there but got almonds ,cashews ,raisins, trail mix they add up
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Even though it’s not October I need to jump in and agree with @Ciel . Downton Abbey was wonderful. If you were a fan of the series it wraps up several stories nicely and I think I love Tom Brantson even more now.
    Giseledta, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Tuesday Oct 1-Senior's Day at the Hudson Bay stores! Plus Rexall has its Seniors Day and Cineplex has its 1/2 off admission too.
    Giseledta and barbis9 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

September Total Savings - $760.01

Babysitting
    $120

Stuff Sold
    $25

Garden
    $283

Coupons redeemed
    $98.17

10% off Tuesday @ Sobeys
    $5.69

CO51
    $20.65

Air Miles
    $10

PCO - No Frills
    $40

Amazon.ca - from Swagbucks
    $75

SCOP (amount item scanned for)
    $17.25

Gift cards received
    $10 Original Joe’s from Royale promo
    $25 Amazon.ca from interactive survey
    $20 Walmart gc received as a gift
    $10 Amazon.ca - Pampers rewards

Found Money
    $0.25
    Last edited by Angela273; Tue, Oct 1st, 2019 at 01:49 PM.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

Thank you @Ceil for getting us started on this thread.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

morning -didn't babysit cara yesterday as I had a 24 hour stomach bug (Sunday afternoon til Monday afternoon),running to the ladies room and sick to my stomach late in the evening
    Bring sick aggravated my health problem,so I feel I am back at square one -uggg

Did 2 loads and I am gonna hang it out now ,enjoying one last warm day ,skirt and tank for me today and lemonade in the fridge.

My clothing I ordered came in from the gap/old navy last week have a wonderfull blue kerchief midi skirt $14 I paid for it plus a dress from old navy black well made $13 I have to take the shorts back for hubby and the joggers from gap for me (they look like p;js so thin and tight)plus cara's peppa shirt is so cute from old navy .That's a job for another day this week not missing out on sitting in the sun on my back deck that's for sure .
    Giseledta, barbis9 and Ciel like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Morning!!

Tonight is cooking and laundry night! DS will be my laundry mover (send him back and forth from laundry room to bedrooms with the baskets )

Have a fantastic day everyone!
    Giseledta and Ciel like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

wow beautifull out, I am hand trimming around my backyard the grass along the fence (being frugal and not buying a whipsnipper til next year)mind you I have to take breaks as it back breaking and my knees get sore -lol

My neighbour had day surgery yesterday so I took her over a small bag with a candle,small body shop body butter ,tiny hand lotion and shower gel (cost me 6.10 )as a few of the items were part of a bigger pkg -just a nice gesture when you are feeling down

Bbq tonight for sure chicken breasts ,mashed potatoes and some veggie

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Collection crews got all the containers between 7am and 7:50am this morning! It was getting muggy at that point.

I better understand the happy dance all SCers who get meat deals do-I bought two pkgs of 1.4kg lean ground beef (last night), figured out I have 6lbs and a bit of meat leftover, so I bagged about 2 lbs per freezer bag, the taco beef is 500 g and I have an odd 300g lump. One pound was put into a container to use in this morning's soup (Mom vetoed a late night cooking session) and a second pound of beef was seasoned for the breakfast patties then shaped into 8 large meatballs that went into the fridge.

Let me tell you-the crushed garlic in the patty mixture gives the meat a kebab taste and I used 1 tsp Italian seasoning salt, about 1/3 tsp white pepper and 1/3-1/2 tsp ground cumin instead of the recipe's seasonings. The patties are too small for adults-I used a wide based glass to press each ball into a 3/8" approx. hockey puck then put 4 patties and 1/2 tbsp olive oil into pan. The patties lose about 1/3 of size but they are tasty. If I were doing the patties another time, I'd make four large patties and remember to put a dimple in the centre of each patty so the centre does not rise up during cooking.

Oh @coupon girl lemonade! I'd love to mix iced tea and lemonade for today. Will see if Starbucks has a lemony refresher and a baked treat for a late lunch today.

October is keep pop away from me for the month for the betterment of my wonky sleep. The six bottles from yesterday were consumed into this morning and while the brain was not super chatty, I felt like I was having a relaxed sustained conversation with a young cousin about career directions, due to a teen book (I started to read certain pages before bedtime) about goals and deciding what s/he wants to achieve. In other words, I kept waking up about every 75 min due to the caffeine but not too stressed. Until 5:30 am became 6:40 am and I had to get up at 7am and get cooking before the humidity struck in force.

Noticed that my eyes are not deceiving me-someone tossed a McDonald's takeout bag with that Top Hat character from Monopoly and a bus shelter ad announced that the Coast to Coast Monopoly will start Oct. 8! Usually, the contest begins on the Wednesday after Thanksgiving-maybe some customers wanted an earlier start so as not to miss the launch? Which means we need to get those game boards soon.

Tonight might be a good time to give the circulation pump a bit of oil. The furnace might need to come on overnight and all of us have ignored the issue since April. Corners in rooms *ceiling and otherwise* need a cloth because I keep finding wee spiders and their webs in all sorts of spots.

Ladybug-only had one recently in the house but today might feature many coming out of their hiding spots due to warm temperatures. Sibling spotted a young reptile two days in a row on the back walk. Creature must have thought it to be a quiet spot until sibling came along. I was thinking some reptiles still need to shed their skins? Thought it was a late summer duty.
    Giseledta, barbis9 and GoodBoy like this.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Morning first-of-the-month activities now done. Updated all financial spreadsheets for the month and daily changes (I know one should not check daily but I enjoy it and love to see how world events affect the markets and investments). Paid some bills. Grabbed a coffee.

Quite a change in the weather for one day! Severe thunderstorm watch on right now. Would not mind a good thunderstorm! I love them if I am inside!

Rest of the day will be relaxation. Have some British regular telly to catch up on, and may start a new series. Godfather of Harlem maybe.

Anyway, hope all here have a superb start to the month of October! Enjoy the day!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

A haircut is really needed soon but I won't get shorn very short--just an inch or two to neaten my strands into a somewhat harmonious cut.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Tuesday is also Senior's Day (30% off) at Value Village.
    Wednesday is Seniors(65+) and Students (high school, college or university ID) discount day at Bulk barn (10% off).

Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information