User Tag List

Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast
Like Tree1424Likes

Thread: October 2019 Frugal Chatter Thread--jump into leaves!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    214 (100%)

Last week I had another daycare family give me notice. This one is for November 1. They are moving away to be closer to family. A daycare family that I’ve had for a year is reducing to part-time and their baby #2 is due in February. I also had one full-time spot available during the month of September. I’ve been busy trying to line up interviews with potential daycare families. I am waiting to hear back from 3 families right now. I’ve also had some people back out without notice. My school aged girl has been settling in well. I’ve been working over-time hours for them.
    Horndogg, ROMEO, barbis9 and 5 others like this.
    Help me out with Swagbucks and we can both earn gift cards and PayPal money
    Pm me for a referral link if you’d like to earn a $10 bonus! when you create your Checkout 51 rebate account
    Caddle Referral Code:
    ANGELA67343 and we will both earn $1 bonus

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    One of those frozen bags of ground beef was pulled out of the freezer to thaw in the fridge last night. I was able to use the 500g portion for a second lunch (with the help of an Old El Paso dinner kit). The other portion will be used tomorrow for another batch of stuffed pepper soup.

Sibling finally cut most of the grass today. I deem October his turn to cut the grass--I've done more than enough cutting this year (tree branches, grass, vines...)

I recycled most of the flyers today before the recycling box was collected. I forgot to pull the expired McDonalds coupons (ended on Sunday) for the box.

I have no idea if our street will get a delivery of the community paper tomorrow or Thursday-otherwise I'll miss out on the coupon insert that @mcminsen posted about in the coupon scan thread.
    Is there an apartment building near you? That's where I sometimes pick up flyers/coupon books as we have no paper delivery on our street.
    ROMEO, Ciel, lilo0003 and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Picked up Pizza on the way home for dinner. They over cooked it a bit. Offered to make new one but i didnt want to wait. They put a free pizza on my account. DS said it was perfect so all happy.
    Picked up passports on way home. Wow! Went Wednesday afternoon for 1 renewal and one new one and they tried to deliver yesterday. I was ready to pay for Express service but the wonderful women at passport office said no need and i would get on 17th. Happy i just trusted all will work out. Hence pizza treat tonight!
    Laundry is on the go. Dishwasher ready to run after 7pm. Hockey for DS tonight.
    ROMEO, Ciel, coupon girl and 2 others like this.

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Dont forget to save your p.c optium items for next week !

I am hoping to get out and get my thanksgiving groceries on Thursday morning ,but as of yet I have no flyers darn people deliver them late on Thursday lately and I rely on them as I have no cell phone .

I also rebooked my dentist appt I cancelled last month so I go on Thursday at 1.00 p.m for a cleaning plus I think I have a cavity so I will be going back soon .

I didn't go out anywhere today -so saved money.
    ROMEO, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

coupongirl - i get most of the flyers emailed to me.

ok wednesday. sigh. hubby has a course he is in for 3 days.. is it sad that i am kinda happy i can get a lot of housework done.. hmmm. i feel like it is a battle sometimes with housework. houseever i also put it on myself as i am decluttering and finishing things up as i go . i also may of taken on a family room redo project.. i am a sucker for punishment... lol

200 lbs o beef is coming friday.. i am activly rearranging the freezer... as in slightly panicing... things might get interesting at my house mid morning friday....
    ROMEO, Angela273, barbis9 and 5 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

Yesterday I went to shoppers twice I first picked up bag of 120 rockets for 6.99 and 2x PC shortbread cookies for 2.99$.

Later in the day I went to shoppers picked up another Halloween decoration for Tracy she gave me money and Amazon gift card to order her piano off Amazon as well as some AAA batteries.

This morning I placed an order with Toronto hemp a head shop. For some Rollies and hard shell pipe case. I have to go to the atm at like 6am to finish the order so I can transfer the funds to them.

I have enough money to buy that Classic SNES that’s at Walmart because Tracy said I needed money to spend from this fund she got yesterday. It’s $99 last I saw at Walmart on GST day or was it pay day. I am not sure but I saw it there. I want one for me and one for my sister. But I don’t have that much money.

We are doing thanksgiving next weekend when my sister comes down. At my building we are doing thanksgiving dinner at on Monday. I signed up to help lots of people signed up after me because I signed up. They know I am a good cook and what better to have someone in the kitchen that knows what their doing then me & friends to help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ROMEO, Ciel, coupon girl and 2 others like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

There’s a video on checkout 51 for $0.10.

