User Tag List

Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast
Like Tree1602Likes

Thread: November 2019 Frugal Chatter Thread (clock changes for many)

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

@greentires4me -love the cooling rack part of your purchase! *Envy* I don't need new cookie pans but I could use some racks--saw a set of three in a flyer recently (store name eludes me).
    Glad you have been keeping warm with the winter jacket. I am using my own despite a springlike day because the temperatures can change quickly or with the setting sun!
    If you do intend to keep temptation in the house as a gift for the person you wrote, please get lots of flyers or free newspaper to wrap it up before you park it in the designated holding area.
    2021-Bring on the sunshine, sweets & online shopping.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Fabricland sent news of a new location opening up in Stratford on Nov. 30! Store fans will be rejoicing because the prior store's closing caused a lot of upset.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

While I did a little early morning grocery shopping today (found some reduced price yellow peppers for the soup I was to have made but not yet), many hours were spent bagging leaves, taking them to the road and raking. Plenty of leaves got mulched. I am officially over fall yardwork.

Of the two Clif holiday bars, my preference is for the Peppermint bark. I used my $1 off coupon to buy both new bars (hot chocolate has dark chocolate and some icing on top). They go well with apple cider (part of snack breaks from raking)!

I aggravated a nerve on my back left side-it started while carrying my groceries in a tote home. I did not balance the bag contents nor switch hands while carrying the tote home. When I got into my yard work, that nerve got yowling-then I connected the dots and told myself I had it coming...My back will be in bliss once I get under my comforter tonight-the heat will soothe that nerve or else I'll be doing not much of anything tomorrow to get my back on better terms!

Happy find is discovering 4 coupons stapled into the middle of the Ontario Milk Calendar (offers are posted in the 2019 Coupons from Magazines thread). My mailed copy has not shown up as yet so I picked up a free copy at Longos.

Bed Bath and Beyond showed a Frozen 2 gingerbread kit in its latest flyer (but it's not showing on the website-can it be sold out already?). Think it might be a great activity and edible for the kids rather than a new toy. Today on CHCH Morning Live, the stats on the movie's box office-$127mil US and over $300mil globally. Think how much merchandise has been sold based on the movie before Nov. 22...

I have clipped items I like from the Ikea catalogue and recycled the rest of it. I do really like the round 600ml glass storage jar and the bamboo lid purchased during the summer. Would not mind a couple more containers (once I figure out where they can be stored).

Dofasco has sent the parking coupon for its annual Xmas party in the mail. If the buses are still operating in mid-December, I plan to visit the party to enjoy the lights, check out the gift options for the lucky kids and get some sweets!

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

Good earlier evening!!!! Still sick but I made it trough my day,Purchased a few things at wm for the Christmas Donations...(guignolee) here in QC.Hope my rest of the week will be better!!!! Have a good evening and night everyone...I could say writting to compagny praise have really paid off ..I start to receive coupons from them!!!And I hope if I receive fpcs to not be charged for taxes even it is stated on the coupon taxes is included because I would really hated that! And a special thanks for @Ciel . I received a beautiful Christmas card with kind words..You are the best! I really like SC community and theirs members for their generosity,advises,encouragements and good deals
    Last edited by cath007; Mon, Nov 25th, 2019 at 06:26 PM.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Trading Score
    42 (100%)

We saw Frozen 2 on the weekend with an Autism Ontario screening Saturday morning. As one of my daughter's has Autism (Aspergers) we got to go for $3 a ticket or $15 total as a family. I bought generic "Frozen" princess headbands and wands at Michael's 80% off for $3 each (times three) just after Halloween. The girls wore them to the movie. I cashed in RBC Rewards for $50 Cineplex Card for movie food. The whole event cost us about $25 out of pocket on opening weekend. No theatre crowds either due to special screening. We normally buy the Costco deal for tickets and food which runs us about $75. No deals the same would cost us $120.

I am done my Christmas shopping. I bought a bunch of Frozen first generation toys at Dollarama for the Frozen-themed gifts in October knowing the movie was releasing. On to finish wrapping.
    "There are more important things--friendship and bravery...."
    -Hermione Granger

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

@barbis9 the one I is from Natasha kitchen both my DDs loved them
    barbis9, Ciel, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    65 (100%)

https://natashaskitchen.com/pierogi-recipe/

I used double cheddar instead of mozzarella cheese
    Last edited by flemeth; Mon, Nov 25th, 2019 at 09:40 PM.
    barbis9, Ciel, lilo0003 and 2 others like this.

Canadian Guru
    Trading Score
    54 (100%)

Good morning and Happy Tuesday. Beautiful day here today. I have my office window open

Tonight- Drop DS off at work and then get going on laundry and house work. Taking a nice roast beef out of the freezer for tomorrow nights dinner. I need to charge my ipad tonight and get posting stuff for sale. Need to fill my summer fun jar since I want to plan lots of little road trips to festivals etc.

Picked up a few free calendars at Foodland if anyone is looking. My guy has a unique work schedule that gives him 6 days off in a row every 3 weeks so we are planning some getaways so writing it all out on the calendar helps plan stuff.

