User Tag List

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Like Tree214Likes

Thread: Air Miles Shop the Block 2019: Nov 14-Dec 27

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    273 (100%)

I wonder if redeeming air mile points for $50 products in food land, do I qualify for this promotion?

thanks in advance!
    Anna Michele likes this.

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by Arjon View Post
    I'm not seeing three easy ones either. For instance, while I've only taken a first look at this week's Sobeys flyer, I didn't see an obvious way to spend $50 without paying more than I usually do for various things, which would effectively reduce the value of the 300 BAM.
    Its blue friday you can do it

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

Trading Score
    551 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by hcao View Post
    I wonder if redeeming air mile points for $50 products in food land, do I qualify for this promotion?

thanks in advance!
    Yes but being blue friday might as well spend the hundred

Sent from my SM-A520W using Tapatalk
    hcao likes this.
    JOIN NOW WIN BIG in the Survivor Pool starting in the Spring
    Season 40 Winners At War
    https://forum.smartcanucks.ca/435852...a/#post7022499

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

SOBEYS - Blue Friday tomorrow. Some decent AM bonus miles deals, especially if you are doing Shop The Block promotion as well.
    hcao likes this.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by tjthemanto View Post
    SOBEYS - Blue Friday tomorrow. Some decent AM bonus miles deals, especially if you are doing Shop The Block promotion as well.
    I'd be interested to see a few examples of deals that are the same as or lower than the good sale prices at other stores. I'm not seeing much at all.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

I'd be interested to see a few examples of deals that are the same as or lower than the good sale prices at other stores. I'm not seeing much at all.
    Sunlight Dishwashng Liquid 800 ml - 4 for $ 10 - with 40 BAM - So $ 1.50 per bottle after 40 BAM

Breyers Ice Cream Tubs 1.66 L - 4 at $ 2.99 each - with 40 BAM - So $1.99 per Tub after 40 BAM

Astro Yogurt Tubs 750 gms - 4 at $ 2.00 each - with 25 BAM - So $ 1.40 per Tub after 25 BAM

Lays Family Size chips 255 gms - 4 for $ 11.00 - with 40 BAM - So $ 1.75 per bag afer 40 BAM

Quaker Granola Bars 156 gms - 2 for $4.44 - Buy 10 - with 100 BAM - So $ 1.22 per box after 100 BAM

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I need at least 1 dishwashing liquid per month. So I will probably buy 8 of them for $ 20. They easily last for a year or so without expiring or losing their scent.

I eat Yogurt a lot. Especially the plain white Astro Balkan style plain yogurt since it has no artifical colours, refined sugars, gelatin, flavours etc. Will probably buy 8.
    For $ 16.

Might buy some Granola bars or Breyers Ice cream or regular stuff like Milk 4 litre bags, Bread etc to make $ 50 spend at SOBEYS for SHOP THE BLOOCK promotion.

MAKE SURE YOU USE THE SOBEYS SHOP THE BLOCK COUPON if you are doing the $ 50 spend.

The Bonus AM for Blue Friday will be automatic, the Shop The Block promotion won't be automatic unless you present the STB coupon.!
    hcao and walkonby like this.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Sunlight Dishwashng Liquid 800 ml - 4 for $ 10 - with 40 BAM - So $ 1.50 per bottle after 40 BAM

Breyers Ice Cream Tubs 1.66 L - 4 at $ 2.99 each - with 40 BAM - So $1.99 per Tub after 40 BAM

Astro Yogurt Tubs 750 gms - 4 at $ 2.00 each - with 25 BAM - So $ 1.40 per Tub after 25 BAM

Lays Family Size chips 255 gms - 4 for $ 11.00 - with 40 BAM - So $ 1.75 per bag afer 40 BAM

Quaker Granola Bars 156 gms - 2 for $4.44 - Buy 10 - with 100 BAM - So $ 1.22 per box after 100 BAM

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I need at least 1 dishwashing liquid per month. So I will probably buy 8 of them for $ 20. They easily last for a year or so without expiring or losing their scent.

I eat Yogurt a lot. Especially the plain white Astro Balkan style plain yogurt since it has no artifical colours, refined sugars, gelatin, flavours etc. Will probably buy 8.
    For $ 16.

Might buy some Granola bars or Breyers Ice cream or regular stuff like Milk 4 litre bags, Bread etc to make $ 50 spend at SOBEYS for SHOP THE BLOOCK promotion.

MAKE SURE YOU USE THE SOBEYS SHOP THE BLOCK COUPON if you are doing the $ 50 spend.

