User Tag List

Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast
    Trading Score
    26 (96%)

Is there some one we can complain to about companies that do this type of thing? You just can keep running fake promotions - I won last year and never received a thing and then again this year and still nothing. It seems Colgate-Palmolive doesn't want to take responsibility for it so they blame the company they hired - who did they blame last year. Surely they can't have two companies two years in a row that messed up a promotion! If companies run promotions but never honour the winners with a prize doesn't that fall under "fraud" somewhere along the line? If there is a problem or a delay - they could at least put a notice up on the website to inform people. I know it's a silly thing to get ticked about I mean who really cares about a t-shirt and some product samples any way! It's just the principal of the thing! If I ran a contest but never came through with the booty some one would sue me! It certainly isn't very good business practice that's for certain.

I think I'll buy the Gillette stuff for now - lol! At least that company gives pretty good coupons and always seems to stand behind their product.
    Who ever said money can't buy happiness simply didn't know how to shop with coupons!

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

has anyone tried emailing Colgate/palmolive?

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by fishinmom View Post
    Is there some one we can complain to about companies that do this type of thing? You just can keep running fake promotions - I won last year and never received a thing and then again this year and still nothing. It seems Colgate-Palmolive doesn't want to take responsibility for it so they blame the company they hired - who did they blame last year. Surely they can't have two companies two years in a row that messed up a promotion! If companies run promotions but never honour the winners with a prize doesn't that fall under "fraud" somewhere along the line? If there is a problem or a delay - they could at least put a notice up on the website to inform people. I know it's a silly thing to get ticked about I mean who really cares about a t-shirt and some product samples any way! It's just the principal of the thing! If I ran a contest but never came through with the booty some one would sue me! It certainly isn't very good business practice that's for certain.

I think I'll buy the Gillette stuff for now - lol! At least that company gives pretty good coupons and always seems to stand behind their product.
    I totally agree with you!!! It is very annoying and misleading... I think it will just make more people stay away from their products because of their false promises... I hope someone will contact them or maybe post the email address so we can all complain!!
    Win sweet prizes just for searching!!I have won $200 in GC's for amazon.ca from swagbucks! http://swagbucks.com/?cmd=sb-register&rb=298645

Being Polite Is Very Easy WandaJean's Avatar
    Trading Score
    31 (97%)

Hello
    As you can see by this email I won an Irish Spring T-Shirt on March9,2009 and it says I will received it within 4-6 weeks, it is now May 23..being nearly 11 weeks now. It would be nice to receive this however if you have no intentions of delivery my prize I would like to know.
    regards,
    Wanda

--- On Mon, 3/9/09, Irish Spring <[email protected]> wrote:
    Received: Monday, March 9, 2009, 3:40 AM

Your luck is definitely working! You are among one of the privileged who will receive a FREE Lucky T-Shirt! We will send you the T-Shirt to the mailing address provided via Canada Post. Allow 4-6 weeks delivery.

Now add a little Irish to your game with Irish Spring Body Wash!

Choose from many of our fresh scents: New Hair & Body and Cool ReliefTM, Moisture BlastTM, Icy Blast* or our classic Original.

Last edited by WandaJean; Sat, May 23rd, 2009 at 02:49 PM.
    Thank You SC'rs for all the contests/samples/freebies, etc. that you post.
    Join Swagbucks today! Get those freebies!!!http://www.swagbucks.com/<WBR>refer/WandaJean $725.00 aprx of freebies From Amazon...I love Free

Being Polite Is Very Easy WandaJean's Avatar
    Trading Score
    31 (97%)

okay I emailed Colgate Head Office:
    here is what I said:
    on March 9, 2009 I won a t shirt and body wash from this promotion and was promised delverey within 4-6 weeks, it has now been nearly 11 weeks and I have yet to receive my prizes that I won, I do have confirmation emails from the promtion. I am truly dissapointed in this promotion. I know it is just a t-shirt and body wash but it is a matter of principle, if a company says I am to receive something within a certain time frame I should be treated with respect and get the prize/product that was promied to me.
    I appreciate your time and your efforts to resolve this for me
    regards,
    Wanda

I included the website url for the contest as well. I will post here if I get any kind of response.
    Thank You SC'rs for all the contests/samples/freebies, etc. that you post.
    Join Swagbucks today! Get those freebies!!!http://www.swagbucks.com/<WBR>refer/WandaJean $725.00 aprx of freebies From Amazon...I love Free

Rospiki
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I emailed them on May 8th and this was the response I got:

Thank you for contacting us regarding one of our recent promotions. We are pleased to have this opportunity to respond.

Promotional offers are planned to give consumers added value and opportunities for special savings. We hire companies called fulfillment houses who are experts in managing these offers and rely on them to respond promptly by fulfilling the terms of the offer. The standard time for fulfillment is 10-12 weeks from the date consumers send in their submissions. Offers may be fulfilled within a much shorter time frame, or, if an offer is particularly popular, it may take longer.

If, after waiting the full twelve weeks from the date of your submission you have still not received what you sent for, please get back in touch with us so that we may investigate any extenuating circumstances of the delay with the fulfillment house. You can either call us using our toll-free number, 1-800-268-6757, or e-mail us by visiting our website. When communicating with us, please refer to the number below my signature for reference so we can easily locate your file.

We trust this information is helpful to you and we thank you again for contacting us.

Jason R. Harding
    Consumer Affairs Representative
    Consumer Affairs
    Still nothing!

Senior Canuck
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

So if I'll see it sometime in June now trying to remember if it was the week before St.patrick's day or after? somewhere before 25 I know

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    119 (100%)

nothing for me!

Trading Score
    2 (100%)

Think I'll email too and perhaps add a little more consumer pressure on them.

Trading Score
    73 (100%)

I'm still waiting It's been 10.5 wks now so I think I'll send them an email to see what they say. I'll post if I hear anything back from them.

Trading Score
    26 (96%)

I emailed them too however my letter wasn't quite as nice as those above! LOL! Now we wait and see whether we get the same response as before or whether they'll actually do something about it this time. Not holding my breath though.
    Who ever said money can't buy happiness simply didn't know how to shop with coupons!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Its funny they make a promotion then just don't follow through on it at all. Terrible customer service and it makes the brand look really bad.

Frosh Canuck
    Trading Score
    23 (100%)

Sent an email as well- waiting for an answer.

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I got the email but so far no 'Irish Luck' on the t-shirt and it has been over a month....

CaNewbie
    Trading Score
    1 (100%)

I too sent an email ... perhaps if more of us do this, it will encourage Colgate to stand behind their offers / promotions.

Here's hoping our emails work!
    Mimi G

Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 ... LastLast

Thread Information