Have a frugal day everyone
    barbis9, Ciel, coupon girl and 2 others like this.

Smart Canuck
    Trading Score
    3 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by flemeth View Post
    https://natashaskitchen.com/pierogi-recipe/

I used double cheddar instead of mozzarella cheese
    thank you for posting!
    Ciel, cath007 and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

We don’t have any fabric stores around because they went bankrupt but when I was in Michael’s on Wednesday I noticed they had fabric.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    barbis9, Ciel, cath007 and 1 others like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Trading Score
    3 (80%)

I dropped off the depot yesterday. The staff entered my suite without preauthorization so we’re going to make a dispute. They entered Tracy’s suite with a camera and started taking pictures. And told her their coming back in 90mins to see it clean. She was livid. I am sick of these monthly inspections I don’t have a grow op in my apartment so there’s no need to come in once a month or when ever they basically feel like it.

Yesterday I went to dollarama and grabbed 2 of these sorry you couldn’t tell they were iced almonette I love these cookies there so good. I tried on skater shoes they were on for $100. Pretty cheap If you ask me. Since it’s 9:30am and the mall is open maybe I should go buy more iced almonette hehe. My appointment is not till 2:45pm. Or I will leave at 11:45am.

It’s cold outside I went and redeemed a scratch and win only wore a hoodie and I am cold.

Last edited by greentires4me; Tue, Nov 26th, 2019 at 12:37 PM.
    Ciel and cath007 like this.
    Live, Love, Laugh

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

There's a wind warning tomorrow for Niagara, Haldimand and Norfolk areas but the same warning is showing up for Hamilton on the Weather Network. Please let the siding on the house stay intact this time around or let's see how solid the repair job was done on the affected area.

My back is very miffed at me and I'll need another day to lose some more pain. Managed to find $1.80 in containers-I'm 60 cents away from covering the balance of my Dec. bank fee very soon! Delighted to find 2 more Monopoly game stickers (properties, not free food or beverages) as well on my container walk in the bright sunshine! Morning gratitude rep-seeing the yard waste truck crew lobbing all the bags of leaves into their truck.

Breakfast was two lemon tarts (Farmers Market brand), some leftover curried lentil stew with 1/3 cup of cooked quinoa and some crackers. Then had some more cider and brewed a cup of Earl Grey tea. Ironed the kitchen linens laundered last night and put away the bath towels too (laundered and folded them last night but did not tote them upstairs until after breakfast today). I saw the Walmart commercial about the boy saving his chore money for a gift and I still smile everytime that savings bank moves!

Had a late afternoon snack of fruit explosion Tic Tacs that I bought last week for $1.13 at Dollarama.

I was thinking that the CN Rail strike would likely impact retail sales too if merchandise sold out and say restocks were stuck at ports. But I posted in the News subforum that a tentative agreement has been reached with Teamsters Union and the rail employees will be back on the job tomorrow at 6am. I never knew that farmers needed propane fuel for crop drying. Nightly news had been indicating low propane reserves by province, so I was aware that fuel was important for some reason (it must have impacted propane bbq tank refills as well).

Thought to see if Yellow Pages might have mention of when Hamilton will get their print directories. Then I realized that YP has eDirectories and wow I can see Mississauga and Toronto editions. https://edirectories.yp.ca/BookshelfView/
    Hamilton's directory listing is still for the 18/19 year, so the new edition must be coming soon.
    barbis9, cath007 and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Found this intriguing place in Ethiopia on the Weather Network's website:
    https://www.theweathernetwork.com/ca...-nothing-lives

I have never known this location to be mentioned in places to see in Ethiopia. There could be a tour package opportunity, I think. Visually amazing images and colours!
    cath007 and SassyAshley like this.

Trading Score
    12 (100%)

Quote Originally Posted by greentires4me View Post
    We don’t have any fabric stores around because they went bankrupt but when I was in Michael’s on Wednesday I noticed they had fabric.

Some Walmarts stock basic fabrics (but not at my local Supercentre). Generally speaking, fabric stores are harder to find or may be more niche market to appeal to quilters or home decorators. Fashion fabrics are very hard to find in great ranges as stock does not seem to move fast so new colours or prints may linger well into a following year. Dream trip would be to visit New York City fabric stores on MPB day with a blogger who knows the garment district well-he organizes an annual August group day and started a spring day as well.
    barbis9 and cath007 like this.

Trading Score
    40 (98%)

I am kind of mad even if my financial counsellor explain me that my insurance life is 77$ per month not 57$ when I sign up my policy today It like I am not trusting him anymore to do my placements... He promise me 8% of benefit with no fees but that is really too good to be true...my father is not agree to do my placements with him so I will have to think about this one seriously and have a chat with my aunt...kind of scary to loose some money again in that thing
    Ciel likes this.
    The goal is to live day by day not to much thinking hahaha !!!!
    I love to save money!!! Frugal life hahaah !!!

Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ... 10 18 19 20 21 22 ... LastLast

Thread Information