User Tag List

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
Like Tree126Likes

Thread: Flashfood rolled out in many areas of ON

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by GracieAnne View Post
    They were probably either bought and not picked up or waiting for pick up.

At least at my store, the flash food refrigerator space is limited so we don't put stuff in there and not put it on flashfoods.
    I don’t know how it works - but I was told another company purchases the food from Zehrs or whatever and puts it into Flashfood. Just did a quick search and found that they got investors on Dragon’s Den

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    MrsMer likes this.
    My Orange Key 44990243S1

https://surveys.gobranded.com/users/...f49b113b291653

Starting a new Chapter in the Golden Horseshoe in 2017!

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Right now

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    rayray and Ciel like this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Toronto Maple Leaf Gardens location has so much cheap bread all the time! Sometimes under 50 cents! These are so great to freeze and put in a toaster as you need.
    ROMEO, Ciel, list465 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    4 (100%)

Mine currently has lots of yogurt and gum. Boring!
    ROMEO and Ciel like this.

My Tangerine Key is:39626323S1

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by downtowntorontogirl View Post
    Toronto Maple Leaf Gardens location has so much cheap bread all the time! Sometimes under 50 cents! These are so great to freeze and put in a toaster as you need.
    I am always amazed at the prices at the MLG location. .10 cents for a pack of English muffins this week.
    Ciel likes this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Molly View Post
    Mine currently has lots of yogurt and gum. Boring!
    The selections at the Flashfood stores in my general vicinity are very YMMV, and generally quite boring too. One factor in this is that since the number of different items offered is small, there are seldom more than one or two I'd be interested in at that time regardless of the price. Another is that many of the items are priced at half off the regular shelf price, which isn't necessarily much of a deal compared to when those same things are on sale, and have normal best before dates. As a result, while I buy one or two things most months, I have yet to see any deals I considered worth going out of my way to get.
    Ciel and jumpfroggy like this.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

My Loblaws had a nice deal this afternoon, a flat of cluster tomatoes for 99 cents. When I weighed them after I got home, they totaled almost 10 lb. Most are completely fine but part of the same cluster as one tomato that has a small mark or blemish, and a half dozen are off the vine but totally unmarked.
    Ciel and list465 like this.

Canadian Genius
    Trading Score
    17 (100%)

I don't use this app to buy groceries no matter how cheap it is.

BUT, I was just curious to see what was available.

There is one Maxi in a low income area that had tons of various types of steaks for half off expiring that day and I looked at it in the evening. I'm pretty sure these went wasted. At this point, they can't even give it away.
    This store is very busy, so busy that it's hard to find parking. People are not interested in regular price steaks.

There must be a better way to sell these, like maybe 75% off in store just to get rid of them.
    Ciel likes this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by couponmummy View Post

There is one Maxi in a low income area that had tons of various types of steaks for half off expiring that day and I looked at it in the evening. I'm pretty sure these went wasted. At this point, they can't even give it away.
    This store is very busy, so busy that it's hard to find parking. People are not interested in regular price steaks.

There must be a better way to sell these, like maybe 75% off in store just to get rid of them.
    I wish they had these in see-through fridges so people that don't have the app can also use them... Also the discounts need to be higher, at least 75% off if we're going to really save food.
    Ciel and Miss Molly like this.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by couponmummy View Post

I don't buy much at all, roughly one purchase a month, but I check what's available each time I go to a store that has Flashfood since it only takes a few seconds to do so. My understanding is that each store decides what items to offer and at what prices. The ones in my area mostly stick to half off, which isn't necessarily much of a deal compared to sale prices. But there are some sharper deals, and it wouldn't surprise me if some stores discount more aggressively at least some of the time.

That said, I don't know why stores don't discount things that are at their best before dates more aggressively, not just on Flashfood but also in general.
    Ciel likes this.

CaLoonie
    Trading Score
    32 (100%)

I deleted the app already, never had any good offers in Milton
    Ciel likes this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Teats View Post
    I deleted the app already, never had any good offers in Milton
    Milton actually has a great deal on the Ziggy's mediterranean pasta only 24 cents!
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Teats View Post
    never had any good offers in Milton
    YMMV but in my case, how I define "good offer" makes quite a difference. The number of offers I actually buy is much smaller than the number that I'd buy or at least consider buying if I were interested in one or more particular items at a given time. Another factor involves whether I'd have to go out of my way, and how far; for instance, I've purchased things when I was already in-store that I wouldn't have for the same prices if I'd had to drive another few km.
    Ciel likes this.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread Information