User Tag List

Page 1129 of 1954 FirstFirst ... 129 629 1029 1079 1119 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1139 1179 1229 1629 ... LastLast
Results 16,921 to 16,935 of 29298
Like Tree118407Likes

Thread: Chat-a-Thon 2017-18 Thread!

Trading Score
    28 (100%)

Hope everyone has a good weekend. Did spin class today but felt like crap this afternoon. It’ll pass so I’m not too worried. Helping a friend move tomorrow.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Happy Belated Birthday Hamlet !
    Lynn49, walkonby, cath007 and 1 others like this.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Name:  E1C9E105-46FC-49DB-A675-45CDA5685D82.jpeg
Views: 102
Size:  127.4 KB

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Quote Originally Posted by Lynn49 View Post
    @Newfiescreech, Christmas is my favourite time in the whole year!! I'm a Christmasholic!
    I imagine it's because of all the beautiful memories I have of Christmas with my family when my brother and I were kids...2 each year, really, since we also celebrated "Little Christmas", our Ukrainian Christmas after that and it was a huge affair for my parents' and their friends.
    So yes...Christmas is wonderful, people just seem friendlier even as they're stressed with all there is to do, I love the lights on the houses and how as kids our parents took us for drives to see them all, which we also did as parents. It just gets so awfully dark and depressing after Christmas when the lights all go out. Except for street-lights...they keep their red and green Christmas colours all year long!

Hope all's well in your corner of the world, Screech!
    I was only joking around Lynn ..I know you love Christmas so much ..when i was living home and my parents did all the Christmas things ..yessss !I really did enjoy Christmas..now all that Christmas spirit is not there the same now ..with my dad and brother gone nothing is the same anymore..I need my son to make Christmas good again .. for he and his fiancé have a baby lol that would bye awesome.

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Attach]357262[/attach]

Name:  7FA6783F-28FB-4289-9DC8-082F50A62BB4.jpeg
Views: 93
Size:  22.3 KB
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Trading Score
    184 (100%)

The strike vote by teachers is only part of the process of negotiating. The union knows now that if negotiations break down and they recommend a strike, that their members support that decision. They May call a strike, but usually that begins by "working to rule" which means all teachers would show up just 15 min. before (which is what they are legally mandated to do.) and leaving 15 after the bell at the end of the day -taking no marking or planning home - because they theoretically have a "planning period" once or twice a week. No extra curricular which they all do on their own time, usually. No graduation ceremonies outside of school time - This starts to show people just how much time and effort Teachers put in out of their own time .

Then, it usually graduates to rotating strikes at just a few schools at the time.

This is all presuming that negotiations keep going on in good faith between the board and the union.

At any point, however, the union could call a full strike or the board could lock teachers out.

So, usually, this vote is only a symbolic move.

Hope that helps you understand- if the process is still the same as it has been.

It's supposed to rain tomorrow. It will be a quick graveside part of the service.

Had a good supper with Step-son, sister and brother-in-law and BrotherR. I had a Reuben sandwich and sweet potato fries. Yummers!

My BrotherR won $40 at the slots and so we left. Will be going to bed soon.

Said a huggy good-bye to my step-son as he is off to Sweden and then probably down to Florida. But one never knows.

I'll say goodnight. Sleep well!
    Newfiescreech, Natalka and cath007 like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good late night!!!!
    nothing in the mail but at school I scored 5 medium pumpkins so I will search recepies to cook and enjoy them and a handfull of candies !!!!! Great day!!! I did not buy pumpkins this year because I find they where expensive so a great deal!!!! If anyone have bilinguial recepies to share please message me or writhe in here thanks....I am thinking soup,cookies for the moment(found a recepie for withe chocolate and pumpkin cookies super easy so yum!!!

I still have pain in my left leg even with voltarin and this is the 4 days...not normal....

I dont know how to divide my time this week end between cooking,working in my books and cleaning...so much work in my books....I would take extras hours in a day but I refuse to cut my sleep....

today was ok at school altrought it is difficult new things to learn

I am waiting in the mail 1 fpc silk and 1 fpc lightlife..hopefully next week

gotta get some sleep..good night!!!!

was not impressed with the candies discount at maxi and cie...suppose to be 50% but their prices are high...
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

UGH insomnia again.. so an earlier good morning ;it s always when i have no school during the week end of when i am stressed..
    anyway I have 1 trade pending for coupons I want and need..happy!!!
    Next week the night it will froze at -7 degre ...hhuh..but we have to face this we are in november
    Looking forward to the change of hour to get 1 more hour extra sleep altrought it will be dark when i will get out of the school...
    Plan today: Breakfest at Subway and read the papers,harvest marche and then maxi to see if they have more satisfying candy discount and maybe cooking...I really need to use my 2 bags of apples before they are going bad ...another apple crisp maybe....I have no inspiration like the pumpkin....ok have an awesome day!!!!

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

I hope you have a good weekend @cath007 and feel better soon!

Who knows ... but I Would Rather Be Someone's Shot of Whiskey, Than Everyone's Cup of Tea
    Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Quote Originally Posted by GoodBoy View Post
    I hope you have a good weekend @cath007 and feel better soon!
    Thanks I hope you will have a good week end too!!!! I will take a nap this afternoon and hope to have a good night of sleep with the change of hours tonight
    Newfiescreech and GoodBoy like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

G'day, peeps!

Poor folks in Quebec with that huge power outage! We lost our power for only 2 hours this morning and I couldn't believe how inconvenient it was...to have to live without power for the weekend, perhaps longer? So sad for them.
    I think it may be time for us or our kids to have a generator., likely the kids since they have extra bedrooms and a heck of a lot more space... strange to consider buying generators but the times may call for us to do just that.

It looks like the snow is here to stay. DH doesn't want to hire a snow plowing company, says it's the only exercise he gets in the winter, lol....so onward into the deep freeze we go.

Just saw that Sobeys has recalled some fresh veggies, fyi...

Ok! Enjoy the day, everyone!

Trading Score
    0 (0%)

Happy Birthday Cookie Monster!!!!

Newfiescreech and cath007 like this.

Trading Score
    3 (100%)

This may of may not show up on here...it's a crap-shoot...

Trading Score
    29 (100%)

Thanks @Lynn49 for the recall info. I don't buy those, but our son buys already prepped veggies so I will let him know.

Happy 🐈 urday, everyone!

Had a rough night, so went back to sleep for an hour and that feels better.

Sun is shining strongly here, temp is plus three.

Hope everyone has a scrumptious Saturday!

Name:  peets_n_beans.jpg
Views: 114
Size:  186.5 KB
    Last edited by Natalka; Sat, Nov 2nd, 2019 at 03:47 PM.

Thread Information