The Bonus AM for Blue Friday will be automatic, the Shop The Block promotion won't be automatic unless you present the STB coupon.!
    The thing is... if I factor the value of the BAM into how much I pay for the products, it means I'm buying the BAM. As a simplified example, if I buy 8 Sunlight and take off the 80 BAM to arrive at a cost of ~$1.50 each, I will still have paid out $20 in actual money, not $12.

So, if I say I only spent 8x$1.50=$12 on the Sunlight, what did I get for the other $8? The only possibility is the 80 BAM, which are worth ~$8.

So when I redeem those 80 BAM, I have to count them as $8 because that's what I paid for them, not $0.

Then, when I redeem those 80 BAM, I have to remember that I paid $8 for them, which effectively means my OOP when I redeem them is $8, not $0.
    alohamom, hcao, walkonby and 1 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

The thing is... if I factor the value of the BAM into how much I pay for the products, it means I'm buying the BAM. As a simplified example, if I buy 8 Sunlight and take off the 80 BAM to arrive at a cost of ~$1.50 each, I will still have paid out $20 in actual money, not $12. <br>
    <br>
    So, if I say I only spent 8x$1.50=$12 on the Sunlight, what did I get for the other $8? The only possibility is the 80 BAM, which are worth ~$8. <br>
    <br>
    So when I redeem those 80 BAM, I have to count them as $8 because that's what I paid for them, not $0. <br>
    <br>
    Then, when I redeem those 80 BAM, I have to remember that I paid $8 for them, which effectively means my OOP when I redeem them is $8, not $0.
    Yes your OOP is $ 20 at Sobeys, not $ 12.

But for $20 you are getting a lot.

Say a bag of milk of 4L is $ 4, you can redeem the 80 BAM for 2 Bags of milk later on.

So $ 20 (OOP) =

8x - Sunlight Bottles ( $20 you spent OOP initially)
    2x - 4 Litre Milk bags (80 BAM redemption later on)

------

The Sunlight Bottles never go on sale for less than $ 2 at No Frills, Food Basics, Freschco etc. And milk is always $ 4.

So even if you buy this in other stores on sale later on, you will come out ahead by $ 4 in Sobeys as you spent only $ 20 OOP over there.

Other stores will be :

Sunlight - 8 x $ 2 = $16
    Milk - 2 x 4 = $8

So $24 for the same stuff at other stores, as opposed to only $20 at Sobeys.

--------------------

Same calculation can be made for Astro Yogurt Tubs which rarely go below $ 2 at other stores.
    ----------------------

Plus if you add the Shop The Block AM promotion to this Blue Friday BAM promotion - you will definitely come out ahead, as Sobeys will be counted as 1 partner shop and you will get the STB air miles also later on.
    Last edited by tjthemanto; Fri, Nov 22nd, 2019 at 05:29 PM.
    hcao and lotsasavings like this.

Teachers Have Class
    Trading Score
    520 (100%)

Say a bag of milk of 4L is $ 4, you can redeem the 80 BAM for 2 Bags of milk later on.

So $ 20 (OOP) =

------

The Sunlight Bottles never go on sale for less than $ 2 at No Frills, Food Basics, Freschco etc. And milk is always $ 4.

So even if you buy this in other stores on sale later on, you will come out ahead by $ 4 in Sobeys as you spent only $ 20 OOP over there.

Other stores will be :

Sunlight - 8 x $ 2 = $16
    Milk - 2 x 4 = $8

--------------------

Same calculation can be made for Astro Yogurt Tubs which rarely go below $ 2 at other stores.
    ----------------------

Plus if you add the Shop The Block AM promotion to this Blue Friday BAM promotion - you will definitely come out ahead, as Sobeys will be counted as 1 partner shop and you will get the STB air miles also later on.
    I shopped Blue Friday today, purchased for just over $100, and included the flyer coupon for an extra 100 Air Miles ($10.50 value) on top of the Air Miles I earned for yogurt, etc.

I redeemed Air Miles to pay for all but $1.60 of my purchase.

I don't often shop at Sobeys but the Blue Friday deals are usually worthwhile, especially since I can redeem Air Miles to pay for them.
    hcao likes this.

Junior Canuck
    Trading Score
    5 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by lotsasavings View Post
    I shopped Blue Friday today, purchased for just over $100, and included the flyer coupon for an extra 100 Air Miles ($10.50 value) on top of the Air Miles I earned for yogurt, etc.

I redeemed Air Miles to pay for all but $1.60 of my purchase.

I don't often shop at Sobeys but the Blue Friday deals are usually worthwhile, especially since I can redeem Air Miles to pay for them.
    Did the STB coupon work?

