User Tag List

Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
Like Tree1424Likes

Thread: October 2019 Frugal Chatter Thread--jump into leaves!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by coupon girl View Post
    I went to get my prescription at rexall and got paper towels spongetowels 3.99-1.00 cpn=2.99 for 6 rolls

Then popped into giant tiger spent 48.44 but got a lot of really good deals the Epsom salts I needed were 4.97-1.00 loaded offer 3.97 for a 2 kg bag is an awesome price I got 3 bags plus a bunch of frozen and regular food on sale

Supper sandwich and homemade soup,hubby wants pasta
    Love the Epsom salts price, @coupon girl ! Might get me a bag too!
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    Home phone line if with Bell-usually runs in all weather, even if hydro is off. Cell phone servers can go offline due to weather or service or hack situations.
    This is true if the phone is directly plugged into the phone jack and does not run off power of some other source. If you have a phone which is plugged into both the phone jack and a wall plug then it will not work when the power goes out. I have the latter, but I also have a phone that only plugs into the phone jack for emergencies should it be required. It draws enough power from the phone line to function in a power outage.
    barbis9, Ciel, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Saturday afternoon-got the leaves mulched, they were dry on a windy day but better to deal with before the rest of the leaf canopy descends. Also saw the rain in the forecast for the week and thought to get the mulching over with.
    Thought mall was open until 7pm. Get there just after 6pm-door signs indicate 6pm closure. Made myself get the HBC flyer anyway (and their doors were closed-I missed the notice when store reverted back to Sat 6pm closures) then joined the rest of Hamilton in the dinner queue at McDonalds across the way (after a restroom stop). Got my burger just two minutes before the next bus home was departing from the mall and I had 1/2 my burger eaten by then.

Sunday-sunny/bright but had lots of arguments in evening. Ditto last night--Mom and I went into kitchen sink mode after veering from the main issue, her withholding information about something she needs to do and her asking for "help" as usual. We are not talking to each other today.

I had chocolate cravings on Friday and recalled the 12 bags of chocolates. They are gone as of last night, except for the Coffee Crisps. Have to shop for another box of Halloween chocolate. Plan for afternoon is repeat visit to mall for HBC item on sale (30% off!), check flannel sheets sets on way back at Winners, then make it to town before suppertime (and the forecasted rain).

Managed to spot 2 Monopoly stickers on a discarded food wrapper this morning. Had a 20 cent bottle refund too.

Breakfast was sweetened tea. Need to get a food item (chicken wrap) at McDonalds on my walk to the mall so I don't go into a sugar craving quest and buy treats at the dollar store.

Update on the No Name Furniture Polish spray-avoid it. The coffee table is easily marked by objects and I was still wiping marks off this morning. I must have not had the can warm enough nor shook enough to disperse the contents on Friday, so I am still seeing streaks and marks. Must find the wipes at regular prices as I don't want a leaking polish bottle.
    barbis9, lilo0003, cath007 and 2 others like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@sassy Ashley -I'm proud of you for noticing that you acknowledged that your Oma's passing is still impacting you. Give yourself time off to allow yourself to feel. And maybe talk with Opa, as he may wish to talk about Oma too.
    Glad you got your yarn deal-that's a score!

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Canada Post has reset online account passwords. Got the email so I will have to update my password today or tomorrow.

The library is having some kind of power issue with a printer and one set of lights. Fortunately, no impact on my posts!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

voted... i was all adult. now i am having chocolates and snuggleing with my puppies.
    Angela273, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

I went to Upper James St. and checked the flannel bedding sets at Winners (better selection of white and prints) and Marshalls (not so hot a selection). Talize moved the coat rack to the back of the store-store had 50% off women's short sleeve tops, women's jeans and men's pants as the daily manager's special. Picked up one pack of discounted P-stamps at Rexall and noticed that Phil's restaurant is closed and sign indicates Sunnyside Grill will arrive soon.

Lime Ridge Mall-happily found after some hunting and organizing of camisoles with shelf bras both Lg and X-Lg in black (website indicated XL in white but I could not find it). Bought the black one and got the discount. Now have enough Hudson Bay Rewards points (just over 50) for an conversion of 40 pts for 1 Airmile! Tried my dream red parka at Olsen Europe (reg. $227; now $137 and change)-lovely fit. Then off to Melanie Lyne-1 button jacket in a purple berry tone is on sale ($198 now $139) but sizes only go up to 14. Got a replacement coin purse (orange) at Bentley Leathers and popped into H&M and Forever 21. Well, Forever 21 has no Pepsi x Forever 21 gear but there is a rack of holographic fabric pants (two different prints and one Fortuny pleated style in dark yellow with silver lines) for $18.78 (after discount), perfect for anyone's 70s disco era Halloween costume party. No luck finding shoelace styled sweaters. Those of you with size 7 and 8 feet could find some interesting heels for next summer.

I was 5 cents short for bus fare, so decided to get PC Raspberry Orange juice boxes for $1.99 and rehydrated. Then walked back home with stops at Terryberry Library and Westcliffe Mall and Sobeys. No luck on $1 lotto ticket.