ROMEO, barbis9, Ciel and 1 others like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

Morning -i get a few emailed to me too giseledta,but I need the physical sales flyers to price match ,so I think I will wait til Friday to shop

I may pop into sobeys this morning for a few airmiles and sale deals before my dentist appt at 1.00 p.m
    ROMEO, barbis9, Ciel and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Our fridge is getting pretty empty. I bought just under 10lbs of apples last night @ .67LB.
    I took chicken wings out of the freezer last night and tossed in the crockpot this morning. I will sauce them up and toss in the oven with oven fries tonight. The boys can feast on them.
    I will continue on laundry tonight. I made youngest DS's bed with fresh sheets last night and had him clean his room. It was nice to look at his room this morning all nice and clean.
    I have a shelf in the laundry room full of junk. I will aim to clean it off tonight while doing laundry. Then I can start organizing in there.

I see lots of beef roasts on sale this week so I plan to stock us up for the winter and use PC pts.

The house was cool the past 2 mornings but since we were all leaving for school/work I didn't bother putting on the heat. I wonder how long this will last.
    Ciel and lilo0003 like this.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

It was freezing this morning when I went to the bank at 6am it was apparently -2C if I had known that I would’ve put on my winter jacket. It’s only suppose to get up to 12C today.

Tracy was upset that I talk about money around someone else about how much she is spending on a piano from amazon. I didn’t necessarily think it was a big deal to be honest. She couldn’t be buying it if it was in my name so I am buying it haha.

Last edited by greentires4me; Thu, Oct 10th, 2019 at 12:15 PM.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Mastermind
    Trading Score
    277 (100%)

I spent 62 dollars at sobeys and got 95 airmiles , a lot of bonus personal offers and if you spend 15 on produce get 15 airmiles .I personally like the produce at sobeys as no frills is not as fresh

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by greentires4me View Post
    It was freezing this morning when I went to the bank at 6am it was apparently -2C if I had known that I would’ve put on my winter jacket. It’s only suppose to get up to 12C today.

Tracy was upset that I talk about money around someone else about how much she is spending on a piano from amazon. I didn’t necessarily think it was a big deal to be honest. She couldn’t be buying it if it was in my name so I am buying it haha.

Well, if she was able to physically move an upright piano on her own, she likely could find someone willing to give her one for free from their house. It's hard to sell upright pianos. A friend of mine found someone willing to pick up her family's old piano for nothing.
    lilo0003 likes this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Made the stuffed pepper soup (I did not have diced tomatoes to add, so I MacGyvered two small pizza sauces and 1-1/2 cups of frozen California mix veggies for a more chili-like soup!)last night after a relaxing tea and flyer session and watching the new L'Epicerie segment (new look and updated theme music-loved the hazelnut segment). Realized I have forgotten about the freezer meatball recipe I have in my binder, so that will be the one I'll use later in October for the remaining ground beef.

97 cents for celery at Walmart! What a deal! I plan to stock up after Thanksgiving and get some of the 900g Lancia pasta for 99 cents too as only small soup pasta and packages of spaghetti are in the pantry.
    coupon girl and lilo0003 like this.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Busy lunch hour today. Went to the bank to deposit the cash youngest DS had kicking around ($335 Geez I need to borrow from this kid!) and took US $ out for our trip. Had more in my US account then I was expecting which is nice.
    Then went to No Frills. Wanted to get some of the roasts on sale. (perfect for mid week crock pot roast beef!) Limit of 2... Oh well so grabbed 2 of the nicest/biggest ones I could find. Then found a bunker with BLSL chicken breast on for $1 LB- NO LIMIT! SO we are stocked up!!! I also grabbed another 15 cans of the gravy on. $10.05 for the 15, redeem $10 in PC pts receive 7500 pts back) I redeemed points for all of it today. Love stocking up the freezer for free.

Went home and put all the meat in the fridge and will deal with it when I get home. Then organize the upright freezer when I put it all in there.
    Last edited by Frugalbigmama; Thu, Oct 10th, 2019 at 02:16 PM.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Well, if she was able to physically move an upright piano on her own, she likely could find someone willing to give her one for free from their house. It's hard to sell upright pianos. A friend of mine found someone willing to pick up her family's old piano for nothing.
    There is no room for upright pianos in our apartments. Their just bachelor suites. This one that we bought we can store and take with you.

Live, Love, Laugh

Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 ... LastLast

Thread Information