User Tag List

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Like Tree277Likes

Thread: What made you happy, smile, laugh, or feel joy today?

no more door to door! :) walkonby's Avatar
    Trading Score
    24 (100%)

watching ( and laughing ) as Rufus keeps losing his T-bone that I gave him to chew on. Because of his blindness he cannot see where he has pushed it and it kept going under this gate or that couch....he sure loves gnawing on those bones, even when every last bit of meat is gone.
    Silk and Tweets77 like this.

babies teach us acceptance

Trading Score
    169 (100%)

Seeing my youngest niece...she is beautiful even with the braces.
    Silk, walkonby and GoodBoy like this.

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

I caught the sunset tonight and it was truly beautiful.
    GoodBoy likes this.
    Have a great life!

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

@cinderella908 - Sorry you are feeling bad. I heard about the farmers having a hard time.

As this is a thread for "What made you happy, smile, laugh, or feel joy today?" I think the following thread is more appropriate to your post:

https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/419676...thread-canada/

I hope you feel better

Quote Originally Posted by cinderella908 View Post
    I am feeling very bad, its raining almost whole the day almost all the month. The farmers are very sad and thinking about future.
    Have a great life!

the beautiful Richelieu River Valley area of Quebec
    Trading Score
    73 (100%)

What made me laugh out loud yesterday evening was when 2 of my grandaughters called me their little grandma! One is 16 and the other is 13 and both are taller than me! lol.
    Silk likes this.

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

oh my!!! THIS doctored photo of Altuve towering over Judge!! I can barley breathe! Altuve YOU ARE THE MAN!!!

wendymac and Silk like this.

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

@walkonby - first reaction was Wow! But what's doctored about it? (I don't really follow baseball).I'm guessing the arm around the shoulder... but is the difference in size real?
    walkonby likes this.
    Have a great life!

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Silk View Post
    @walkonby - first reaction was Wow! But what's doctored about it? (I don't really follow baseball).I'm guessing the arm around the shoulder... but is the difference in size real?
    ha ha !!
    @Silk

the doctored part is that Jose Altuve from the Houston Astros stands around 5'4" tall
    ( although they always claim he is 5' 6" ...lol ) They must think the fans have NO eyes, the man is both adorable and mighty!!

Now, the other guy in the photo is Aaron Judge from the NY Yankees and is a giant in real life at 6'8" !!

Their heights are flipped in the photo making Altuve appear to be so much larger than Judge.
    The joke of course being that Altuve ( the pint sized phenom ) hit the game ending HR in the bottom of the 9th inning against the NY Yankees thereby eliminating them from the World Series! ( again )
    ( third time in 3 years the Houston Astros have knocked the Yanks from the finals )

So....hope that explains it all. ha ha
    wendymac and Silk like this.

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

@walkonby - Thanks for explaining lol That is pretty funny! I keep hearing about that 9th inning and the HR that sent the Yankees packing. I'm sorry I missed it - maybe I'll catch it on a highlights show. Are you rooting for Houston or Washington now?

As for me, I'm more of a basketball fan and the season is just starting, although my team has a lot of new players and I haven't kept up. It's almost like an entirely new team - it should be interesting!

Quote Originally Posted by walkonby View Post
    ha ha !!
    @Silk

the doctored part is that Jose Altuve from the Houston Astros stands around 5'4" tall
    ( although they always claim he is 5' 6" ...lol ) They must think the fans have NO eyes, the man is both adorable and mighty!!

Now, the other guy in the photo is Aaron Judge from the NY Yankees and is a giant in real life at 6'8" !!

Their heights are flipped in the photo making Altuve appear to be so much larger than Judge.
    The joke of course being that Altuve ( the pint sized phenom ) hit the game ending HR in the bottom of the 9th inning against the NY Yankees thereby eliminating them from the World Series! ( again )
    ( third time in 3 years the Houston Astros have knocked the Yanks from the finals )

So....hope that explains it all. ha ha
    Have a great life!

Trading Score
    24 (100%)

@Silk I am a hockey fan first! Then baseball, then football....but NOT all football. then I will watch the odd basketball ( like the Raptors winning in O.T. last night!! woo hoo! )

I am ALL for the Astros to take the World Series title again, even though I know Washington Nationals have never won it.
    Under dogs have a certain hunger....like when the Cubs finally won after 108 years.
    Last night's win was awesome for the Nationals....I did not begrudge them taking the first game.
    The pitching was awesome for both sides.

Game two tonight!!!

Now, here is a link to watch the at bat that Altuve had for that epic walk off HR to knock the Yankees out!!
    I could watch it over and over!! ha ha Chapman gave him 2 balls off the plate first, then one in the strike zone that Altuve let go by. THEN the one that he sent sailing!

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    74 (100%)

Lunch made me smile because it was a new recipe and DH loved it. Double smile because it was an inexpensive Depression-era recipe...I like researching and trying out these long-ago meals.
    Silk and walkonby like this.

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

@walkonby - Thanks for the link! That was fun and heartwarming watching it Can't figure out why the umpire was smiling but i love his reaction. And got a kick out of Altuve clutching his shirt so his teammates didn't rip it because his wife didn't like it when they ripped it last time! ha! I tried to see if I could catch a glimpse of Judge - even looked up his # (99) - to see how big he looks in real life but didn't see him.

And that video definitely made me laugh, so this is a good post for this thread!

p.s. I watched the end of the Raptor's game 1 also and cheered for them. But when they play against the Golden State Warriors, GS is still my team
    Have a great life!

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by wendymac View Post
    Lunch made me smile because it was a new recipe and DH loved it. Double smile because it was an inexpensive Depression-era recipe...I like researching and trying out these long-ago meals.
    Wow, I'm curious now - what kind of meal was it?
    Have a great life!

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Centaurito View Post
    Was giving my student a dictation and don't know why but she was laughing all lesson long )) and it made me laugh too ) it looked weird but nevertheless )
    Cool. I love when laughter is contagious!
    Have a great life!

Know what matters...
    Trading Score
    21 (100%)

I was checking for mail the other evening when I saw that another tenant had left their mailbox open with the keys in the mailbox door. I was on my way to drop them off with building security but then decided I would return them myself.

The tenant turned out to be a nice guy I had met in the building exercise room last year. We chatted a bit as we usually do whenever we bump into each other. We laugh about our first encounter - I wanted to get his attention about something but didn’t know his name, so I called out to him by the brand name on his workout clothes – something like “ Hey Under Armour Guy!” I laughed as soon as the words came out of my mouth and so did he. We exchanged names after that but he told me he likes when I call him that.

That memory of our first meeting always makes me laugh.
    Have a great life!

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread Information