I'm hungry--will eat a big bowl of cooked pasta with butter and herbs when I get home!

Lucked out--no rain as yet! Have a great evening!
    barbis9, lilo0003 and cath007 like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Made a roast beef, carrots and potatoes and broccoli rice (DS opened it thinking he was making it but didn't) All is in its own container in the fridge (love my glass containers) and the kitchen is clean. Will be easy dinner tomorrow night!
    Ciel, coupon girl, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    68 (100%)

I did one of the sirloin roasts for dinner from no frills and it was amazing. 6.00 before points and it fed three adults with leftovers. I am glad I bought 4 of them. Leftovers for either DH or older DS on Tuesday.
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 2 others like this.
    Friends don't let real friends pay full price.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by Ciel View Post
    The cell line vs home phone line debate-your home phone won't sound during an Amber Alert (for a missing person) but a cellphone will at whichever hour the alert is broadcast. That means it can sound off during a text/exam/job/your sleeptime.

Home phone line if with Bell-usually runs in all weather, even if hydro is off. Cell phone servers can go offline due to weather or service or hack situations.

What does your father say?
    He is agree because he have his own cellular
    Ciel and SassyAshley like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

It is the night and I am in pain from my 4 tooths cavities and not sleeping again (insomnia too).....that suck a lot..I found a dentist after numerous call because the others clinic did not accept emergencies or new patients...I went to my appointement and they examinated me ...I have an appointement thusrday 8:00 am to remove the most 2 infected and hurtfull teeths....After another quick appointement the next week to remove the 2 others....I have many cavities but it is not a case of dentures yet...I am relieved...But it will be costly.

Tomorrow I hope the school will give me the permission to miss more than my hours for my teeths...if not they are not humans....

I cannot curently sleep and concentrated in my books with this pain altrought I am on tylenol now.

The teeth are just the rooth now...

Depression repercussion sucks...but I will get trought ...1 day and 1 appoitement at the time..I think I found a good dentist because my other one is on his retreat....

Today I went 2 hours in class and it was just not right...

My samples source boxe arrived today very happy

I written to 4 compagnies for coupons..will see ...

Not much deals in the upcoming flyers..that suck

Alright time to bed...at least try it...
    Ciel and SassyAshley like this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lilo0003 View Post
    I did one of the sirloin roasts for dinner from no frills and it was amazing. 6.00 before points and it fed three adults with leftovers. I am glad I bought 4 of them. Leftovers for either DH or older DS on Tuesday.
    I cooked up the same one last night. I bought 6 and have 4 left! They are nice!
    Ciel, lilo0003, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Must Coupon, Must Save :) SassyAshley's Avatar
    Trading Score
    64 (100%)

Good Morning Everyone,
    Yesterday was a bit of a roller coaster again, I got to work and realized sister in law was not in. It looks like thing took a turn with her Mom on Friday which I did not know as I was not in office. They are stuck in that horrible waiting period now, her Mom was not supposed to make it through Friday but did, then they said she would not make it through the weekend, she did and now they saying it will be some time this week. This meant I spent part of my morning on the phone with family members who not aware so everyone is knows. As well bro came into work so I got an update from him.

Last night was an okay night, I am not sure why but I woke up so tired yesterday which was weird I had trouble falling asleep but was still asleep by 11. So I got some stuff done but not as much as planned as I was so tired it became painful. I got home from work and waited for Mom so we could go vote, I figured we would vote and I would walk home as our voting station is close to our house but Mom drove me back home too. Then I got to work on the kitchen which was clean but I put away the clean dishes that were in the drying rack. The I broke down the bags of sugar I bought last week for $0.97 into FoodSaver bags to be stored in the basement.

After I was done in the kitchen I worked on Christmas gifts. I have cousin's marriage "blanket" done, I just need to put a boarder on it and I am about 75% done bro and sister in law marriage "blanket" again without the boarder. I have not done the boarders yet as I have not decided on what boarder I am going to use yet. Next I need to work on niece and nephew's birth blankets, did not realize my nephew has 2 middle names so I will need to re work this pattern.

Alright back to work, get a few things done before I need to leave for an event out of town for work. Have a wonderful day everyone.
    Last edited by SassyAshley; Tue, Oct 22nd, 2019 at 09:16 AM.
    ROMEO, barbis9, Ciel and 4 others like this.
    2022 is going to be my year, the year I find organization in my life and the year I focus on myself,
    follow along as tackle day to day life and whatever else 2021 throws at me:

https://www.instagram.com/thelife.ofsassy

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I know it is only Tuesday, @SassyAshley , but I hope you get more downtime this coming weekend!
    Last edited by GoodBoy; Tue, Oct 22nd, 2019 at 09:20 AM.
    JadeAngel, barbis9, Ciel and 3 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    41 (100%)

insomnia again last night. this is a hard week work wise. and i am feeling emotional .

i am hoping to just focus on getting some house stuff done after work and decluttering and gettting my zen back
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 3 others like this.
    to join earnably https://earnably.com/i/gigi3
    or Swagbucks
    http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/daycaremom
    offers wonderful ways to earn amazon.ca gcs... paypal and much more. message me if you want any hints.

Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread Information