CSR scanned and it didn’t register. She tried keying it in and I’m not sure if it worked either.

I didn’t get the 5x base pts per STB offer and nothing shows on the receipt referencing the STB coupon.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

So $ 20 (OOP) =

------

Other stores will be :

Sunlight - 8 x $ 2 = $16
    Milk - 2 x 4 = $8

--------------------

----------------------

The thing is... you're making a selective comparison of purchase with loyalty program benefits vs. a straight purchase with no such benefits. If that works for you, fine. It doesn't for me since I do a large majority of my grocery shopping at stores where I earn PCO points. So far this year, for every $1 spent at those stores - not including SDM - I've averaged over 40% in points.

So to make a more apples to apples comparison, if I were to spend $20 on Sunlight on sale, I'd get 10 bottles, and on average, over 8k in points. So I don't see how it's better to spend $20 OOP to get only 8 Sunlight plus 80 BAM.

The STB partner bonus does work in Sobeys favor, but in practice, I stocked up on Sunlight earlier in the year when it was $2 with buy three get one rebated offer. I'm also fully stocked on Astro yogurt that I got using FPCs as part of a shop where I paid 41 cents, redeemed 10k and got back 12k. So atm, it would take more than the STB partner bonus for me to buy more of either.

Fwiw, the last time I bought Sunlight, earlier this year, it was $2 with a buy 3 get a full rebate for 1 offer, so effectively $1.34.
    alohamom likes this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    159 (100%)

Which is the cheapest wine to get at LCBO?
    Apply every possible promo code to your cart, at every store that you visit (and get points for cash back on top of that?). It's sweet and easy with HONEY.

Always use Ebates and get cash back at over 600 online stores! Use this link to get $5, FREE

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    46 (100%)

The thing is... you're making a selective comparison of purchase with loyalty program benefits vs. a straight purchase with no such benefits. If that works for you, fine. It doesn't for me since I do a large majority of my grocery shopping at stores where I earn PCO points. So far this year, for every $1 spent at those stores - not including SDM - I've averaged over 40% in points.

So to make a more apples to apples comparison, if I were to spend $20 on Sunlight on sale, I'd get 10 bottles, and on average, over 8k in points. So I don't see how it's better to spend $20 OOP to get only 8 Sunlight plus 80 BAM.

The STB partner bonus does work in Sobeys favor, but in practice, I stocked up on Sunlight earlier in the year when it was $2 with buy three get one rebated offer. I'm also fully stocked on Astro yogurt that I got using FPCs as part of a shop where I paid 41 cents, redeemed 10k and got back 12k. So atm, it would take more than the STB partner bonus for me to buy more of either.

Fwiw, the last time I bought Sunlight, earlier this year, it was $2 with a buy 3 get a full rebate for 1 offer, so effectively $1.34.

These extreme cases are always going to exist, but they are rare.

You can use Astro FPC's over here also with Sobeys and you will get both the BAM and STB AM's.

You can also use AM redemption to buy the products if you have enough of them, need not pay OOP and you will still get the BAM & STB AM.

That buy 3 get 1 rebated sunlight offer if from Manufacturer can be used over here also.

AM also has promotions where when you redeem you can get AM back at various retailers. If you want you can save your BAM and STB AM for such events and redeem them, just like you saved & redeemed your PCO points for such PCO redemption 's and promotions.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by torontogal12 View Post
    Which is the cheapest wine to get at LCBO?
    It's not 100% accurate, but if you look at the offers that award small amounts of BAM, one of them is likely to be the lowest OOP. At first glance, the wine lower=cost offers appear to cost at least ~$25 because they require buying two bottles, not one like before.
    Ciel likes this.

Trading Score
    13 (100%)

These extreme cases are always going to exist, but they are rare.

You can use Astro FPC's over here also with Sobeys and you will get both the BAM and STB AM's.

You can also use AM redemption to buy the products if you have enough of them, need not pay OOP and you will still get the BAM & STB AM.

That buy 3 get 1 rebated sunlight offer if from Manufacturer can be used over here also.

AM also has promotions where when you redeem you can get AM back at various retailers. If you want you can save your BAM and STB AM for such events and redeem them, just like you saved & redeemed your PCO points for such PCO redemption 's and promotions.
    I agree I could have done basically the same deal at Sobeys. However, there was a window of one day to do so, whereas the deal at RCSS was for the entire week that my 10k wus $50 personal offer was valid as well as the other weeks I've had this offer in the past few months. So again, not completely apples to apples, IMO.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread Information